Print Page | Close Window

Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)

Printed From: You Boys in Green
Category: International
Forum Name: Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
Forum Description: Qatar n' all in anyways
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=34387
Printed Date: 25 Apr 2024 at 1:41pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)
Posted By: Borussia
Subject: Euro 2012 - FAI Tickets (Read Pg81 before posting)
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:12pm
So the FAI reckon they are going to announce ticket info tomorrow. Didnt see that coming. Let the madness begin.....

Replies:
Posted By: BabbsBalls
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:14pm
Do we defo get 10% of the allocation ??

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:15pm
I thought they'd wait until after the draw. I'd say I've travelled to 7 of our last 10 away games so I reckon I should be ok.

Posted By: rolo
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:16pm
Where'd u hear this?????? (its 8% by the way I think)

-------------
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by BabbsBalls BabbsBalls wrote:

Do we defo get 10% of the allocation ??<div id="myWatcherDiv" style="display:none;">

It's 8% as far as I know.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:17pm
Message on the FAI facebook page.

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:18pm
8% definitely. FAI announced it just there on twitter

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:18pm
It''ll most likely just clarify how they'll distribute them. Maybe something to do with a large proportion going to Abbey?? only reason I could think of why they are already announcing this before the draw.

Anyway, they say tomorrow. Add a couple of weeks onto that...

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:20pm
Lets wishfully hope there is some system in place. If some prick in a rugby jersey gets a ticket ahead of me ill lose the rag. 

Posted By: ringerbell
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:24pm
didnt expect an annoncement this earlier dont expect to get tickets off the fai anyway as havent been to any away games this campaigne so would sy will be buying my tickets over there

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:25pm

Lets wishfully hope there is some system in place. If some prick in a rugby jersey gets a ticket ahead of me ill lose the rag. 

+1

My facebook home page is full of these kinda ppl planning on going to the euros.

-------------

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:27pm
Could they tie it in with a 2012 / 2013 season ticket of some description, unlikely as it maybe

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: JuanNil
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:29pm
Do you seasoned campaigners realistically expect ST holders to be in with a shout?

-------------
Shes got a head like Liam Brady

Posted By: GreenTribe
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:30pm
they will distribute to their most loyal superfans then have a lotteryWink for the remainder.

-------------
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:33pm

Based on 8% ticket allocation …..

Venues                                                Allocation

Warsaw             – 58,145                                    4,651

Gdansk             – 43,615                                    3,489

Wrocklaw           - 42,771                                    3,421

Poznan               - 43,269                                    3,461

Lviv                    - 34,915                                    2,793

Kiev                    - 70,050                                    5,604

Kharkiv               - 38,633                                    3,090

Donetsk             -  52,518                                    4,201

I predict I riot. 

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:34pm
Surely their first step would be to clarify their percentage allocation and the invite applications, asking people to quote their season ticket or block booker number and then take it from there.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:35pm
Shirley , but the FAI never cease to amaze. 

Posted By: The GerK
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:38pm
It's a good point by Kerrzy. They may well plug Abbey in this

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:39pm
What do yis mean about Abbey travel lads ??

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:45pm

Wouldnt be surprised if the have a certain number of tickets ted into a contract. Abbey could sell up to 2,000 per game imho (not saying there'd be 2,000 interested in the 3 game package but if they were doing game by game there would definitely be high interest). And Im not saying they'll get near 2000 but Id imagine up to 1k at a guess.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:46pm

They may say something along the lines of: "We are entitled to 8 per cent of tickets, we will be trying to get more because there is a huge demand. We will have our official sponsors like Abbey Travel to look after as well as the diehard fans."

People may decide to go through Abbey instead of independently

Posted By: c90
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Could they tie it in with a 2012 / 2013 season ticket of some description, unlikely as it maybe
No, emailed the ticket office earlier in the week about '14 campaign block book / season tickets and they got back this morning to say they won't have any info until next year.

