You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Abbey Travel - 2&3 (pg5) Match Package

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:56pm
take your medicine you made a balls of that one LOL
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
Sponsored Links

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 1:01pm
Is it still not publicizing the company and the 'offer'. The source is immaterial. It just irritates me that these pirates get an allocation from the FAI
@AntrimMan85
captkeen View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote captkeen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by cododonnell cododonnell wrote:

Abbey Travel Packages to Euro 2012 

We have a 2 match package for the games against Spain in Gdansk on 14th June and Italy in Poznan on 18th June from €1699 plus guaranteed match tickets.

Package includes:

• Return flights departing 14th June to Gdansk and returning from Poznan on 18th June (after Italy match)
  • 4 nights accommodation in central Gdansk
  • Transfers
  • All taxes
  • Abbey Travel representative
Price based on 2 sharing in 3* hotel on B&B basis.  4* option also available.
Deposit (non-refundable) €300 per person.

We will also have a 3 match package for all Ireland's pool games - details on Mon.

To book call 01 8047102

Keep an eye on www.abbeytravel.ie for updates.

Can I be the Abbey Representative........Big smile
Live Long and Prosper.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 2:42am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Is it still not publicizing the company and the 'offer'. The source is immaterial. It just irritates me that these pirates get an allocation from the FAI

Confusedyou are not the target audience AM
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 3:21am

There will always be an official travel agent as its part of any deal to organise travel for the FAI.

The higher the prices, the less packages they will sell thus taking less tickets from the pool.

TBH why would you care what they charge, you will have your ticket and cheap package, and if people want to spend that kind of money let them.

I know nothing :-)
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 3:26am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

There will always be an official travel agent as its part of any deal to organise travel for the FAI.

The higher the prices, the less packages they will sell thus taking less tickets from the pool.

TBH why would you care what they charge, you will have your ticket and cheap package, and if people want to spend that kind of money let them.

+1, like a mate complaining about eastenders last night, if you don't like it don't involve yourself with it
domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 3:57am
Hate to see the price if this was still the Boom times absolute shockingShocked anyone that pays that money should be bet with a stick.Evil Smile
Shake and Bake
Barna Bee View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Barna Bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 4:23am
Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

Hate to see the price if this was still the Boom times absolute shockingShocked anyone that pays that money should be bet with a stick.Evil Smile

go easy there buddy ...it's personal choice , nobody is forced to buy anything....shocking price but there must be a market for these packages at that price ...if not they  will come down
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:00am
England Fans - Thompson day trip E788-816 outa Gatwick, 2 night trip E1470 -1647 ouch !
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
kelvin View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:15am
Originally posted by scaldy scaldy wrote:

It's pretty crazy money. I wouldn't dream of spending it because I've access to tickets, don't mind doing a bit of research on cheap flights and hotel, and overall couldn't afford it. But if there's lads who can afford it, can't get tickets or who are too lazy or not comfortable booking their own trip then I won't make them feel like an idiot or tell them they've been ripped off.

End of the day its terrible value for us but for others it could be great value. The only thing that really gets me is this business of flying home straight after the game, everyone likes to settle down and have a few pints rather than being turfed onto a bus, then on to a plane and arriving in Dublin wondering what day it even is

Exactly my feeling of it. Even the point made about the busing to/from the games. Sad fact is that I'm seriously considering this package. It's the only way that I can guarantee myself tickets. I haven't got a season ticket, although I've been to all the home games, so won't get a ticket through the FAI. I'm not comfortable enough money-wise to risk going out there without a ticket.

It's easy to look down on this as a poor deal but it's giving people the chance to go, when they otherwise wouldn't be able to. That will naturally come at a premium.

The one positive thing is the fact you just have to pay 300 for the deposit. Not sure when the rest is due but if it's closer to the date then that'd be ideal!
AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:17am
This will be some craic when we qualify for Brazil LOL
@AntrimMan85
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:19am

This will be some craic when we qualify for Brazil LOL

I think that needs a new thread - Travel arrangements Brazil 2014
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:22am
Originally posted by kelvin kelvin wrote:

It's pretty crazy money. I wouldn't dream of spending it because I've access to tickets, don't mind doing a bit of research on cheap flights and hotel, and overall couldn't afford it. But if there's lads who can afford it, can't get tickets or who are too lazy or not comfortable booking their own trip then I won't make them feel like an idiot or tell them they've been ripped off.

