URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=34915
Printed Date: 28 Apr 2024 at 8:00pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Abbey Travel - 2&3 (pg5) Match Package
Posted By: cododonnell
Subject: Abbey Travel - 2&3 (pg5) Match Package
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:41am

Abbey Travel Packages to Euro 2012 

We have a 2 match package for the games against Spain in Gdansk on 14th June and Italy in Poznan on 18th June from €1699 plus guaranteed match tickets.

Package includes:

• Return flights departing 14th June to Gdansk and returning from Poznan on 18th June (after Italy match)
  • 4 nights accommodation in central Gdansk
  • Transfers
  • All taxes
  • Abbey Travel representative
Price based on 2 sharing in 3* hotel on B&B basis.  4* option also available.
Deposit (non-refundable) €300 per person.

We will also have a 3 match package for all Ireland's pool games - details on Mon.

To book call 01 8047102

Keep an eye on http://abbeytravel.newsweaver.ie/349zbi99uvr1vr1ydyu50k?email=true&a=6&p=19856795&t=20266725 - www.abbeytravel.ie for updates.

Replies:
Posted By: FrankosHereNow
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:47am
What an absolute rip off. If you went over to Poland with no tickets and ended up paying a tout three times the face value for each game over there, it would still work out a hell of a lot cheaper than Abbey. I hope nobody books these.

-------------
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row

Posted By: cabbageandbacon
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:47am

Even if i paid £300 each for 2 tickets i'd still be £500 better off. Crazy prices.

-------------
Twitter: @ghosty1879

Posted By: Vivakenbarlow
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:48am
Sure you could go on a weeks holiday pretty much anywhere in the world for that money

-------------
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it

Posted By: ballymacB
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:49am
Can u pay in installments

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:49am
their trip to Tallinn was reasonable enough but this two match package is mad money

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:51am
I have to say it is a rip-off. Used to think these were a handy idea for ppl who couldnt get tickets. And in fairness sometimes they are useful. Not this package. 1700 just to arrive in the day of the Spain game and leave straight after the Italy game, and match tickets are extra!!! So 1700 to live in Gdansk between matches. Terrible.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:53am
Honest question - why are these rip off merchants allowed to advertise for free on this forum?

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:54am
Dont tell me some of you thought that they were going to have reasonable prices for these packages?
aimed at the lazy fuks with a few bob in the pocket,who arnt arsed with trains,campervans,tents etc

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Posted By: The BIG P
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:55am
Cowboys, Ted!!

-------------
Howya now

Posted By: AidoM
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 5:57am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Dont tell me some of you thought that they were going to have reasonable prices for these packages?
aimed at the lazy fuks with a few bob in the pocket,who arnt arsed with trains,campervans,tents etc

Not nice talking about the Hornet like that BSM Wink LOL

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Posted By: Town Man
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:01am
and to think these are the official travel partner of the FAI

how are they allowed get away with it??

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:47am
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Not nice talking about the Hornet like that BSM Wink LOL
ShockedLOL

-------------

Posted By: tetsujin1979
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:55am
that's well over my budget

Posted By: Tuff Paddy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:55am
You can do a fortnight in Tobago all-inclusive for that money!

-------------
Waka waka hey hey, we're in Armenia!

Posted By: cabbageandbacon
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:56am

What do you really think though?Big smile

-------------
Twitter: @ghosty1879

Posted By: M.50
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 6:59am
Received this email too (opening post)

I replied in an impolite manner telling them exactly how I felt Thumbs Down

Posted By: M.50
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:00am
and unsubscribed form future emails http://yoursmiles.org/c-goodbye.php">

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:01am

Treacy used to charge more.

A mate of mine was on the same Aer Lingus flights to Paris in 2004.  He paid 1200 euro for his trip albeit in a much nicer hotel than mine. 

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:04am
Originally posted by Town Man Town Man wrote:

What is it with people ? it is not compulsory, nobody is forced to pay the money. If people dont mind roughing and have a bit of time it it can be done for  fraction of the cost.

If you dont have much time to spare I would venture ryanair would be the best bet

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:05am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

What is it with people ? it is not compulsory, nobody is forced to pay the money. If people dont mind roughing and have a bit of time it it can be done for  fraction of the cost.