-------------
Maggie Thatcher, Winston Churchill, Lawrence Of Arabia, Elton John! Yiz can all go f**k yerselves

Posted By: erimus
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 12:51pm
FAO Anyone who got tickets from uefa

Do we have to pay for them now or is it after the draw?
Was just in site to see how much im due and it gives option to pay invoice

-------------
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016

Posted By: gspain
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:00pm

I think the 8% is gone but it is something like 448,000 tickets for the 31 games shared between the competing countries. 

Abbey will take whatever they can get and will be very attractive for those who wouldn't get tickets otherwise.  I'd expect to see lots of day trips as well particularly if in Ukraine. 

Other demands include, sponsors, council members, players families, clubs and leagues.

Vantage Club holders will no doubt get some too. 

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:15pm
There will be very few for fans outside where GS has outlined.
If we draw a host nation, it will certainly be squeaky bum time for that match but any others should not be too bad me thinks

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

There will be very few for fans outside where GS has outlined.
If we draw a host nation, it will certainly be squeaky bum time for that match but any others should not be too bad me thinks

Reality is though we won't get much more than our allocation from a lot of other countries too.

Holland, Germany, England and Russia will all sellout their complete allocation.  Sweden will probably do the same at least in Poland.  Croatia will also have decent support.  From a ticket point of view you want Spain, Italy and Portugal. 

Our opponents are often a good source of tickets too btw. 

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:40pm
Denmark will sell there's also

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by BigStrongMan BigStrongMan wrote:

Denmark will sell there's also

True but we can't draw them.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 1:57pm
Oh right wasn't sure that's what ye were doing
I get ye now!

-------------

Posted By: Citizen
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:24pm
i have utter faith in the FAI that this will be another fiasco. I would say abbey are getting 50% of the allocation.

-------------
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Posted By: Stretchryan
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:29pm
This should be fun alright - when was back in dublin for home leg against Estonia my brother brought my post from home and guess what was in it a ticket for the away leg - they had also sent me one to Luxembourg - have no faith in the ticket office at all....

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

i have utter faith in the FAI that this will be another fiasco. I will make a wild stab in the dark for dramatic efffect and say  that say abbey are getting 50% of the allocation.

edited for you

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: colmoc
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

i have utter faith in the FAI that this will be another fiasco. I will make a wild stab in the dark for dramatic efffect and say  that say abbey are getting 50% of the allocation.

edited for you

LOL

Posted By: WindBag
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:47pm
For once the FAI have sent a communication out early outlining thier plans... that has to be an improvement from before.

We will all be sorted for tkts...

Posted By: willmcc83
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:47pm

Bear in mind that 3, Aviva & Carlsberg etc will have to get sorted out of this too.

It'd say at least the other 50% will go through Abbey as it would prob be a logistical nightmare for the FAI to distribute these tickets given the system they have in place at the moment. Very disappointing from our point of view though.

-------------
Time To Get Behind Mick & The Team

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:52pm
no problem signing a 60 month contact with 3mobile or carlsberg for that matter, if they give me a ticket

-------------

Posted By: KrisMorrisKross
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 2:56pm
I met two lads on the plane to Tallinn on the Friday morning who had two tickets to the game. They told me that they had not applied for them. They had been posted to them and arrived on the Wednesday completely out of the blue. They did not have flights booked and considered putting the tickets on e-bay but at the last minute booked flights and decided to travel. They had been allocated two tickets for the game in Andorra. I was not in Andorra but we had a bit of a chat about what it was like. They said it was brilliant and even more so as it was their first ever away match. 

-------------
Back o' the Net !

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:12pm
So Abbey Travel have 50% and Greenforever Travel have 50%.......at least it's transparent

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by WindBag WindBag wrote:

For once the FAI have sent a communication out early outlining thier plans... that has to be an improvement from before.

An assumption based on ....??

Seen as we will be allocated on average 3,000 tickets for each game , half of which could go to travel companies & sponsors that doesnt leave much for the rest. The only saving grace in my opinion is the fact that a good portion of the tickets for each game go to the locals, many of which will be filtered down to the supporters of the teams on show... at what price though is the big question . Ill be confident enough of getting a ticket for myself (not confident of getting my usual 3) but I for one wont be too surprised getting let down again by the FAIs ticketing policy or lack of. . . and if Abbey travel get HALF of the tickets we are allocated it will be a case of bureaucracy gone mad.  If I can't get a ticket after travelling around Europe supporting the lads when it seemed only a handful of us gave a fook I will never hand over a single penny to the FAI again. . 

