You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 230>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

That's awful tripe from Seamus, really not like him at all.

Standard. Team captain isn't going to criticise the management. Remember Robbie defending Stan on the late late. 
Blog: A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: A False First XI
Sponsored Links

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Standard. Team captain isn't going to criticise the management. Remember Robbie defending Stan on the late late. 

Ya but robbie did his talking on the pitch. Can we say the same for seamus when hes fit?? I think he gets an easy time with our fans..maybe cause he seems a good guy. But i cant remember too many games when i went wow coleman was brilliant tonight. Hes been as poor as most of our players have been for a good while. Never inspired me as a captain. I think duffy should be our captain.
valo88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote valo88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2018 at 11:32pm
Coleman talking bollox, Andrews has said nothing out of order here and his analysis have been spot on. Merely pointing out the basics from a coaching perspective of where we're going wrong and what we should be doing.

...and besides, Andrews job for Ireland was anything but to try and create! Himself and Whelans job under Trap was to sit deep and break up play. Passing the ball to wingers to create or pass back to goal if theyre not available rinse/repeat.

DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 4:31am
Seamus: hero. Hope we get a few more years out of him.

Right about Andrews. Wrong about the criticism, however.
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

With regards to his comments about Andrews, not that he hasn't criticised the management.
We're decent enough..
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 8:57am
Don't know Coleman at all and my opinion is from bits and pieces from media but I feel that he comes across as a fella who is content with his lot, not one for rocking the boat and tows the party line.
I wonder how ambitious he is/was considering he was one of the top right full backs for a number of years  and remained loyal to an average Everton team and never at least publically showed interested in moving up a level club wise. Then again maybe he is/was not as highly rated as we think he is/was
 or is not driven.

Anyway, hope the fella gets back to his best and does the business on the pitch instead of being MON's PR.
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:11am
Ah come on what is he meant to say

"We're sh*te and need to sack Martin" LOL
The White Cafu View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The White Cafu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:14am
Some bollox talk on here. Do people expect him to come out and publicly back Keith Andrews??
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 9:52am
I think he handled it well but the comment about Andrew's playing ability was a low blow and no need. Everything other than that was spot on standard sh*t from a the ROI captain who was made captain by MON. 

lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:23am
The only bad thing I take from that interview is that he seems to more focused on March then the Denmark game. He perhaps thinks the Danes will beat Wales and any result will be null in void but still.
Icy Bread People View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Icy Bread People Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:28am
He was wasteful in possession a few times yesterday. Even if he didn't get injured I don't think he'd have gotten a CL club, he's not the ball player you need to be for a top club these days. Martin was describing him as world class last week as a rebuttal to Wales having no Gareth Bale, comparing our loss of Coleman as the same. And he made him captain. No wonder Seamus likes him!
Still one of our most important players and I hope he improves this season. 

Edited by Icy Bread People - 22 Oct 2018 at 10:29am
Maccatacca View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maccatacca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 10:58am
Seamus seems to be a bit of a yes man, which is probably why he’s the captain.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 11:45am
Modern day footballer in not trying to ruffle any feathers is hardly a shock?

99% of professional footballers are like robots when talking to the media, there are very few who speak their mind anymore.

Boring cliches and the same old non-sense being spouted. 

Edited by Green Devil - 22 Oct 2018 at 11:45am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
mbyrne15 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbyrne15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I don't believe he's a yes man, he's our captain because he's a leader both on and off the field.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 12:15pm
He is being loyal which is what you would expect. He knows its a shambles but likes the fact than MON made him captain.I like Coleman but he has never really had an outstanding game for us for a few years if at all.  His best games were if anything under Trap. 
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 1:42pm
Originally posted by mbyrne15 mbyrne15 wrote:

Originally posted by Maccatacca Maccatacca wrote:

I don't believe he's a yes man, he's our captain because he's a leader both on and off the field.

is he though? maybe off the field but on the field? have we seen much of that? 
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 2:01pm
bit of a nothing story this.. 

i like coleman as a player and captain and also like andrews as a pundit.

watched the game yesterday, save the penalty tackle he played really well. everton certainly did not need to have 3 centre halves to get him forward up the pitch. himself and digne were seriously advanced. 

probably wouldnt work for ireland given we give the ball away so regularly. 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 2018 at 2:07pm
Personally, I’d like Coleman in a more advanced role. By only playing him at RB you are not maximising his potential, and with Doherty available, you have greater options.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 166167168169170 230>
  Share Topic