You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 230>
Author
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 7:28pm
MOM yesterday despite getting caught for fulhams 2nd

outstanding performance

his haters should get right off his back Wink

Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 7:30pm
Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

MOM yesterday despite getting caught for fulhams 2nd

outstanding performance

his haters should get right off his back Wink

Corny as f**k , but you have a point LOL
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 8:16pm
At faukt for Fulhams second goal but overall had a very good game. Puting in a couple of important challenges too.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 10:44pm
So, motm, but the reason they didn't get three points? I'm not being smart but it's an unusual combo.
skippy87 View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skippy87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2012 at 11:19pm
played well if ya watch the hold game bar the mistake in injured time.
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 1:24am
got on pl team of the day, lads still having a go at the chap
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 6:08am
It was a costly error but his performance apart from that was very good both defending and attacking.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 9:56am
I think to say he was at fault for the equaliser is harsh.  partly at fault yet to let his man get in at the back post.  but the ball had come along way to get that far.  Wouldve thought the lads at LB and LW were just as culpable.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 10:22am

He lost the ball near the half way line granted....you still need to do an awful lot to score...harsh to say its his fault....whole team needed to defend better.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 10:28am
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

He lost the ball near the half way line granted....you still need to do an awful lot to score...harsh to say its his fault....whole team needed to defend better.

it was Trap's fault
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 10:37am
It is very odd that people want to see a good young up & coming Irish player to unachieve & nit pick about every little mistake he makes, just to brag & hat themselves on their back that they are proved right.Ye are ment to be ROI SUPPORTERS, so start being SUPPORTIVE.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 11:13am

I don't think Coleman is the perfect Right Back right now but he should certainly be our number 1 right now. He is not too long in the game, particulary playing RB in the prem. I am sure he is working very hard to cut out the mistakes he can make.

I do feel people are almost happy to see him make these mistakes so they can pat themselves on the back and say I told you so. He comes in for a lot more stick on here than other players who get in the team.
It's similar to the stick McGeady gets off the old McGeady haters. They refuse to awknowledge his improved game. They are very quiet when he is our best player on the pitch but as soon as he has a bad game they come out in force

Edited by t_rAndy - 05 Nov 2012 at 11:15am
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

I don't think Coleman is the perfect Right Back right now but he should certainly be our number 1 right now. He is not too long in the game, particulary playing RB in the prem. I am sure he is working very hard to cut out the mistakes he can make.

I do feel people are almost happy to see him make these mistakes so they can pat themselves on the back and say I told you so. He comes in for a lot more stick on here than other players who get in the team.
It's similar to the stick McGeady gets off the old McGeady haters. They refuse to awknowledge his improved game. They are very quiet when he is our best player on the pitch but as soon as he has a bad game they come out in force

+1

Agreed fully.

I myself had doubts about Coleman being played at right back for Ireland , mainly because he wasn't playing there for Everton! Now i will say i'm very much warming to the idea of Seamus nailing down that right back spot for Ireland for many years to come.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 1:23pm

When is the last time mcgeady was the best player on the pitch for Ireland ?

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

How is it relevant?

It seems that some players should be immune to criticism.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

How is it relevant?

It seems that some players should be immune to criticism.

No one immune to criticism, maybe after getting motm, it might be better to point out the positives.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:10pm

I'd say overall he was our best player in the euro qualifying campaign. From an attacking perspective for sure
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2012 at 2:44pm
McGeady is vastly overrated by some on here. The initial promise he showed when he first moved to Russia hasnt materialised unfortunately for us.

The only 2 games that I would say I was hugely impressed by him were Slovakia away and 45 mins against Bosnia in May.

On topic, I had my doubts over Coleman but has proven me wrong at club and international level the last 2 months. He deserves to keep the RB spot. I hope we never have to put up with O Shea in that position ever again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 230>
  Share Topic