Posted By: Guf10
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:22pm

Seen as we will be allocated on average 3,000 tickets for each game , half of which could go to travel companies & sponsors that doesnt leave much for the rest. The only saving grace in my opinion is the fact that a good portion of the tickets for each game go to the locals, many of which will be filtered down to the supporters of the teams on show... at what price though is the big question . Ill be confident enough of getting a ticket for myself (not confident of getting my usual 3) but I for one wont be too surprised getting let down again by the FAIs ticketing policy or lack of. . . and if Abbey travel get HALF of the tickets we are allocated it will be a case of bureaucracy gone mad.  If I can't get a ticket after travelling around Europe supporting the lads when it seemed only a handful of us gave a fook I will never hand over a single penny to the FAI again. . 

Well said BabbsBallsClap

-------------
2 in a row, 2 in a row, 2 in a row

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:37pm

Its only half for the group games,I heard* it rises to 70 % if we get through to the knockouts, bad deal IMO

* heard = totally made up

-------------
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: AidoM
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:40pm
Lads and Lassies,

Fear not your FLO's are on top of this already Thumbs Up

Rolo and myself have a meeting arranged with the FAI on Monday. Don't know yet what format the meeting will take but we'll try to get as much info as possible from them about their intentions.

We'd also like to give them a sense of what people think. So if people wish to post any suggestion about how tickets could or should be allocated post them up and we'll look at them and bring them up with the FAI

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:43pm
Originally posted by AidoM AidoM wrote:

Lads and Lassies,

Rolo and myself have a meeting arranged with the FAI on Monday. Don't know yet what format the meeting will take but we'll try to get as much info as possible from them about their intentions.

We'd also like to give them a sense of what people think. So if people wish to post any suggestion about how tickets could or should be allocated post them up and we'll look at them and bring them up with the FAI

Show them the Estonia ticket threadLOL

-------------

Posted By: Sligo Hornet
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:49pm
Cheers Aido.....my suggestion ( well demand really) is that I get allocated my four tickets for all games.

Thanks for sorting it

-------------
Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:52pm

Lads and Lassies,

Everyone that applied for tickets for Barca and werent successful should get first refusal o tickets for the Eruros imho.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:54pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Everyone that applied for tickets for Barca and werent successful should get first refusal o tickets for the Eruros imho.

Your first sensible post in relation to tickets, Ky Wink

-------------
But what they do have and no-one can deny this now, they have the finest collection of boilers in the world! And I include Canada in that!

Posted By: Saint Tom
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by Newryrep Newryrep wrote:

* heard = totally made up

LOL

-------------
My destination inchicore my next stop being kilmainham
Where patriots and super saints are the topics of conversation

Posted By: Midlands
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:06pm

Lads and Lassies,

Great going getting the meeting AidoM, comes at a good time with some sort of announcement from them tomorrow. Improved communication is probably one of the things I'd love to see most. Ticket allocation processes and updates seem to run hand in hand with pre budget scaremongering. Loads of rumours each time and nothing confirmed by FAI. I totally appreciate due to matches happening close together such as playoffs, or the delay in cobnfirmation of Andorra venue, that this adds to hampering an already difficult situation. But instead of people having to email/call the already very busy ticket office, regular updates and information from the FAI would be very much appreciated.

Secondly blanket sending out tickets to clubs for matches where the club has neither requested them nor wanted them which I heard happened to at least one club for both the Andorra and Tallinn matches is an indicator that something drastically needs to be addressed in the allocation process. If the pool of tickets available directly to fans can be increased then it would go some way towards alleviating recurring nightmares for fans trying to get tickets.

Just my opinion on two areas (amongst others) that I'd love to see possibly addressed. A meeting taking place is without doubt a good step forward in giving the fans the opportunity to bring things to the table with the FAI. Regular meetings would be a great way to aid improved communication. Best of luck with it all!!

