You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 199>
Author
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:40am

They declined extra tickets in 2002 knowing games in Korea were half empty and they'd be no problem.  Fans had the chance to buy tickets before the tournament subject to us going all the way.

For 2002 they sold tickets all the way to the final conditional on us getting there had the money and refunded it after the tournament.  I assume this will be the same again.  Downside is it is  a big hit to lose the money for a few months but only way to do it and avoids the queues of Italia90.   
If you get allocated 2 cat 1 tickets for the 3 group games and then decide to pay all the way to the final you'd be down over €2,000 for games we mightn't play. 
Sponsored Links

ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:47am
Having been to every competitive home game this campaign and 3 away games this campaign I would have an issue with ST/BB's getting preference on tickets for the group games.

I am not a ST holder (I will be starting with the next campaign). As I have said, I have done all home and 3 away games so I do feel I am deserving of my ticket for the group games and I don't think it's right to offer somebody else tickets before me just because they hold a ST.

Allocation should be based on away games this campaign IMO and look to implement the Loyalty Scheme from the next campaign onwards.

Edited by ShannonHibs10 - 25 Nov 2011 at 3:48am
BohsinMunich View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BohsinMunich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:48am

wrt
"Imagine the fai trying to distribute tickets for a potential quater final clash at euro 2012 can see the tickets being posted to Fermoy while I am in warsaw."

Maybe some of ye are too young to remember the queues in Genoa - 2 days - after the day long ferry from Palermo (morning departure after the Holland game) and then Rome and more queuing.

IMO tickets for games in Poland / Ukraine should be easier to get as the locals will most likely sell theirs.

regards
BinM
gspain View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gspain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:01am

Note one obvious point is that numbers travelling will be hugely different for Poland and Ukraine.  If we end up in Ukraine tickets won't be a problem except maybe v Russia and the hosts or just in Lviv only.  In Poland I reckon we could have more fans than some of the stadiums can hold. 

I couldn't see more than 5,000 fans travelling to Donetsk but up to 50,000 could be in Poznan. 
Undercover View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Undercover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:02am

For the Spain game in '02 you had to bring your 3 group stage tickets to the team hotel. After a long queue you were given the precious ticket. Of course, they weren't that clear as to which day you had to go down which meant 2/3 early morning starts just on the off-chance. That wasn't that popular as you can imagine with all the boozing done over the preceding nights.

Nobody really knows why we're here. We just are.
deise316 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Don't ask me about car warranty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deise316 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:07am

Ya, having done 6 away games and 4 homes, I would have no issue whatsoever with all those ST/BB holders getting tickets, especially those who haven't been at an away game in their lives, they are far more ' deserving' than the rest of us. In fact, I think their allocations should be doubled, just to make sure they get enough tickets. YBIG - promoters of one type of Ireland fan over another. Its an enlightened attitude alright, non ST/BB holders are OK to go to the likes of Armenia or Moscow, but can fcuk off when we get to a tournament, get back in line behind the superfans, the backbone of Irish football etc.

*And I just wish to point out that if this is the agenda Aido and Rolo bring to the FAI, I would like to remind them they are not speaking for me*

Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:09am
Ah come on GSP, 50000 irish fans ???

I agree with your point but I cannot see more than 10-15k Irish fans travelling to this at best. Even at this stage the cost will be mammoth, where will people get the money ?

Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:15am
Originally posted by ShannonHibs10 ShannonHibs10 wrote:

Having been to every competitive home game this campaign and 3 away games this campaign I would have an issue with ST/BB's getting preference on tickets for the group games.

I am not a ST holder (I will be starting with the next campaign). As I have said, I have done all home and 3 away games so I do feel I am deserving of my ticket for the group games and I don't think it's right to offer somebody else tickets before me just because they hold a ST.

Allocation should be based on away games this campaign IMO and look to implement the Loyalty Scheme from the next campaign onwards.

i understand what your saying, but should someone who has attended all the home friendlies, (which there have been 6 of in the last year,) not get extra credit as opposed to just the competitive games?  I would say over 90% of regular away game attendees are BB/ST holders. I think for a tournament equal weight should be given to home and away attendance. If you were at 6 home games and 3 away that’s nine points, but what about the guy (st holder) who was at 12 home games and 3 away games? Should he not nip in ahead of you ?

A system is never going to be perfect imo, as fans have differents sets of circumstances, but it needs to be as fair as possible imo.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Real life Fr Austin Purcell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:18am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Ya, having done 6 away games and 4 homes, I would have no issue whatsoever with all those ST/BB holders getting tickets, especially those who haven't been at an away game in their lives, they are far more ' deserving' than the rest of us. In fact, I think their allocations should be doubled, just to make sure they get enough tickets. YBIG - promoters of one type of Ireland fan over another. Its an enlightened attitude alright, non ST/BB holders are OK to go to the likes of Armenia or Moscow, but can fcuk off when we get to a tournament, get back in line behind the superfans, the backbone of Irish football etc.

*And I just wish to point out that if this is the agenda Aido and Rolo bring to the FAI, I would like to remind them they are not speaking for me*

You do quite an excellent job yourself, one that I could not possibly even hope to emulate Tongue

Edit:

What about giving out  tickets to smokers only Wink

Edited by AidoM - 25 Nov 2011 at 4:21am
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:21am
ive missed 5 home games, friendlys inc, since 1999
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:23am
Lads and Lassies

Calm down

Andorra 1 thread on the horizon Heart Hug
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:24am
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Lads and Lassies

Calm down

i can get the ball rolling if ye want AidoLOL
ShannonHibs10 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Can't resist used french letters

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShannonHibs10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:25am

You do quite an excellent job yourself, one that I could not possibly even hope to emulate Tongue

Just to add to my previous point, I have only missed the Uruguay and Croatia friendlies, did all the Carling cup.

But, I do agree that attendance of games should be the basis of allocation, not just being a ST holder.

Away attendance seemed to be the basis for allocation of away tickets this campaign so why change it when we qualified for a tournament.

The Loyalty scheme from the next campaign onwards will take home and away games into consideration so hopefully that sorts it out and ensures that all those regular fans get sorted.
WindBag View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Makes great Pancakes

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WindBag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:27am

Lads, any of ye got a photocopier so we print them off...

Bloody FLO's are useless, they haven't got the tickets sorted, allocated or delivered yet and the first game is so close...

AidoM View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AidoM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:27am
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Lads and Lassies

Calm down

i can get the ball rolling if ye want AidoLOL

No better man BSM Wink
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:31am

Just to add to my previous point, I have only missed the Uruguay and Croatia friendlies, did all the Carling cup.

But, I do agree that attendance of games should be the basis of allocation, not just being a ST holder.

Away attendance seemed to be the basis for allocation of away tickets this campaign so why change it when we qualified for a tournament.

The Loyalty scheme from the next campaign onwards will take home and away games into consideration so hopefully that sorts it out and ensures that all those regular fans get sorted.
not having a go at ye mate but ye missed 2 games but went to 3 CC games,i make that a 60% attendance(correct if im wrong) hardly Superfan material
kevincronin2000 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cork Airport Dogging Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevincronin2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:32am
I take it that the fai statement will be delivered at 17:29 and 59 seconds on a friday evening as usual
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.
Mr Marbles View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Marbles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:32am

Agree with Shannonhibs it should on the basis of away games attended in this campaign. Why change it now 

Edited by Mr Marbles - 25 Nov 2011 at 4:34am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 199>
  Share Topic