You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Torun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 147>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 5:14am

t_rAndy + 3. Planning to do the same as Ger, use it as a base for 10 nights but maybe stay in the host cities the night before a game. Do an all nighter then after the games and get an early train back to Torun.

Sponsored Links

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 5:17am
Does it sell Stella ?
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 5:19am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

t_rAndy + 3. Planning to do the same as Ger, use it as a base for 10 nights but maybe stay in the host cities the night before a game. Do an all nighter then after the games and get an early train back to Torun.

Same as meself Andy + 1 mate, hopefully Doyler and Stevie too
Guf10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
...fond of the jar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guf10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 5:29am
Originally posted by PhilliyK PhilliyK wrote:

Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Same as meself Andy + 1 mate, hopefully Doyler and Stevie too

Ya we'll probably pull all nighters after the games and train it back the next morning Thumbs Up
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

Does it sell Stella ?

There goes a man with his priorities rightLOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Saint Tom View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Saint Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 5:55am
Tyskie, Warka, Żywiec, and Okocim all will do quiet nicely - polish beers are excellent imo
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 5:57am
That, they are Tom. Bottles of Zywiec are the future.

Son of Trap View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Trap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:03am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Originally posted by Son of Trap Son of Trap wrote:

Anyone booked into that Green Hostel?Was goin to go for it on booking.com but thought it looked a bit dodgy

yup, in there for two nights and orange plus for 2, whats dodgy about it?! has a really high rating!

Just thought it was strange that all the reviews have been written by poles and all in november 2011.However,Booking.com assure me that it's legit.Sold out now tho so booked angel hostel from 10th to 19th on hostel bookers instead
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:05am
My view is that anybody who is fussy about food or drink in your group, you just ditch them.  Bloody liabilities.i  
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:13am
mcdonalds and any yellow coloured beer = sorted
I know nothing :-)
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:18am
Now now  GF,  you are one to be talking.  Never seen such crowd of whingers looking for food in my life. 
Uncle Trap View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Uncle Trap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:22am
You could be humming and hawing about hostels for days. I had a look at Orange Hostel, it looks clean, has a 77% rating and is cheap. At the end of the day its a base, a bed to throw the bones down on. Once a fella can shower and get a nights kip and knows his gear is safe then thats all you want, it doesnt need to be a classy joint. For 8.88 a night it'll do!

During the day and evening we'll be exploring Torun and checking in to see how the oul' Grandmother is doing every so often!!! Tongue

Be fair class if Ireland set up camp within travelling distance...could nip over to watch them training etc.
Given, Dunne, Duff, Keane...The Generals.
greenforever View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greenforever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:30am
no mcdonalds stick to the beer
I know nothing :-)
The Saint View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Saint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:34am
booked into orange hostel between spain and italy games as a back up.
Plan on staying in gdansk and poznan though
FAIlure

Good shot, lovely ............ oh good jaysus
Gem View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:36am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

My view is that anybody who is fussy about food or drink in your group, you just ditch them.  Bloody liabilities.i  

One thing you definitely don't have to worry about with Saint Tom anyway, had to set an alarm on our phones in Tallinn to remind us to eat and drag Tom with us to get his first meal in two days

Edited by Gem - 04 Dec 2011 at 6:37am
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:43am

Nuclear option there Baldy. Here are another few options;

The Shipwreck option  - Eat nothing at all, stick to beer and smokes.
The Familyguy option - Eat 2 dinners at the one time, this does ya for 4 days (if topped up with sufficent quantities of vodka)
The McRonald option (not advisory, would recommend the first one ahead of that)
The Drink all day and get a kebab on the way home option - doesnt really matter what is in it or what it tastes like at that stage, you could eat the wrapper and it would still taste much the same

Think that should cover it. I'll be doing all 4 options at some stage next June.

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:44am

poor form neilThumbs Down, you used to be cool
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2011 at 6:46am
Originally posted by Saint Tom Saint Tom wrote:

Tyskie, Warka, Żywiec, and Okocim all will do quiet nicely - polish beers are excellent imo

Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 147>
  Share Topic