FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 230>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 5:41pm
Getting away with murder again today, should have been a peno against him aswell
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 3:32pm
starting right back again today, live on sky if anyon wants to watch himThumbs Up
Whacha gonna do
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Well, Coleman was the one who gave the ball away for that goal. HOWEVER, he tracked back really really well. It was McGeady in front of him who stood still, iirc. I would blame McGeady a lot more than Coleman for not doing his job and tracking back on that goal.

The problem is that Coleman was caught out of position. 
He also didn't get enough support from midfield and the forwards, and that fact that McGeady could have done more in tracking back.

But he needs to be responsible for his own positioning.

Overall it was an encouraging display from him in the 2 games. As long as Everton are playing him at right full then he should keep his position in the team.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Well, Coleman was the one who gave the ball away for that goal. HOWEVER, he tracked back really really well. It was McGeady in front of him who stood still, iirc. I would blame McGeady a lot more than Coleman for not doing his job and tracking back on that goal.
ya im the same. he should have stayed with him
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 9:06pm
Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 12:28am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

Just seen a few comments there on Coleman from the Germany game.Looked solid and  done well overall in the two games (though he was a bit slow to comeout for Germany's second goal). Would ye have him as a right midfielder with Kelly behind him or basicallly in ahead of Kelly. if he is on the right of midfield who do we drop out of McGeady and McLean?

Id probably stick with him at right back so we can have McGeady and McLean on the pitch so unfortunately no place for Kelly

bit harsh that mu

few right backs in the world could have recovered from the speed of that german counter attack

Im not completely condemning the lad as he was exposed to be fair but he waited just that extra second to close Reus down. Maybe he was reluctant to come out incase Reus dribbled around him but I thought he should still have went to challenge him. Overall he done well in the two games and probably deserves to stay RB

think we should give the germans the credit for such a brilliant goal in this instance rather than apportioning blame to any of our players

cant say the same about the rest of the game unfortunately

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 12:23am
Originally posted by Smartalex Smartalex wrote:

Just seen a few comments there on Coleman from the Germany game.Looked solid and  done well overall in the two games (though he was a bit slow to comeout for Germany's second goal). Would ye have him as a right midfielder with Kelly behind him or basicallly in ahead of Kelly. if he is on the right of midfield who do we drop out of McGeady and McLean?

Id probably stick with him at right back so we can have McGeady and McLean on the pitch so unfortunately no place for Kelly

bit harsh that mu

few right backs in the world could have recovered from the speed of that german counter attack

Im not completely condemning the lad as he was exposed to be fair but he waited just that extra second to close Reus down. Maybe he was reluctant to come out incase Reus dribbled around him but I thought he should still have went to challenge him. Overall he done well in the two games and probably deserves to stay RB
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Smartalex View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartalex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2012 at 12:19am

bit harsh that mu

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 9:06pm

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by othiek othiek wrote:

Thought he was sh*t defensively ok going forward

Spot on, needs a lot more games at right back for Everton before he's a viable option for us in that position....
keitho5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keitho5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 3:54pm
Thought he was sh*t defensively ok going forward
Oooooooooohhhhhh yes sir......
BaileNuisBhoy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaileNuisBhoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I watched the game again today and thought he did ok. He was as I expected caught out of position a few times primarily for the 2nd goal.

A 4-4-2 formation does not suit him if he is going to be over lapping the right winger.
A 4-5-1 will allow him to get forward and overlap the right winger without getting exposed too much as you will have an extra midfielder to cover the position for him. 
Are you well???
Say no to Egg Chasing!!!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 3:35pm
I watched the game again today and thought he did ok. He was as I expected caught out of position a few times primarily for the 2nd goal.

A 4-4-2 formation does not suit him if he is going to be over lapping the right winger.
A 4-5-1 will allow him to get forward and overlap the right winger without getting exposed too much as you will have an extra midfielder to cover the position for him. 
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Real Irlanda View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Irlanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 3:31pm
i thought he did quite well compared to what was around him, he actually saved us a couple of goals. McGeady left himtotally exposed.

I dunno though there was nothing positive to come from this game. Im depressed about Irish football and have been for a long time. ITs being run by clowns from top to bottom, and there are no signs of it stopping
Gaillimh Abu View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gaillimh Abu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 1:51pm
Imo Coleman is more of a right midfielder. He was comfortable on the ball last night but his positional sense is woeful for a full back. Saying that it was not easy on the lad to make his competitive debut is such a game and the centre backs and Mcgeady were no help to him.
To try and fail is understandable but to fail to try is inexcusable
McCourtsFenianArmy View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McCourtsFenianArmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

All our problems were down the left last night as Ward is not up to it and Cox is not a winger so I don't see how you're blaming Coleman for the 6 goals.

Coleman's good performances at right wing for Everton meant he was played there more often. And have you ever seen Tony Hibbert play? He's a solid right back and very experienced.

Nobody blamed him for the 6 goals but its a fact that the first 2 were from his area of the pitch although he was not exclusively to blame.

Tony Hibbert is so good hes never come within a donkeys roar of an England cap- which is a very unusual thing for an Englishman with some many prem appearances.

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by McCourtsFenianArmy McCourtsFenianArmy wrote:

Not had the best of luck on competitive starting debuts!

Lost 5 for Everton in Benfica and 6 lastnight.

Major doubts over his defensive abilities at this level.

Its not taken Moyes 3 years to introduce him at RB for no reason.

All our problems were down the left last night as Ward is not up to it and Cox is not a winger so I don't see how you're blaming Coleman for the 6 goals.

Coleman's good performances at right wing for Everton meant he was played there more often. And have you ever seen Tony Hibbert play? He's a solid right back and very experienced.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
dotts101 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dotts101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 1:38pm
decent composure on the ball but ze germans targetted him and alot of there play came down there left
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 230>
  Share Topic