You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Torun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 147>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Don't know how anyone liked Poznan tbh.

Agreed.

Sponsored Links

Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:15pm
Murph likes many things that not all of us would like. Wink
AKA pedantic kunt
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:17pm
Same here as far as Poznan was concerned and we wre ripped off big time the 2nd match . the day in Gdansk was destroyed by the total lack of knowledge from the local Police as to where the buses could park as the infrastructure around the stadium was non existant and it pissed rain all day. Krakow was nearly three times more expensive than Torun and far less chance to meet locals as the place was just a tourist trap.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:20pm
I liked all of the places I went to, Spent 3 days in Torun and enjoyed it, lovelly spot and saw two Poland games there and really enjoyed it for the banter. 

Enjoyed Gdansk too and had a great night in Sopot too but glad I was not based in Sopot. 

I love the moving around, its not for everyone but I enjoyed 3 days and move style trip that we did.
AKA pedantic kunt
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:23pm
One thing I will say gufct is ya couldn't spend the money in Torun and that was with the prices hiked too, Poznan was a rip off but was to be expected.

Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:24pm
Wasnt mad about Gdansk, to be honest i felt like i was in a german city (i know the history). I was glad i got to visit the Shipyard Gates if only for their symbolic resonance for recent european history......  
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

Same here as far as Poznan was concerned and we wre ripped off big time the 2nd match . the day in Gdansk was destroyed by the total lack of knowledge from the local Police as to where the buses could park as the infrastructure around the stadium was non existant and it pissed rain all day. Krakow was nearly three times more expensive than Torun and far less chance to meet locals as the place was just a tourist trap.

There was a pub on the main square in poznan where the cxxts charged 12 zloty for a pint and this irish fan beside me told them to fcuk off and stormed out. i paid for mine (as it wasnt the poor bar girls fault) but i told her it was the first and last drink we'd have. Rediculous. Those plastic pint dispenser buggy things were charging 10 zloty which i didnt mind paying as id rather cold expensive pints than drinking warm cheap cans
which the lads were doing.Delighted we didnt stay the night of the italy game there and went back to Torun

Sorry just asking ya again gufct. Were you in willie and dominicks group seeing as you're from Galway?
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Cabra Hoop View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cabra Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:30pm

On the lash in Poznan for the Polish/Russia match, bought a pint in this swanky pub for 10zls. Went back to get another pint and pub was packed. So came out went into a smaller pub right next door which was empty and the pint was 8zl.......cheapest i got in poland was 3.5zl for a pint of "Specjal" 

" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by Sono Sono wrote:

One thing I will say gufct is ya couldn't spend the money in Torun and that was with the prices hiked too, Poznan was a rip off but was to be expected.

That's probably because you wouldn't buy anyone a pint ya tight cxxt but you're right it was cheaper than the other places.

As i posted the girlfriend said how the students were giving off about the prices going up those couple of weeks in Torun even though we found it cheap.
Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:31pm
Similar to some 2-3 days in  Torun was probably enough. I think peoples impresson of Gdansk were probably based on the sh*tty weather matchday and the result. Had a few days afterwards in it thought it was great, and planeed to go back so booked a week in July. I wouldnt rush back to Poznan though enjoyed it at the time
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:36pm
Anyone in Torun try the bar/restaurant on the east side of the square that had guinness.

It was the most septic pint i ever tasted. The head was actually about 2mm thick just poured and the head was already dark brown .I think the last fcuker to order guinness in there was copernicus himself.there was well over half of it left. fcukin rank
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:41pm

Don't know how anyone liked Poznan tbh.

Agreed.

100% Poznan's a kip, we actually headed to torun a day early from Poznan, great decision, ended up staying 2 extra days than previously planned before headin to Krakow.
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 1:43pm

Anyone in Torun try the bar/restaurant on the east side of the square that had guinness.

It was the most septic pint i ever tasted. The head was actually about 2mm thick just poured and the head was already dark brown .I think the last fcuker to order guinness in there was copernicus himself.there was well over half of it left. fcukin rank

FFS...You were asking for trouble  LOL

Pierogi  Clap

"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
coleman's View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coleman's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 2:04pm
What a spot. Cheap beer. Easy students celebrating end of exams. Beach volleyball contests, ogling the women to cure the hangover. Locals were dead on.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 2:14pm

Don't know how anyone liked Poznan tbh. I thought it was a sh*thole tbh apart from in and around the main square, I didnt think it was a nice city at all. Gdansk, Krakow, Warsaw (surprisingly nice mainly old town area) and Torun were all nice places.
What I liked about Torun was there was the perfect amount of us there without it being too wedged. never had to wait to get served and all the irish fans there were on the same wave length i think just glad to get away from the bigger cities for a restbite with the streets and pubs wedged

Yeah, have to say I enjoyed this aspect of the place as well.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 2:21pm

Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Yer it was nice spot and the locals were very friendly but really after two days that's it really not much else to do .
Now if cheap beer is the main factor on how fantatsic a town is then move to small town China in the middle Gobi you will love it there .

Really think people have gone way over the top about Torun .

Fully agree with this Murph, it was grand for a couple of days but there really was nothing to do except drink cheap beers, glad I went there but certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to go back.

Agree here, spent nearly 2 weeks in Torun but the 2 nights I spent in Poznan were far more livelier and it actually felt you were there for football. I did it because of price of accommodation. 

Torun is grand for a romantic weekend, not for a football trip IMO. Would imagine its as dead as a dodo there usually
darmack View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darmack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 2:42pm
Originally posted by coleman's coleman's wrote:

What a spot. Cheap beer. Easy students celebrating end of exams. Beach volleyball contests, ogling the women to cure the hangover. Locals were dead on.

Was a great way to spend a hungover morning with a mcdonalds breakfast.
The dark side.. And the light
crfc&srfc View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crfc&srfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 2:46pm
3 of us did Sunday night in Torun last month on way home from Stockholm on a bit of a promise. Place was empty and nobody around after 9 oclock. There were only 3 bars open after 10 and one of those was a strip joint. We went to a bar next door to that Moscow bar(not sure on spelling) on the square. Barman said we were daft as nobody drinks on a Sunday night. Sold us a bottle of vodka, litre of coke and an Ice bucket for 50zloty and ended up bananas in that bar across from hotel Gromadi. Only 4 other other people in both bars we were in. I think the university was on an easter break too which may have made things even quieter. Bulwar still doing the guinness, although it looked rank and was a one pour job.

We were in Gdansk the Saturday night and the place was deserted so ended up in Sopot and it was hopping there.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 142143144145146 147>
  Share Topic