You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Torun

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 147>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 4:29pm
Wouldn't say they where to impressed with Galway........
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
Sponsored Links

gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 3:47pm
There have been special links with Galway and Torun which will be strengthened when we bring the Galway U15 team over on the 28th June for a Tournament on the invitation of the Mayor of Torun. A delegation from Torun visited Galway in February and Met the President of the University,Chamber of Commerce,The Mayor and were special guests of the FAI at the Poland Game..

One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 2:18pm
Went with the missus irishmufc....it's was quiet the Friday night but the sat night was as good as any night here.during the day we rambled around the place and found a massive shopping Center that you,d spend a week in.like most of the places in Poland it's grand for 2/3 days but that's it,but I did find poznan much cheaper than it was in the euros and that alone would temp ya back.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Don't get the special bond thing with polish people either.....If qualify for the next euros people will be going on about the same 'bond' with that countries people,so it's all bollocks.saying that I've been back to poznan and had a decent rip....I wouldn't paint it the way it was in the euros as it was a totally different place.

Do ya like the city juicebomb? I didnt think it was a nice place at all, as bad as bratislava imo
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 1:33pm
Don't get the special bond thing with polish people either.....If qualify for the next euros people will be going on about the same 'bond' with that countries people,so it's all bollocks.saying that I've been back to poznan and had a decent rip....I wouldn't paint it the way it was in the euros as it was a totally different place.
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2013 at 1:50am
Fair enough, as I said everyone's experience of places is different.

deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:26pm
It does to me LOL

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
Sono View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Inspector Gadget

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sono Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:25pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

This is all a bit mad to me. Lads went to Torun for weeks, liked it, loved it.  Good for them. Other lads went to Torun for a few days and thought it was alright. Good for them as well. Some lads didn't like Gdansk, mainly because it was raining (they must really hate Ireland). Fellas saying Poznan was a 'rip off' because they paid € 3 for a beer instead of € 2.20. But above all, it seems most are congratulating themselves on their choice of Polish destination. I would like to add my congratulations to everyone, including myself, for their excellent choices, which were better than everybody else's. 

Just one last thing, if I remember rightly, on one of the travel threads in the whatever section, Sono once claimed Milan was a class spot/not in fact a concrete sh*thole, which pretty much renders every single point he has made on this thread irrelevant.........

I liked Milan, clearly you didn't, hardly nullifys what I have said.

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:20pm

This is all a bit mad to me. Lads went to Torun for weeks, liked it, loved it.  Good for them. Other lads went to Torun for a few days and thought it was alright. Good for them as well. Some lads didn't like Gdansk, mainly because it was raining (they must really hate Ireland). Fellas saying Poznan was a 'rip off' because they paid € 3 for a beer instead of € 2.20. But above all, it seems most are congratulating themselves on their choice of Polish destination. I would like to add my congratulations to everyone, including myself, for their excellent choices, which were better than everybody else's. 

Just one last thing, if I remember rightly, on one of the travel threads in the whatever section, Sono once claimed Milan was a class spot/not in fact a concrete sh*thole, which pretty much renders every single point he has made on this thread irrelevant.........

LOLLOLLOL Clap

I suppose it does sound daft when you think about it. True to form Deise I was in the middle of this irrelevent pint pricing Embarrassed

Newryrep View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Just can't get enough of lists

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Newryrep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:16pm

good choice of bar in the main square in Poznan Thumbs Up though their food service was a bit slow
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:16pm

I found a place in Poznan that did beers for €2.10 so up yoursClapParty
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:13pm

LOL, sanity speaks.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 10:03pm

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 9:18pm
Originally posted by sham157 sham157 wrote:

Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Long way to go for cheap beer and 'sound locals'
Don't get all this special bond with Polish folk either

You certainly made the most of the cheap beer anyway
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 5:24pm

Because they're pissheads like us. Can't believe the amount of straight vodka they can drink and they seemed to like our humour I thought (or maybe were laughing out of politeness) LOL

Tbh BSM it was the our first tournament in 10 years we qualified for. Alot of us weren't at the previous world cup. prices in general were cheap meaning it was more affordable for people to stay the two weeks maybe as opposed to the tournament being in a more expensive country. Alot of us were taken by surprise how easy the polish women were to pull (even for gingers like myself) as they usually have borfriends over here and i think a good few of us were surprised how friendly they were. I heard a few horror stories how they wouldn't like the irish due to their relations being treated bad by irish builders which was absolute bollix so all in all a good show all round. Torun is nice and probably gets too much praise. Galway has the same laid back atmosphere and is every bit as nice as Torun imo and equally good for women. It was the atmosphere Torun generated that made people like it away from the madness of gdansk and poznan

Edited by irishmufc - 12 Apr 2013 at 5:27pm
Sham157 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sham157 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 4:47pm

You certainly made the most of the cheap beer anyway
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 4:19pm
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2013 at 4:16pm

Anyone know these lads? We met them in Torun. Awful sound to talk to but this scummy looking ronny tash polish lad was going around saying how he was an artist and could do portraits charging 10 zloty. Sure the fcuker couldn't draw at all LOL. When the lads were getting theirs done the fcuker done a runner with their 10 zloty which is only about 2.50 anyway. The lads were half steamed and great laugh out of your man legging it. As if they were going to give chase over 2 quid. One of my mates got his done and the cheeky cxxt asked would he but him a beer while he was doing the portrait LOL. Obviously he was told he'd be waiting a long time
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 147>
  Share Topic