-------------
The Irishmans left foot is so cultured it could paint the Mona Lisa while enjoying a half time orange

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:52pm
In Aido and Rolo we trustClap

Bring it home or else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSYpDlkiVXE&feature=related - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSYpDlkiVXE&feature=related

Posted By: GreenTribe
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 4:57pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Cheers Aido.....my suggestion ( well demand really) is that I get allocated my four tickets for all games.

Thanks for sorting it

-------------
I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Posted By: gufct
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 5:02pm
keep JD away from the ticket allocation and no more stupid raffles in Bars.

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 5:25pm
Probably just some sort of list we'll be added too

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: o_faz
Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:01pm
All people want is a system that is open, transparent and clear to all how/when tickets are being distributed, and how many are available.

Of course there will be some that will moan 'this decision is a farce, I've been to 2 away games and bought my cat to one of those' once the decision has been taken on how to allocate, but simply there will never be a right way of distributing tickets. Someone will be unhappy they have missed out.

Kudos to you AidoM and rolo for taking time and effort out of what are undoubtedly busy lives to listen to us and hopefully convey some of our opinions to the FAI. I really hope that the FAI will listen and take the (constructive) criticism on board.

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:12pm
Sure we'll see wat happens on Monday. Keep the ideas/questions coming...

Hopefully tomorrow's announcement doesnt leave us all in a state of panic...

-------------

Date Posted: 24 Nov 2011 at 6:28pm

+1.

Nothing would surprise me at this stage tbh

-------------

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 1:08am
Aido, I'll have two tickets please !

As mentioned in my earlier post, I think the FAI should invite applications asking people to quote Season ticket number or Block booker number if they have them. That way they can establish demand and , in my opinion, should then allocate tickets to season tickets holders and block bookers based on games attended (both home and away) in this qualifying campaign.
Those who applied for Andorra but didn't get tickets should be credited with attending for this purpose also.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 1:25am
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

As mentioned in my earlier post, I think the FAI should invite applications asking people to quote Season ticket number or Block booker number if they have them. That way they can establish demand and , in my opinion, should then allocate tickets to season tickets holders and block bookers based on games attended (both home and away) in this qualifying campaign.
Those who applied for Andorra but didn't get tickets should be credited with attending for this purpose also.

theres a thread on this

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 1:30am

Aido, here is my tuppence worth.

People need to apply for tickets.

IMO order of priority should be

1)  ST/BBers who have been to 6 aways this campaign
2)  ST/BBers who have been to 5 aways this campaign
6) ST/BBers who hav ebeen to 1 away this campaign
7) ST/BBers

SC allocations are based on the above as well. 

At some stage you will have to have a ballot. 

Note ticket stubs are not proof of attendance - they will probably have to work off their own list.   

Posted By: JimmyG
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 1:37am

First of all I would like to thank the FLOs for the time and effort they put in on our behalf.  It can’t be easy especially as there are so many conflicting points of view and conflicting interests among the posters here.

Call me a cynic if you will but it seems strange to me that the FAI agreed a meeting with the FLOs for next Monday and then said they would make an announcement about ticket distribution today.  I hope their intention is not to frustrate any sensible suggestions from the FLOs by saying “oh sorry lads it’s a pity we didn’t hear that before we made our announcement on Friday”.

-------------
Football is all very well a good game for rough girls, but
not for delicate boys.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 2:21am
Holy shiit didn't see that coming

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 2:47am
Originally posted by JimmyG JimmyG wrote:

First of all I would like to thank the FLOs for the time and effort they put in on our behalf.  It can’t be easy especially as there are so many conflicting points of view and conflicting interests among the posters here.

Call me a cynic if you will but it seems strange to me that the FAI agreed a meeting with the FLOs for next Monday and then said they would make an announcement about ticket distribution today.  I hope their intention is not to frustrate any sensible suggestions from the FLOs by saying “oh sorry lads it’s a pity we didn’t hear that before we made our announcement on Friday”.

Jimmy I'd never do that Wink

We had raised the question of tickets for the Euros with the FAI almost immediately after the Estonia home game so that we could be given the opportunity to give the fans' input as to what should happen.