If you dont have much time to spare I would venture ryanair would be the best bet
it is not compulsory-spot on

-------------

Posted By: reder
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:22am
Wow, is all I can say. I am staying in Nice for duration of the group games in an apartment smack bang in the centre of the town and flying over and back to Poland for our games, staying the night of the game and it isn't costing me near that much. 

How is it so expensive? I travelled to Tallinn with them and it was very reasonable for flights and 2 nights in a beautiful hotel.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:22am

Exactly no need to travel with them if you don't want to.  I have no doubt they pay well for their tickets too. 

Treacy before and Abbey do actually provide a good service albeit at a price. 

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:39am

well done it is not compulsory Clap

what I meant was for an official travel operator of the FAI they do not exactly offer value but then again the business is all about making as much €€€€ as they can

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:53am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

Exactly no need to travel with them if you don't want to.  I have no doubt they pay well for their tickets too. 

Treacy before and Abbey do actually provide a good service albeit at a price. 

I have travelled with both and treacy was 10 times better in fairness- never any delays and customer service was spot on

Went with him on paris trip you mentioned in 2004 - e1200 but in all fairness that was a completely different world economy wise and the hotel in paris was top notch

-------------

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 7:55am

well done it is not compulsory Clap

what I meant was for an official travel operator of the FAI they do not exactly offer value but then again the business is all about making as much €€€€ as they can

who is to say its not great value ? we ( or the vast majority on here) are not the target market  you might as well say 1st class travel doesnt offer value ?or Cat 1 tickets dont offer value? It represent value for a certain market it just doenst offer value for you (probably) and me (definitley)

Just like some people will stay overnight in an airport for a early morning flight to save  few pound - feck that I will get a hotel room or pay the extra money for a flight at a decent time.

If he fills his plane was it the right thing to do ?

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 8:10am
well if he fills his plane then he will be happy and of course they intend making a large profit!

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 8:12am
Would've been twice that price if we were drawn in the Ukraine.

Posted By: elroy45
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 8:13am
I was going to consider these packages as the wife is coming with me.  But even at the inflated prices that you can get rooms in poznan and gdansk right now, doing it yourself will still work out alot cheaper than these prices. 
Its a complete rip off to be honest. Selling themselves as the fans travel agent pretty much.  If it were for six nights it may not be too bad, but four nights and all in gdansk!!!  You have serious travelling to do on the Monday.  Down to Gdansk and then home at some hour of the morning.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 8:16am
Just wondering if that includes discount for ST holders Confused Shocked

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 8:40am

Salient point, this.

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 8:53am
Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Salient point, this.

The only ones I make Tongue 

-------------

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:12am

i believe they are claiming that the ST discount only applied to qualifying trips and does not apply for finals packages!!

Posted By: Steve Amsterdam
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:14am
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Yup. Easily would've tried to charge that to fans.

-------------
Molly Malone's pub- The home of YBIG in Amsterdam!

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:32am

Look if people can afford it well sure fire ahead , they aim at a certain market and most on here would not the main targets really .

I still say it's for loaded people who are too lazy to book anything for themsleves and would fine it hard to open a can of beans without reading the label .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: Twice_Daly
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:33am
that must be the worst package of all time! arriving and leaving on the same day as the games too, would not be bothered even if money was no issue. surely nobody would be lazy enough to book this package?

-------------
NUNS ARE PEOPLE TOO

Posted By: Pablo
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:40am
that price is a joke but it does not suprise me as with most if not all travel agents are Thumbs Down rip off merchants avoid is my advise

-------------
Euro 2012

Posted By: scaldy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:49am
It's pretty crazy money. I wouldn't dream of spending it because I've access to tickets, don't mind doing a bit of research on cheap flights and hotel, and overall couldn't afford it. But if there's lads who can afford it, can't get tickets or who are too lazy or not comfortable booking their own trip then I won't make them feel like an idiot or tell them they've been ripped off.

End of the day its terrible value for us but for others it could be great value. The only thing that really gets me is this business of flying home straight after the game, everyone likes to settle down and have a few pints rather than being turfed onto a bus, then on to a plane and arriving in Dublin wondering what day it even is

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 9:50am
Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

have you seen thomson's prices for the english?! astronomical

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 10:05am
Originally posted by scaldy scaldy wrote:

It's pretty crazy money. I wouldn't dream of spending it because I've access to tickets, don't mind doing a bit of research on cheap flights and hotel, and overall couldn't afford it. But if there's lads who can afford it, can't get tickets or who are too lazy or not comfortable booking their own trip then I won't make them feel like an idiot or tell them they've been ripped off.

