FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 230>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by Bandwagon Bandwagon wrote:

Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Regardless, he's certainly out for June, and most likely the rest of this Euros campaign, so it's a huge loss both on and off the pitch.
With Doherty not actually playing football, we're suddenly very light in that RWB area.

Ogbene and Browne also doubts.

Doherty & O Dowda?...though Doherty isn't paying. Festy could be getting a shout. Manning too.
Sponsored Links

Bandwagon View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bandwagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by Fozz Fozz wrote:

Regardless, he's certainly out for June, and most likely the rest of this Euros campaign, so it's a huge loss both on and off the pitch.
With Doherty not actually playing football, we're suddenly very light in that RWB area.

Ogbene and Browne also doubts.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 3:31pm
Yeah he is likely out for June but people have been retiring him without any further update.

He will be a huge loss even looking at the recent French match. His legs are nearly gone but you just can't buy that experience, discipline, commitment that he gives us on nights like that.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 3:01pm

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 2:59pm
He was already playing with hamstring strains in both legs, a calculated risk based on his importance to the team. The tackle looked really bad on the night but we’ll just have to wait for an update to find out how bad.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 2:49pm
The hope is that its not serious, and that he will be back on his feet in no time.

But its not a leap to be concerned that a player who had already had one serious injury, and now another will find it difficult to overcome it, if it is as serious as it could be.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

That was a lot worse than I was expecting. Would be surprised if he came back from that.

Why do people always say this? Barring someone literally mangles themselves it's very uncommon for a players career to be ended by a bad injury. Eunan O'Kane is the only Irish player I can think of in recent times who fits that bill. It was bad, he'll probably be out for a year, but based on everything we know about Coleman he'll do everything to return to play again, and that being the case he almost certainly will.

Because he will be nearly 36 when he returns.

It looked like a serious injury to his knee and possibly a broken leg too - the second time too.

It becomes more difficult to return from injury the older you get. I hope he makes a full recovery and continues this playing career but I'm not too sure.

Unless he's out for 18 months, no he won't be. If it's ligaments he'll have surgery and will be back playing in 8-10 months. The only thing that would make it unlikely he'll return would be if there is catastrophic cartilage damage. If it's a break he could be back quicker than that. If it's none of the above then maybe we're all jumping the gun completely. If there's one player people should have learned not to write off, it must be Coleman, the man is an absolute warrior.

The forum is about opinions, and it looked to me a serious injury - Sean Dyche also commented in the post match interview that he too believed that it looked like a very serious injury.

And it was you said he will be out for a year. And if that were to be the case, he will be just over 2 months shy of his 36th birthday before he returns to competitive football. 

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by ShamtheRam ShamtheRam wrote:

The YBIG doctors out in force todayClap

Seamie went from being 34 to 36 in the space of a few minutes too...

PANICCCCCC

That's it. There is no news so far. We often see a player going off on stretcher but then it turns out not as damaged as first feared. Let's wait to see that actual news.
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 2:13pm

That was a lot worse than I was expecting. Would be surprised if he came back from that.

Why do people always say this? Barring someone literally mangles themselves it's very uncommon for a players career to be ended by a bad injury. Eunan O'Kane is the only Irish player I can think of in recent times who fits that bill. It was bad, he'll probably be out for a year, but based on everything we know about Coleman he'll do everything to return to play again, and that being the case he almost certainly will.

It looked like a serious injury to his knee and possibly a broken leg too - the second time too.

It becomes more difficult to return from injury the older you get. I hope he makes a full recovery and continues this playing career but I'm not too sure.

Unless he's out for 18 months, no he won't be. If it's ligaments he'll have surgery and will be back playing in 8-10 months. The only thing that would make it unlikely he'll return would be if there is catastrophic cartilage damage. If it's a break he could be back quicker than that. If it's none of the above then maybe we're all jumping the gun completely. If there's one player people should have learned not to write off, it must be Coleman, the man is an absolute warrior.
We're decent enough..
Gaz View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
You'll always be Gazsh to me.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Originally posted by You Tell Me You Tell Me wrote:

Incredible to see Liverpool fans mocking him on social media today. Always amazes me that Irish people flock over to England in their thousands to support Liverpool and the like alongside absolute scum like that.
Posts on social media are representative of nothing...except of the individual neanderthals who put up vile stuff. Hardly needs saying that the vast majority of Liverpool supporters are decent people, just like the people of that city.
Have travelled all over the UK and i’ve never met as many awkward and unhelpful people as i have in that city.

LOL
I dont email the count anymore, its been 9 months : ( He even sent me a YBIG scarf for my Birthday
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 1:27pm
The YBIG doctors out in force todayClap

Seamie went from being 34 to 36 in the space of a few minutes too...

PANICCCCCC
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
GoneToShowgies View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoneToShowgies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 1:24pm

Ive no doubt his injuries will heal, after all he will get the best treatment money can. But the problem is not the injury as such but how it effects a player's game, how many times have you seen a player not come back to the same level after an injury. Thats why it could be a career ender as he won't be PL standard and I doubt he has a desire to play at lower levels. Plus he is 36 and is openly talking about coaching. 
Trigboy 10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigboy 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 1:08pm
Originally posted by TooOldForThis TooOldForThis wrote:

Incredible to see Liverpool fans mocking him on social media today. Always amazes me that Irish people flock over to England in their thousands to support Liverpool and the like alongside absolute scum like that.
Posts on social media are representative of nothing...except of the individual neanderthals who put up vile stuff. Hardly needs saying that the vast majority of Liverpool supporters are decent people, just like the people of that city.
Have travelled all over the UK and i’ve never met as many awkward and unhelpful people as i have in that city.
J89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote J89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 12:53pm
Since Everton are supposedly up to their neck in sh*t financially, could that be the last time we even see Coleman in an Everton shirt even if the injury is say out till Christmas time.

He'll be 35 and on high wages for a club that's gonna have to severely slash costs if things reported are true. Even more so if relegated as there's talk of repayments towards a big loan that's triggered if relegated.

Unless he's already signed a new deal and it just wasn't announced yet.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 12:52pm

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 12:40pm

Was somethig announced? Whats the latest?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 12:30pm

Edited by The O'Shea - 02 May 2023 at 12:31pm
We're decent enough..
TooOldForThis View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TooOldForThis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2023 at 12:21pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 230>
  Share Topic