Monday's meeting and even today's statement will, in my opinion, be the start of information flow in relation to tickets and nothing will (or even can be) set in stone at this early stage particularly when you take into account that the draw hasn't even been made.

-------------

Posted By: captkeen
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Thanks for sorting it

LOLLOLLOL

-------------
Live Long and Prosper.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 2:57am
Originally posted by Newry<strong>Ticket</strong>rep NewryTicketrep wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

theres a thread on this
not for the Euro tickets theres not!!

I think that is a great idea Borussia. They should get the ball rolling now, not 3 weeks before the tournament which wil inevitably happen.

-------------

Posted By: Max Power
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 2:59am
There will be far more than 8% of us in every stadium we play in. Even if we get Poland there will be more than 8% of us in there. I'd be confident we'll all get sorted.

-------------
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:03am

I think that is a great idea Borussia. They should get the ball rolling now, not 3 weeks before the tournament which wil inevitably happen.

Great to see you haven't lost your optimism Cit LOL

Like your new name for Newryrep = Newry Ticket Rep Clap Big smile

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:12am
Originally posted by gspain gspain wrote:

7) ST/BBers

Note ticket stubs are not proof of attendance - they will probably have to work off their own list.   
seems fair to me.

What about non ST holders, they will take issue with this!

My own opinion is that if the FAI really want to push the 'Season ticket' as a product they have to add more benefit. By this i mean all ST/BBs should get preference imo. This is a tournament, not just an a few away games' so home game attendance should be taken into account, and the fact we played around 10 home games in the past year, some of which had only 12-15000 in attendance.

Also FLOs: Can you point out the clause they included with regard to season ticket holders given preference on away tickets, which they have conveniently forgotten about.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:14am

Great to see you haven't lost your optimism Cit LOL

Like your new name for Newryrep = Newry Ticket Rep Clap Big smile
they have alot of form for this in fairness Aido. In my experience it is better to expect the worst case secnario when it comes to the FAILOL

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:20am
Imagine the fai trying to distribute tickets for a potential quater final clash at euro 2012 can see the tickets being posted to Fermoy while I am in warsaw.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:24am

Imagine the fai trying to distribute tickets for a potential quater final clash at euro 2012 can see the tickets being posted to Fermoy while I am in warsaw.

This is an issue we will be bringing up with them Thumbs Up

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:27am

This is an issue we will be bringing up with them Thumbs Up
didnt they refuse to distrubute tickets for the Spainish game in 2002? didnt someone post that here?

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:38am

7) ST/BBers

seems fair to me.

My own opinion is that if the FAI really want to push the 'Season ticket' as a product they have to add more benefit. By this i mean all ST/BBs should get preference imo. This is a tournament, not just an a few away games' so home game attendance should be taken into account, and the fact we played around 10 home games in the past year, some of which had only 12-15000 in attendance.

Also FLOs: Can you point out the clause they included with regard to season ticket holders given preference on away tickets, which they have conveniently forgotten about.

Nonscence same principal should apply if you are 'deserving' for want of a better world for a glamourous/important away game the same rules in theory should apply in a tournament.

How many regularly travel to away games (at least 3 say ) and doesnt go to at least some home games ? nobody has answered this, as far as I can tell as the numbers are probably minimal.

ST sales certainly wont be hindered now that  we have qualified, I doubt it is a factor as you will still be trumped by ST/away regulars

-------------

Posted By: Babysis
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:38am

7) ST/BBers

seems fair to me.

Have to say that these two post would sum up for me how Id like to see the tickets distributed. Seems as fair as it can be for those who have done home and/or away.

Well said Gpspain and Citizen Clap

-------------
First Commander-Galway Regatta

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:40am

They declined extra tickets in 2002 knowing games in Korea were half empty and they'd be no problem.  Fans had the chance to buy tickets before the tournament subject to us going all the way.

For 2002 they sold tickets all the way to the final conditional on us getting there had the money and refunded it after the tournament.  I assume this will be the same again.  Downside is it is  a big hit to lose the money for a few months but only way to do it and avoids the queues of Italia90.   
If you get allocated 2 cat 1 tickets for the 3 group games and then decide to pay all the way to the final you'd be down over €2,000 for games we mightn't play. 