End of the day its terrible value for us but for others it could be great value. The only thing that really gets me is this business of flying home straight after the game, everyone likes to settle down and have a few pints rather than being turfed onto a bus, then on to a plane and arriving in Dublin wondering what day it even is

I would have considered booking if they were flying home on the Tuesday sometime after the Italy game but the fact that you are pretty much going to be rushed away after the match, only get to be in one city really and wont be in the match city the night before any game.   Poorly organised if you ask me and the price?!!?

You really are paying for guaranteed tickets.  I would like to think those of us that are season tickets holders etc will get sorted for tickets without too much bother.

Posted By: Diego Duffy
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 10:47am
That price doesnt even include tickets!!!! Lock this thread!!or else no one comment on it and let it slip off the first few pages! JOKE!Angry

-------------
Ireland 4 Poland and Ukraine 2012 :D

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 11:29am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Steve Amsterdam Steve Amsterdam wrote:

have you seen thomson's prices for the english?! astronomical

What are thompson prices?

Posted By: Metal Paul
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 11:42am
Originally posted by Diego Duffy Diego Duffy wrote:

That price doesnt even include tickets!!!! Lock this thread!!or else no one comment on it and let it slip off the first few pages! JOKE!Angry
We have a 2 match package for the games against Spain in Gdansk on 14th June and Italy in Poznan on 18th June from €1699 plus guaranteed match tickets.

-------------
"There are no chicks with dicks Johnny, just guys with tits."

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 11:57am
On the phone so can't quote but it doesn't say tickets are included in the price. As I said earlier, why are they allowed free advertising here?

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:10pm
Not sure if 1699 for two games is much to advertise about.  Doubt the other travel agents will come up with any different.  Probably all will fly you out the night of the Italy match as well - like seriously.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

On the phone so can't quote but it doesn't say tickets are included in the price. As I said earlier, why are they allowed free advertising here?
It says plus guaranteed match tickets. I'd take it that means tickets are included in the price. 

-------------

Posted By: Sham157
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by Metal Paul Metal Paul wrote:

It says plus guaranteed match tickets. I'd take it that means tickets are included in the price. 

guaranteed ticket but will cost extra

Posted By: Weecounty
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:30pm
Tickets are extra! Also the 10% percent season ticket discount dosent count. Apparently it applies to qualifiers only. First I heard of it. They really are having a laugh.

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:33pm
Oh right.

-------------

Posted By: cododonnell
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:33pm

There not advertising. I put this up

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:35pm
Think he's referring to the google ads on the site

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:41pm
No I'm not. Sorry cododonnell, I assumed you were connected with them, posting the details, web link etc. apologies.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:49pm

No I'm not. Sorry cododonnell, I assumed you were connected with them, posting the details, web link etc. apologies.

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:54pm
Face palm all ya want but I'd still prefer the koonts got as little business as possible.

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: TBWRA
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 12:56pm
take your medicine you made a balls of that one LOL

-------------
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"

Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 1:01pm
Is it still not publicizing the company and the 'offer'. The source is immaterial. It just irritates me that these pirates get an allocation from the FAI

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: captkeen
Date Posted: 15 Dec 2011 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by cododonnell cododonnell wrote:

Abbey Travel Packages to Euro 2012 

We have a 2 match package for the games against Spain in Gdansk on 14th June and Italy in Poznan on 18th June from €1699 plus guaranteed match tickets.

Package includes:

• Return flights departing 14th June to Gdansk and returning from Poznan on 18th June (after Italy match)
  • 4 nights accommodation in central Gdansk
  • Transfers
  • All taxes
Price based on 2 sharing in 3* hotel on B&B basis.  4* option also available.

We will also have a 3 match package for all Ireland's pool games - details on Mon.

To book call 01 8047102

Keep an eye on http://abbeytravel.newsweaver.ie/349zbi99uvr1vr1ydyu50k?email=true&a=6&p=19856795&t=20266725 - www.abbeytravel.ie for updates.

Can I be the Abbey Representative........Big smile

-------------
Live Long and Prosper.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 2:42am

Is it still not publicizing the company and the 'offer'. The source is immaterial. It just irritates me that these pirates get an allocation from the FAI

Confusedyou are not the target audience AM

-------------

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 3:21am

There will always be an official travel agent as its part of any deal to organise travel for the FAI.