End of the day its terrible value for us but for others it could be great value. The only thing that really gets me is this business of flying home straight after the game, everyone likes to settle down and have a few pints rather than being turfed onto a bus, then on to a plane and arriving in Dublin wondering what day it even is

Exactly my feeling of it. Even the point made about the busing to/from the games. Sad fact is that I'm seriously considering this package. It's the only way that I can guarantee myself tickets. I haven't got a season ticket, although I've been to all the home games, so won't get a ticket through the FAI. I'm not comfortable enough money-wise to risk going out there without a ticket.

It's easy to look down on this as a poor deal but it's giving people the chance to go, when they otherwise wouldn't be able to. That will naturally come at a premium.

The one positive thing is the fact you just have to pay 300 for the deposit. Not sure when the rest is due but if it's closer to the date then that'd be ideal!

but if you look at it this way. with a bit of looking around you will get a return flight for say 300 to 350 including some train travel

you will get accomodation for 100 a night and that is a maximum. Accomodation will become available and i suspect 70/80 will get it.

So that 350 rtn and 4 nights (similar to package) for 750. say if the tickets offered by abbey are cat one that €1700 price becomes €1940 so you are essentially paying nearly €1200 more for tickets, transfers on an abbey bus and access to a rep.....you will get a ticket off a tout for probably €200 beyond

fair enough it gives piece of mind and slightly better accomodation but i just think its crazy to pay it. 
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
elroy45 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elroy45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:28am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

Thats the thing GF if we knew we'd be sorted with tickets then alot of us would rest easier.  Im a season ticket holder but no guarantee although have a good chance.
kelvin View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:30am
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

but if you look at it this way. with a bit of looking around you will get a return flight for say 300 to 350 including some train travel

you will get accomodation for 100 a night and that is a maximum. Accomodation will become available and i suspect 70/80 will get it.

So that 350 rtn and 4 nights (similar to package) for 750. say if the tickets offered by abbey are cat one that €1700 price becomes €1940 so you are essentially paying nearly €1200 more for tickets, transfers on an abbey bus and access to a rep.....you will get a ticket off a tout for probably €200 beyond

fair enough it gives piece of mind and slightly better accomodation but i just think its crazy to pay it. 

I understand that people think it's crazy to pay it but in reality NO ONE knows what the ticket situation will be like out there. I simply can not risk heading out there and not being able to get a ticket to the games. Sure it'd still be a bit of craic but I'm primarily going for the games.

Pretty sure Abbey are offering tickets from all categories, well they were for the single day package anyway. 
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:34am
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

have to agree, dont think tickets will be an issue at all bar maybe the spain game (only because they are WC/EC). We are not exactly known as the entertainers
kelvin View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kelvin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:41am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

have to agree, dont think tickets will be an issue at all bar maybe the spain game (only because they are WC/EC). We are not exactly known as the entertainers

Well one of the games I'm going to is Spain. So even the fact that there MIGHT be some difficulty getting tickets for this is a big risk for me.

I have nothing to work with. I have two options;

1) Pay the premium and get guaranteed tickets and everything else sorted.
2) Paying about half the Abbey price, get out to Poland and go in search of some tickets which could be any price.

I've only one experience of hunting for tickets and that was at the Super Cup in Monaco. I spent the entire day searching for tickets only to have no luck in the end. Ended up watching the game in a sh*tty pizzeria with some Russians. Horrible feeling knowing the game was happening less than a mile down the road and I wasn't there. No way I'm going out to Poland to experience that heartbreak again, even if ticket availability should be better. Everyone can speculate on ticket availability but no one knows until we get there. Circumstances will determine tout prices.
heyirish View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heyirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:51am

Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Well one of the games I'm going to is Spain. So even the fact that there MIGHT be some difficulty getting tickets for this is a big risk for me.

I have nothing to work with. I have two options;

1) Pay the premium and get guaranteed tickets and everything else sorted.
2) Paying about half the Abbey price, get out to Poland and go in search of some tickets which could be any price.

I've only one experience of hunting for tickets and that was at the Super Cup in Monaco. I spent the entire day searching for tickets only to have no luck in the end. Ended up watching the game in a sh*tty pizzeria with some Russians. Horrible feeling knowing the game was happening less than a mile down the road and I wasn't there. No way I'm going out to Poland to experience that heartbreak again, even if ticket availability should be better. Everyone can speculate on ticket availability but no one knows until we get there. Circumstances will determine tout prices.

Have you been on the Uefa resale portal. keep an eye on that. A few people on here have tickets got for all matches. Granted it seems you would need to be on it regularly but you could get tickets there
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>
  Share Topic