Posted By: ShannonHibs10
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:47am
Having been to every competitive home game this campaign and 3 away games this campaign I would have an issue with ST/BB's getting preference on tickets for the group games.

I am not a ST holder (I will be starting with the next campaign). As I have said, I have done all home and 3 away games so I do feel I am deserving of my ticket for the group games and I don't think it's right to offer somebody else tickets before me just because they hold a ST.

Allocation should be based on away games this campaign IMO and look to implement the Loyalty Scheme from the next campaign onwards.

Posted By: BohsinMunich
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 3:48am

wrt
"Imagine the fai trying to distribute tickets for a potential quater final clash at euro 2012 can see the tickets being posted to Fermoy while I am in warsaw."

Maybe some of ye are too young to remember the queues in Genoa - 2 days - after the day long ferry from Palermo (morning departure after the Holland game) and then Rome and more queuing.

IMO tickets for games in Poland / Ukraine should be easier to get as the locals will most likely sell theirs.

regards
BinM

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:01am

Note one obvious point is that numbers travelling will be hugely different for Poland and Ukraine.  If we end up in Ukraine tickets won't be a problem except maybe v Russia and the hosts or just in Lviv only.  In Poland I reckon we could have more fans than some of the stadiums can hold. 

I couldn't see more than 5,000 fans travelling to Donetsk but up to 50,000 could be in Poznan. 

Posted By: Undercover
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:02am

For the Spain game in '02 you had to bring your 3 group stage tickets to the team hotel. After a long queue you were given the precious ticket. Of course, they weren't that clear as to which day you had to go down which meant 2/3 early morning starts just on the off-chance. That wasn't that popular as you can imagine with all the boozing done over the preceding nights.

-------------
Nobody really knows why we're here. We just are.

Posted By: deise316
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:07am

Ya, having done 6 away games and 4 homes, I would have no issue whatsoever with all those ST/BB holders getting tickets, especially those who haven't been at an away game in their lives, they are far more ' deserving' than the rest of us. In fact, I think their allocations should be doubled, just to make sure they get enough tickets. YBIG - promoters of one type of Ireland fan over another. Its an enlightened attitude alright, non ST/BB holders are OK to go to the likes of Armenia or Moscow, but can fcuk off when we get to a tournament, get back in line behind the superfans, the backbone of Irish football etc.

*And I just wish to point out that if this is the agenda Aido and Rolo bring to the FAI, I would like to remind them they are not speaking for me*

-------------
Picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue.....

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:09am
Ah come on GSP, 50000 irish fans ???

I agree with your point but I cannot see more than 10-15k Irish fans travelling to this at best. Even at this stage the cost will be mammoth, where will people get the money ?

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:15am
Originally posted by ShannonHibs10 ShannonHibs10 wrote:

Having been to every competitive home game this campaign and 3 away games this campaign I would have an issue with ST/BB's getting preference on tickets for the group games.

I am not a ST holder (I will be starting with the next campaign). As I have said, I have done all home and 3 away games so I do feel I am deserving of my ticket for the group games and I don't think it's right to offer somebody else tickets before me just because they hold a ST.

Allocation should be based on away games this campaign IMO and look to implement the Loyalty Scheme from the next campaign onwards.

i understand what your saying, but should someone who has attended all the home friendlies, (which there have been 6 of in the last year,) not get extra credit as opposed to just the competitive games?  I would say over 90% of regular away game attendees are BB/ST holders. I think for a tournament equal weight should be given to home and away attendance. If you were at 6 home games and 3 away that’s nine points, but what about the guy (st holder) who was at 12 home games and 3 away games? Should he not nip in ahead of you ?

A system is never going to be perfect imo, as fans have differents sets of circumstances, but it needs to be as fair as possible imo.