The higher the prices, the less packages they will sell thus taking less tickets from the pool.

TBH why would you care what they charge, you will have your ticket and cheap package, and if people want to spend that kind of money let them.

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: nvidic
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 3:26am
Originally posted by greenforever greenforever wrote:

There will always be an official travel agent as its part of any deal to organise travel for the FAI.

The higher the prices, the less packages they will sell thus taking less tickets from the pool.

TBH why would you care what they charge, you will have your ticket and cheap package, and if people want to spend that kind of money let them.

+1, like a mate complaining about eastenders last night, if you don't like it don't involve yourself with it

Posted By: domo
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 3:57am
Hate to see the price if this was still the Boom times absolute shockingShocked anyone that pays that money should be bet with a stick.Evil Smile

-------------
Shake and Bake

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 4:23am
Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

Hate to see the price if this was still the Boom times absolute shockingShocked anyone that pays that money should be bet with a stick.Evil Smile

go easy there buddy ...it's personal choice , nobody is forced to buy anything....shocking price but there must be a market for these packages at that price ...if not they  will come down

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:00am
England Fans - Thompson day trip E788-816 outa Gatwick, 2 night trip E1470 -1647 ouch !

-------------

Posted By: kelvin
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:15am

Exactly my feeling of it. Even the point made about the busing to/from the games. Sad fact is that I'm seriously considering this package. It's the only way that I can guarantee myself tickets. I haven't got a season ticket, although I've been to all the home games, so won't get a ticket through the FAI. I'm not comfortable enough money-wise to risk going out there without a ticket.

It's easy to look down on this as a poor deal but it's giving people the chance to go, when they otherwise wouldn't be able to. That will naturally come at a premium.

The one positive thing is the fact you just have to pay 300 for the deposit. Not sure when the rest is due but if it's closer to the date then that'd be ideal!

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:17am
This will be some craic when we qualify for Brazil LOL

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:19am

This will be some craic when we qualify for Brazil LOL

I think that needs a new thread - Travel arrangements Brazil 2014

-------------

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:22am
Originally posted by kelvin kelvin wrote:

Exactly my feeling of it. Even the point made about the busing to/from the games. Sad fact is that I'm seriously considering this package. It's the only way that I can guarantee myself tickets. I haven't got a season ticket, although I've been to all the home games, so won't get a ticket through the FAI. I'm not comfortable enough money-wise to risk going out there without a ticket.

It's easy to look down on this as a poor deal but it's giving people the chance to go, when they otherwise wouldn't be able to. That will naturally come at a premium.

The one positive thing is the fact you just have to pay 300 for the deposit. Not sure when the rest is due but if it's closer to the date then that'd be ideal!

but if you look at it this way. with a bit of looking around you will get a return flight for say 300 to 350 including some train travel

you will get accomodation for 100 a night and that is a maximum. Accomodation will become available and i suspect 70/80 will get it.

So that 350 rtn and 4 nights (similar to package) for 750. say if the tickets offered by abbey are cat one that €1700 price becomes €1940 so you are essentially paying nearly €1200 more for tickets, transfers on an abbey bus and access to a rep.....you will get a ticket off a tout for probably €200 beyond

fair enough it gives piece of mind and slightly better accomodation but i just think its crazy to pay it. 

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:28am

Thats the thing GF if we knew we'd be sorted with tickets then alot of us would rest easier.  Im a season ticket holder but no guarantee although have a good chance.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:30am
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

but if you look at it this way. with a bit of looking around you will get a return flight for say 300 to 350 including some train travel

you will get accomodation for 100 a night and that is a maximum. Accomodation will become available and i suspect 70/80 will get it.

So that 350 rtn and 4 nights (similar to package) for 750. say if the tickets offered by abbey are cat one that €1700 price becomes €1940 so you are essentially paying nearly €1200 more for tickets, transfers on an abbey bus and access to a rep.....you will get a ticket off a tout for probably €200 beyond

fair enough it gives piece of mind and slightly better accomodation but i just think its crazy to pay it. 

I understand that people think it's crazy to pay it but in reality NO ONE knows what the ticket situation will be like out there. I simply can not risk heading out there and not being able to get a ticket to the games. Sure it'd still be a bit of craic but I'm primarily going for the games.

