Séamus Coleman

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 230>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

Quality from Coleman last night Clap

He should never be right back for Ireland Wink

When there was no sign of him playing anywhere bar right midfield for Everton Wink

Delighted to see him do very well last night and his attitude was first class Clap
Full back was always his natural position Thumbs Up 

It shouldn't take Moyes' opinion to change for others to do likewise Wink
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:54am
Originally posted by Trapped Trapped wrote:

When there was no sign of him playing anywhere bar right midfield for Everton Wink

Delighted to see him do very well last night and his attitude was first class Clap
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:51am

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
Real Irlanda View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Real Irlanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:48am
Originally posted by greengiant greengiant wrote:

Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

its vital that our full backs attack , this is what will cuase problems if the defenders double up on aidan, otherwise we are toothless

Coleman has the pace - Ward and Wilson do not.

i agree but it is not wards lack of pace its his inability to cross, thats why wilson should always be ahead

Its wards inability to defend full stop that should mean he never plays for us
Ward is a long ball merchant,he obviously isnt comfortable passing it around because he is constantly hoofing it long. Fair enough everyone was at it against Kaz but last night when we were showing a willingness to get it down and play Ward hoofed it a number of times when it was completely unnecessary. Coleman was fantastic last night, a real breath of fresh air. As much as I hope he has sealed the RB position,i feel he has definetly got what it takes to be our biggest threat out wide and may be more valuable playing higher up the field because he can be so dangerous out there. Unfortunately i dont think theres a suitable replacement at RB,certainly dont want to see Josh there again,what about Joey O'Brien?,I personally havnt seen enough of him this season. I hope he stays at RB but would like to see him gettin a chance further forward just to see,certainly has the potential to be far more effective than McClean,McGeady and Brady IMO.

I understand what your saying about Coleman pushing further up the pitch. The problem is he doesnt attack as well when playing right-wing, he finds it tougher to play his one-two's and he is more comfortable coming from deep, exploding onto the ball. I think we missed a trick not picking/playing joey o'brien in this game as he is a solid fullback who can fill in at LeftBack. For the life of me I don't know why he wasnt called up
greengiant View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

its vital that our full backs attack , this is what will cuase problems if the defenders double up on aidan, otherwise we are toothless

i agree but it is not wards lack of pace its his inability to cross, thats why wilson should always be ahead

Ward is a long ball merchant,he obviously isnt comfortable passing it around because he is constantly hoofing it long. Fair enough everyone was at it against Kaz but last night when we were showing a willingness to get it down and play Ward hoofed it a number of times when it was completely unnecessary. Coleman was fantastic last night, a real breath of fresh air. As much as I hope he has sealed the RB position,i feel he has definetly got what it takes to be our biggest threat out wide and may be more valuable playing higher up the field because he can be so dangerous out there. Unfortunately i dont think theres a suitable replacement at RB,certainly dont want to see Josh there again,what about Joey O'Brien?,I personally havnt seen enough of him this season. I hope he stays at RB but would like to see him gettin a chance further forward just to see,certainly has the potential to be far more effective than McClean,McGeady and Brady IMO.
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:28am

It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
danny10tot View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danny10tot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:25am
Thought Coleman was superb. The little drag back and poke through the number 3's legs was brilliant and then he went on to win a free from it. Well done 
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

George Best
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:23am

The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:17am
Some of Coleman's attacking play was fantastic last night, first half when from a standing start he played a quick one-two and put in a great cross right onto Cox's head but he missed
second half a cheeky nutmeg after a nice drag back and he was away up the wing

great prospect
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:15am

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
RogerMilla View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
#TEAMJAVIER #ENGANCHE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RogerMilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 10:09am
The first time the Devil made me do it. The second time I did it on my own.
PaulMcGrath5 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulMcGrath5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 9:58am
He looks a much better dribbler than McClean and a better crosser too, last night anyway, excellent display and he defended well in first half a few times too.
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 9:56am
They were picked because in traps eyes the roles didnt require someone that could get forward. I've seen out full backs think about gettin forward at times in games only to then check their run
Mick_G View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick_G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Stillhuntinghenry Stillhuntinghenry wrote:

I had big doubts over this lad but since his dire display against Leeds I've been slowly warming to him but after last night I can definitely see great potential in his as an attacking full back. He seems to have worked on his physique as he was a lot stronger on the ball.

My only worry would be when trap returns to type and our full backs become prisoners in their own half . This is where he may struggle as it removes the strongest part of his game

I'm not trap fan but think that the full backs not getting foward under trap Is a serious misconception. Jos and kilbane never got foward but think that's more to do with there legs being gone.

On Coleman ,incredible game and a very exciting player hopefully he keeps his place in the Everton team and keeps pushing on
@mickgleeson82
Stillhuntinghenry View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

useless at posting links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stillhuntinghenry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 8:39am
I had big doubts over this lad but since his dire display against Leeds I've been slowly warming to him but after last night I can definitely see great potential in his as an attacking full back. He seems to have worked on his physique as he was a lot stronger on the ball.

My only worry would be when trap returns to type and our full backs become prisoners in their own half . This is where he may struggle as it removes the strongest part of his game
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 8:25am
Such a joy to watch him attack with no fear. Does have to be careful though with his ball watching. Seen a couple of times were Forde had to shout at him to watch the winger sneaking in behind. But overall was the best player in the pitch
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 8:11am
Excellent last night, our best player by a mile in the 90. Good to see him play himself into the future 11
El_nino View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Santa Slayer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El_nino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2012 at 7:58am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

himself, mcclean and clark were excellent i thought

Would have to disagree with that.  His crossing was very poor bar one or two balls he put into dangerous areas.  Struggled to beat the 1st man on several occasions.

Re Coleman thought he was superb.  a complete breath of fresh air at RB.  Looked dangerous everytime he went forward and caused the Greek LB all sorts of trouble.  Nailed on to keep his place.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 208209210211212 230>
  Share Topic