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:18am
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Ya, having done 6 away games and 4 homes, I would have no issue whatsoever with all those ST/BB holders getting tickets, especially those who haven't been at an away game in their lives, they are far more ' deserving' than the rest of us. In fact, I think their allocations should be doubled, just to make sure they get enough tickets. YBIG - promoters of one type of Ireland fan over another. Its an enlightened attitude alright, non ST/BB holders are OK to go to the likes of Armenia or Moscow, but can fcuk off when we get to a tournament, get back in line behind the superfans, the backbone of Irish football etc.

*And I just wish to point out that if this is the agenda Aido and Rolo bring to the FAI, I would like to remind them they are not speaking for me*

You do quite an excellent job yourself, one that I could not possibly even hope to emulate Tongue

Edit:

What about giving out  tickets to smokers only Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:21am
ive missed 5 home games, friendlys inc, since 1999

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:23am
Lads and Lassies

Calm down

Andorra 1 thread on the horizon Heart Hug

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:24am

Lads and Lassies

Calm down

i can get the ball rolling if ye want AidoLOL

-------------

Posted By: ShannonHibs10
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:25am

You do quite an excellent job yourself, one that I could not possibly even hope to emulate Tongue

Just to add to my previous point, I have only missed the Uruguay and Croatia friendlies, did all the Carling cup.

But, I do agree that attendance of games should be the basis of allocation, not just being a ST holder.

Away attendance seemed to be the basis for allocation of away tickets this campaign so why change it when we qualified for a tournament.

The Loyalty scheme from the next campaign onwards will take home and away games into consideration so hopefully that sorts it out and ensures that all those regular fans get sorted.

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:27am

Lads, any of ye got a photocopier so we print them off...

Bloody FLO's are useless, they haven't got the tickets sorted, allocated or delivered yet and the first game is so close...

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:27am

Lads and Lassies

Calm down

i can get the ball rolling if ye want AidoLOL

No better man BSM Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:31am

Just to add to my previous point, I have only missed the Uruguay and Croatia friendlies, did all the Carling cup.

But, I do agree that attendance of games should be the basis of allocation, not just being a ST holder.

Away attendance seemed to be the basis for allocation of away tickets this campaign so why change it when we qualified for a tournament.

The Loyalty scheme from the next campaign onwards will take home and away games into consideration so hopefully that sorts it out and ensures that all those regular fans get sorted.
not having a go at ye mate but ye missed 2 games but went to 3 CC games,i make that a 60% attendance(correct if im wrong) hardly Superfan material

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:32am
I take it that the fai statement will be delivered at 17:29 and 59 seconds on a friday evening as usual

-------------

Posted By: Mr Marbles
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:32am

Agree with Shannonhibs it should on the basis of away games attended in this campaign. Why change it now 

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:33am

They declined extra tickets in 2002 knowing games in Korea were half empty and they'd be no problem.  Fans had the chance to buy tickets before the tournament subject to us going all the way.

For 2002 they sold tickets all the way to the final conditional on us getting there had the money and refunded it after the tournament.  I assume this will be the same again.  Downside is it is  a big hit to lose the money for a few months but only way to do it and avoids the queues of Italia90.   
If you get allocated 2 cat 1 tickets for the 3 group games and then decide to pay all the way to the final you'd be down over €2,000 for games we mightn't play. 

imo the FAI handled 2002 perfectly. our group planned to stay until last 16 no matter what and booked flights accordingly. on the FAI application form you stated how many tickets you wanted for each match until the final but you didnt have to take a ticket for any longer than you planned even if we kept progressing in the tournament. when we got to the last 16 you simply had to turn up at the team hotel and collect your ticket. worked perfectly.

those fans left in korea after the group games were joined by a few thousand more that came out for the second round and my memory is that the FAI did help such fans with tickets for spain match, in fact two of my friends who came out late got tickets organised by the FAI at the team hotel the day of the match.

i think the ticket office were a differant set-up back then though. far more reliable

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:34am

Bloody FLO's are useless, they haven't got the tickets sorted, allocated or delivered yet and the first game is so close...