Pretty sure Abbey are offering tickets from all categories, well they were for the single day package anyway. 

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:34am
Originally posted by heyirish heyirish wrote:

have to agree, dont think tickets will be an issue at all bar maybe the spain game (only because they are WC/EC). We are not exactly known as the entertainers

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:41am

have to agree, dont think tickets will be an issue at all bar maybe the spain game (only because they are WC/EC). We are not exactly known as the entertainers

Well one of the games I'm going to is Spain. So even the fact that there MIGHT be some difficulty getting tickets for this is a big risk for me.

I have nothing to work with. I have two options;

1) Pay the premium and get guaranteed tickets and everything else sorted.
2) Paying about half the Abbey price, get out to Poland and go in search of some tickets which could be any price.

I've only one experience of hunting for tickets and that was at the Super Cup in Monaco. I spent the entire day searching for tickets only to have no luck in the end. Ended up watching the game in a sh*tty pizzeria with some Russians. Horrible feeling knowing the game was happening less than a mile down the road and I wasn't there. No way I'm going out to Poland to experience that heartbreak again, even if ticket availability should be better. Everyone can speculate on ticket availability but no one knows until we get there. Circumstances will determine tout prices.

Posted By: heyirish
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 5:51am

Well one of the games I'm going to is Spain. So even the fact that there MIGHT be some difficulty getting tickets for this is a big risk for me.

I have nothing to work with. I have two options;

1) Pay the premium and get guaranteed tickets and everything else sorted.
2) Paying about half the Abbey price, get out to Poland and go in search of some tickets which could be any price.

I've only one experience of hunting for tickets and that was at the Super Cup in Monaco. I spent the entire day searching for tickets only to have no luck in the end. Ended up watching the game in a sh*tty pizzeria with some Russians. Horrible feeling knowing the game was happening less than a mile down the road and I wasn't there. No way I'm going out to Poland to experience that heartbreak again, even if ticket availability should be better. Everyone can speculate on ticket availability but no one knows until we get there. Circumstances will determine tout prices.

Have you been on the Uefa resale portal. keep an eye on that. A few people on here have tickets got for all matches. Granted it seems you would need to be on it regularly but you could get tickets there

-------------
karl pilkington to doctor when getting prostate examined: jesus thats high up that is, fcuking hell, right you're touching a lung now

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 6:03am

Well one of the games I'm going to is Spain. So even the fact that there MIGHT be some difficulty
As Heyirish said check put the portal, even Cat 1 tickets would be value, guys on here have got all three matches sorted

Monaco super cup Zenit St Peterburg ? - there are a shedload of Russians along the med coast all with money to burn and the opponents Barca ? Inter ? again not that hard to reach and capacity is only 18000. It sounds  like you were just unlucky

If money isnt the issue I would definetly DIY,

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 6:16am

England Fans - Thompson day trip E788-816 outa Gatwick, 2 night trip E1470 -1647 ouch !

They are in the arse hole of ukraine- totally different kettle of fish

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 6:16am

Well one of the games I'm going to is Spain. So even the fact that there MIGHT be some difficulty
As Heyirish said check put the portal, even Cat 1 tickets would be value, guys on here have got all three matches sorted

Monaco super cup Zenit St Peterburg ? - there are a shedload of Russians along the med coast all with money to burn and the opponents Barca ? Inter ? again not that hard to reach and capacity is only 18000. It sounds  like you were just unlucky

If money isnt the issue I would definetly DIY,

Yeah was the Zenit game. Absolutely tons of Russians at the game. Only went because I was told by everyone I spoke to that I'd have "no problem" getting tickets out there. Cheapest tout was selling tickets for €400 each! Bad times.

Money is an issue but it's not the main issue. I can't risk money, that's the concern. Saving this money is a huge task so I have to make sure it pays off and I get to the games.

I've had a look at the portal but I'll pay more closer attention to them now. Cheers for the recommendation guys. Question about that - I'm guessing those tickets would be for the "neutral" section?

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 7:33am
My non soccer mate was asking me about the Euro's and what not, he mentioned he'd heard that accommodation was really tough to get. I was surprised to hear that,  asked him where he go that info.

