You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 230>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 6:03pm
Dont think i have ever commented on clark, nothing against coleman at all just pointing out his failings as a right back so far, he seems to struggle with his positional sense, and i think if you look at the tackle again he gets nothing on the ball defo peno
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Mick_G Mick_G wrote:

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Getting away with murder again today, should have been a peno against him aswell

never a pen. He got the ball. It was a good tackle. Thought he has been very solid myself.

+1 what have people got against the lad he gets a serious amount of abuse on here from the same people who portray Clark like McGrath

+2.Thumbs Up
Gaillimh Abu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaillimh Abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 6:05pm

Originally posted by El_nino El_nino wrote:

Getting away with murder again today, should have been a peno against him aswell

never a pen. He got the ball. It was a good tackle. Thought he has been very solid myself.

+1 what have people got against the lad he gets a serious amount of abuse on here from the same people who portray Clark like McGrath

Have seen them given. Looking at it again on the box it looks like a peno in fairness
To try and fail is understandable but to fail to try is inexcusable
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 6:10pm
thought he was only okay today, stupid tackle though, not sure if it was a pen, 6/10
Whacha gonna do
fochie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fochie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 6:11pm

Dont think i have ever commented on clark, nothing against coleman at all just pointing out his failings as a right back so far, he seems to struggle with his positional sense, and i think if you look at the tackle again he gets nothing on the ball defo peno

Like Kelly,O shea, or what ever mystical Irish Rb you have in mind?.The positional 
sense argument is only a cop out for previous arguments on the lads ability as a contender for that 
position.No question he has more to offer in that positon than the above mentioned.
Moyes is no mug, he wouldnt put him there if thought he wasnt up to it.
Our best RB by a country yard.

Edited by fochie - 21 Oct 2012 at 6:11pm
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 6:38pm
Was a definite penalty, very rash.
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 6:45pm
I thought the peno could've been given if the ref saw it from another angle. But the argument about his positional sense being poor is a strange one (if you take out people saying that to have their initial opinions "vindicated"). I don't even know what situations people are referring to. Can someone point out one incident where he was caught "out of position" today? Baines looked a look more shakier defending at times than Coleman did.

Thought he was fairly solid today apart from that tackle, which could and possibly should, have been a peno.

It's hilarious to think that he's playing at right back regularly now for a team sitting 4th in the Premier League and some lads would still be happier to see the likes of McShane in there.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

I thought the peno could've been given if the ref saw it from another angle. But the argument about his positional sense being poor is a strange one (if you take out people saying that to have their initial opinions "vindicated"). I don't even know what situations people are referring to. Can someone point out one incident where he was caught "out of position" today? Baines looked a look more shakier defending at times than Coleman did.

Thought he was fairly solid today apart from that tackle, which could and possibly should, have been a peno.

It's hilarious to think that he's playing at right back regularly now for a team sitting 4th in the Premier League and some lads would still be happier to see the likes of McShane in there.

Who???!! 
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 6:51pm
the problem was he miscontrolled the ball when it came to him the first time and didnt clear it and then was forced to make a recovery tackle which he just about got away with

ref probably didnt give it to even up the one he didnt give when jelavic was fouled in the first half

Mick_G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 7:06pm

I wasn't taking about you directly I just think people over analyse his performance
@mickgleeson82
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Who???!! 

There were at least three comments citing McShane to be better than Coleman at right back before but I can't find them on this thread - they may been around the time McShane played against Italy or the Serbia match when he also played right back. Think there was another Coleman thread before.

Anyway GD, you obviously don't fancy Coleman at right back, so who would you prefer? Here are your options:

1. Stephen Kelly, who has a total of 21 minutes League Cup football to his name this season for Fulham. Also rumours of him not willing to travel to Faroe's.
2. Kevin Foley, who has only played the last 3 games for Wolves in the Championship and who, in all likelihood, won't be back after his bad treatment. Nor has he shown any great potential for Ireland.
3. John O'Shea, who proved to be no longer capable of playing right back in Poland and barely put a foot right in the whole tournament.
4. Paul McShane, who with respect, has proved to be a complete liability at defending and offers very little going forward.

The choice is yours Thumbs Up
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 7:20pm

Who???!! 

There were at least three comments citing McShane to be better than Coleman at right back before but I can't find them on this thread - they may been around the time McShane played against Italy or the Serbia match when he also played right back. Think there was another Coleman thread before.

Anyway GD, you obviously don't fancy Coleman at right back, so who would you prefer? Here are your options:

1. Stephen Kelly, who has a total of 21 minutes League Cup football to his name this season for Fulham. Also rumours of him not willing to travel to Faroe's.
2. Kevin Foley, who has only played the last 3 games for Wolves in the Championship and who, in all likelihood, won't be back after his bad treatment. Nor has he shown any great potential for Ireland.
3. John O'Shea, who proved to be no longer capable of playing right back in Poland and barely put a foot right in the whole tournament.
4. Paul McShane, who with respect, has proved to be a complete liability at defending and offers very little going forward.

Well i for one never suggested that McShane should be played at right back ahead of Coleman.

I said a few months back that i don't think Coleman is a better right back than he is a right winger , i also said it's madness to start a winger who doesn't play right back for his club before he got a run in the team.

I'm slowly warming to the idea of Coleman being a right back for Ireland , there was no need to draw up the list of players as i'm fully aware of our options. I was merely looking for posters names who actually said McShane is a better option than Coleman.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 7:20pm
'twas a peno for me, played well apart from that tho
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 7:30pm

Who???!! 

Well i for one never suggested that McShane should be played at right back ahead of Coleman.

I said a few months back that i don't think Coleman is a better right back than he is a right winger , i also said it's madness to start a winger who doesn't play right back for his club before he got a run in the team.

I'm slowly warming to the idea of Coleman being a right back for Ireland , there was no need to draw up the list of players as i'm fully aware of our options. I was merely looking for posters names who actually said McShane is a better option than Coleman.

Fair enough but most people who criticise Coleman for right back tend to ignore the lack of other options available.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 7:30pm

I wasn't taking about you directly I just think people over analyse his performance
No prob mick Thumbs Up, i'm probably over critical of him been as too many on here start drooling when a new young lad comes along in whatever position and automatically think because he is playing at x y or z that he is the absolute answer to our prayers straight off the bat, i personally would rather he was playing wing, but as i said before he is still learning his trade and does have a lot more to learn on the defensive side of his play
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 9:50pm

No prob mick Thumbs Up, i'm probably over critical of him been as too many on here start drooling when a new young lad comes along in whatever position and automatically think because he is playing at x y or z that he is the absolute answer to our prayers straight off the bat, i personally would rather he was playing wing, but as i said before he is still learning his trade and does have a lot more to learn on the defensive side of his play

Daithi, In fairness you are calling it as it is.
I think Coleman is a very good talent but you just can't ignore his defensive lapses.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 10:49pm
He still has a lot to learn at Rb. He is not very solid there put it that way. But I think he has great potential for the position and just needs more experience, he could be a real top right back and I'd still have him a guarenteed starter for us the moment. I think having full backs who are comfortable moving the ball forward is something we have been missing under Trap the last while and it is one of the reasons we play so many long balls!

Edited by t_rAndy - 21 Oct 2012 at 10:51pm
danny10tot View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny10tot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:58pm
I'm going out on a limb and saying that the full backs who started against the Faroes should start for the rest of the campaign! I'd be far more confident with that and in the long term O'Shea and Sledge look our most likely pairing at CB particularly with dunney is out till the new year! 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1516171819 230>
  Share Topic