Shocked

-------------

Posted By: Barna Bee
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:35am
Can see people getting hot around the collar already for these upcoming tickets

So last campaign requested tickets for 3 away games got none
Lost money on flight to Andorra and went to Estonia as i did manage to get tickets via other means

So this time ...even though I live in London this is what I am doing and getting to home games will be nigh on impossible ( 2small kids) this is what I will do to ensure for the future

(1) I will buy the season ticket /block booking thing and give away the tickets when not travelling to Dublin
(2) I will join and be active in the RISSC
(3) I will request and pay for all away tickets regardless of whther i am going or not ...including the likes of the faores and Khasakstan

I will ensure that Imy name and details are well know to the ticket office for evey match and try to acquire tickets whether using or not .

Do I feel bad about this ...unashamedly NO, will it be expensive ...you bet !do I care ...NO
If I have to buy my way in I will

-------------
"in di cup for Tottinghang!"

Posted By: Jbyrne
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:36am
attendance at home games should have some merit when deciding who gets allocated particularly given the pitiful crowds that have attended since the move to the new stadium. it cant be solely on away games. support for the team at home counts for something!

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:36am

I agree with your point but I cannot see more than 10-15k Irish fans travelling to this at best. Even at this stage the cost will be mammoth, where will people get the money ?

We had 30,000-40,000 in Paris as recently as 2004.  That was just a qualifier.

There were 20,000 fans at the RWC in New Zealand albeit 90% of them coming from Australia.

There is a huge expat community on the continent a train ride from Poznan.  Fans will fly in from all over the globe.  I know of people making plans from the Middle East and Australia who haven't been to a game for a few years. 

Poland is easily accessible and I'd be amazed if we had less than 30,000 there. 

England expect to have 100,000 fans if drawn in Poland.  We had more fans than them at Euro88 & Italia90 and probably in Japan (tough to call here with all the Japanese supporting Beckham).  I don't think we'll match their numbers this time but there will be fans coming from all over.

We'll never know if drawn in Ukraine but feel free to dig this up next July if we are drawn in a polish group. 

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:38am

LOL LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

We are sorted Thumbs Up......oooops we have it sorted Embarrassed

We have the photocopier.......... just looking for paper Ermm

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:39am
England are expected to bring the largest ever travelling support to a tournament if drawn in Poland
100 000 as gspain has said

-------------

Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:40am

We had 30,000-40,000 in Paris as recently as 2004.  That was just a qualifier.

There were 20,000 fans at the RWC in New Zealand albeit 90% of them coming from Australia.

There is a huge expat community on the continent a train ride from Poznan.  Fans will fly in from all over the globe.  I know of people making plans from the Middle East and Australia who haven't been to a game for a few years. 

Poland is easily accessible and I'd be amazed if we had less than 30,000 there. 

England expect to have 100,000 fans if drawn in Poland.  We had more fans than them at Euro88 & Italia90 and probably in Japan (tough to call here with all the Japanese supporting Beckham).  I don't think we'll match their numbers this time but there will be fans coming from all over.

We'll never know if drawn in Ukraine but feel free to dig this up next July if we are drawn in a polish group. 
i agree with windbag........we only had 2000 in estonia nad about 7000 in paris for the last playoff.Doubt we broke the 3000 makr over the whole qualifiers for away games...maybe 20,000 at some games but no more imo.

-------------

Posted By: Mr Marbles
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:41am
Have the FAI sent out a statement yet or will it be out later today

Posted By: PhilliyK
Date Posted: 25 Nov 2011 at 4:43am

ive missed 5 home games, friendlys inc, since 1999

Ahh FFS BSM, you do realise by missing 5 you are one unlucky gouy Had you only missed 4 you'd be entitled to a free Fai endorsed bun
missed 3 a free Fai endorsed medal
missed 2 JD would personally hand deliver one of his special edition Irelands greatest fan ties, a medal, bun and cuddly toy
missed 1 JD would permit you to sit beside the great man for 10 mins prior to kick off before having Joe McGlue throw you back in with the rest of us, free tie, medal, bun and cuddly toy(one of them wee leprachuan's for you rear view mirror)
missed none and at h/t in our last home game before the euro's JD will invite ya to his own personal box and bestow the title of 'Ireland superfan' on ya plus give ya all the other stuff.

Such a shame you've missed 5

nb if anyone feels they qualify for a prize PM Count for further details

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net