Off the ball on Newstalk - Had a tour operator discussing there packages -he was saying they were expensive so presume it was Abbey Travel. Then they had (so he said) The Irish Times travel correspondent saying that most hotels we're taken.

errrmmm let me see the tour operator will advertise on Newstalk - so lets make fans think tickets and accommodation will be really tough to get.

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 7:44am
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

My non soccer mate was asking me about the Euro's and what not, he mentioned he'd heard that accommodation was really tough to get. I was surprised to hear that,  asked him where he go that info.

Off the ball on Newstalk - Had a tour operator discussing there packages -he was saying they were expensive so presume it was Abbey Travel. Then they had (so he said) The Irish Times travel correspondent saying that most hotels we're taken.

errrmmm let me see the tour operator will advertise on Newstalk - so lets make fans think tickets and accommodation will be really tough to get.

This was on the Last Word on Today FM with Matt Cooper yesterday evening Thumbs Down

-------------

Posted By: SuperDub
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 12:53pm
Yea my sister rang me to tell me they had a rep on from Abbey Travel last night. I have travelled with them a couple of times as i have my dad and his pal travelling with me who are in their 70's and some times its easier to go on a package with them.

What they are offering this time is way out of our budget so we have booked Dublin - Luton - Berlin. We are looking at different options for accomodation but there is plenty of time to sort accomodation out.

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 1:39pm
Anyone heard if any other travel agents are offering different/better packages?

Posted By: Joe Mc
Date Posted: 16 Dec 2011 at 1:47pm
Abbey price mad-are they throwing in the theatre as well?-only justification is that the Polish hotels are lying in wait for their biggest payday..Bring a tent-Ryanair will love you!-or do what I did-hire a mid-sized estate car!

Posted By: madforit
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2011 at 3:17am

You would want to be insane to book with Abbey Travel, they are trying to rip everyone off in a time when people are struggling to pay their mortgages.

No need to complain about it - just dont book with them and they will be forced to reduce their prices or take a loss.

There is plenty of options out there, Lufthansa will fly you from Dublin to Berlin return for €200,train to Poznan is 2 hours. There is plenty of websites offering apartments. Just email them the dates, the going rate seems to be €70-€90 per person per night and they will do deals if you book early/stay for longer.

Posted By: JimmyG
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:06am

We now have a 3 match package for the games against Croatia in Poznan on 10th June, Spain in Gdansk on 14th June and Italy in Poznan on 18th June from €2349pp plus guaranteed match tickets.

Package includes:

• Return flights departing from Dublin on 10th June to Poznan and returning on 18th June (after Italy match)
  • 2 nights in Poznan and 6 nights accommodation in central Gdansk
  • Transfers (airport/hotel, Poznan/Gdansk rtn, stadium/airport)
  • All taxes
Price is per person based on 2 sharing in 3* hotel on B&B basis. 4* option also available.
WHAT A RIP OFF

-------------
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.

Date Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 9:09am
Considering they are charging 1700 for 4 nights and a two game package, 2349 for 8 nights and an extra game doesnt seem as steep.  Mind you each package are before tickets!

The first package is 425 a night whereas the other is only a mere 293 per night!!

Posted By: greenforever
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 11:04am
Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

We now have a 3 match package for the games against Croatia in Poznan on 10th June, Spain in Gdansk on 14th June and Italy in Poznan on 18th June from €2349pp plus guaranteed match tickets.

Package includes:

• Return flights departing from Dublin on 10th June to Poznan and returning on 18th June (after Italy match)
  • All taxes
Price is per person based on 2 sharing in 3* hotel on B&B basis. 4* option also available.
WHAT A RIP OFF

What did you expect

What does it matter what they are charging seen as you have already booked your own trip

I could understand if they were the only source of tickets

If people are happy to pay for this they will, its not compulsory for anyone to travel with Abbey.

-------------
I know nothing :-)

Posted By: Shelsman
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 12:47pm
these touts get their tickets from the Fai, makes me wanna puke

-------------
If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster.

Posted By: scaldy
Date Posted: 20 Dec 2011 at 1:44pm
Awful value for most, good value for enough

Posted By: yellow
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 7:02am
Just got this flyer from 747 travel. Much better than Abbey 's prices

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=1oTgwMpK5VhHQOXvn5Pw6wkBrQ875U8DGJCaKt83CpboOAeuWbBR5akc13v1b&hl=en_US - https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=1oTgwMpK5VhHQOXvn5Pw6wkBrQ875U8DGJCaKt83CpboOAeuWbBR5akc13v1b&hl=en_US

Posted By: yellow
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 7:04am
here is the 2 match deal. How can Abbey justify their prices when their competition are doing it for a fa better price?

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=191MjkfLsPUe_KHajVjrdlAtff1pjDQHdNZZr7OmnyHXaZrHH8DEuwSHQgkwb&hl=en_US - https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=191MjkfLsPUe_KHajVjrdlAtff1pjDQHdNZZr7OmnyHXaZrHH8DEuwSHQgkwb&hl=en_US

Posted By: JimmyG
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 7:05am

Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

Package includes:

• All taxes
WHAT A RIP OFF

What did you expect

What does it matter what they are charging seen as you have already booked your own trip

I could understand if they were the only source of tickets

If people are happy to pay for this they will, its not compulsory for anyone to travel with Abbey.
Am I not entitled to express an opinion on a matter that does not directly concern me?  I am however honoured to know that GF is keeping such a close watch on my personal arrangements.  It is like having a personal secretary.  Thank you so much. 

-------------
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 7:33am
Originally posted by yellow yellow wrote:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=1oTgwMpK5VhHQOXvn5Pw6wkBrQ875U8DGJCaKt83CpboOAeuWbBR5akc13v1b&hl=en_US - https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=1oTgwMpK5VhHQOXvn5Pw6wkBrQ875U8DGJCaKt83CpboOAeuWbBR5akc13v1b&hl=en_US

Say what ye like about 747 but that's a hell of a lot better value than Abbey's equivalent. The only thing is that 747's hotels will likely not be based in the host cities

Posted By: walsheman
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 7:40am

Originally posted by yellow yellow wrote:

Say what ye like about 747 but that's a hell of a lot better value than Abbey's equivalent. The only thing is that 747's hotels will likely not be based in the host cities

alot better value is right,puts abbey travels to shame with the extra game!!

-------------
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 7:55am

Are 747 guaranteeing match tickets at those prices?  Great deal if they are.

Posted By: wicklowrunner
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 8:24am

Gary, I wouldn't be depending on them.
He cannot source through FAI.

Posted By: bhob
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 8:31am
Jesus that's some difference!

Just goes to show that Abbey try and monopolise it because of the guaranteed match tickets. Nice to see a bit of friendly competition and help drive the prices down 

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 8:34am
Originally posted by wicklowrunner wicklowrunner wrote:

Gary, I wouldn't be depending on them.
He cannot source through FAI.

I'm already booked up independently and would never go with them again after Albania 03 fiasco when they cancelled the trip at the last minute.

The flyer doesn't indicate they are guaranteed.  Anyone booking with them would want to be very clear and confirm the tickets are guaranteed.

He does source local tickets through contacts but you are correct that he will not get them directly from the FAI.  He may also have a deal with Thomsons but those tickets don't come cheap. 

I'd also check the "convenient location" they are staying at as it normally involves horrendous bus trips.  Kazan and Malaga could be "convenient" locations a mere 45 hours by bus from Poznan. 

Posted By: Del-Piero
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 8:40am
Originally posted by M.50 M.50 wrote:

and unsubscribed form future emails http://yoursmiles.org/c-goodbye.php">

Clap

-------------
I don't quite see how you cherish the memory of the dead by killing another million. And, this is not combat, it's an act of lunacy, General Sir.

Personally, I think you're a f**king idiot.

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 8:49am
What price is that chancer at 636 offering can not get that flyer up?

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 8:58am
Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Must be an age thing daithi Wink

-------------

Posted By: daithi
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 9:02am

Originally posted by daithi daithi wrote:

Must be an age thing daithi Wink
LOL caught with me kacks down there

-------------
Just because it's tradition does not make it right

Posted By: dutchy15
Date Posted: 21 Dec 2011 at 10:16am
clearly lot cheaper ways to get there but i guess if people have the money they will pay. im flying to UK then driving to base myself in torun from there and frankly im excited about the road trip but not all people will want that sort of cheap and rough way to do it.  simple case of if people want it enough and can afford it they will pay so yes abbey will clean up. could be so much cheaper if they didnt base there hotel choices in host cities. im sure a travel agent could and should put the time into investigating towns nearby where prices wont have spiked so much and hence a cheaper overall price.

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net