You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Away days + World Cup 2022 Accommodation and Travel
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Faroe Islands Away - Torshavn - October 16th, 2012
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Faroe Islands Away - Torshavn - October 16th, 2012

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 70>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 11:18pm
I'm guessing when all is totted up it will run about 400 also
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
Sponsored Links

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

I see abbey now saying we get in at 2am, might be a bit late for coppersCry

Not at all. Just order doubles on arrival Thumbs Up

67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by deise316 deise316 wrote:

Originally posted by daboi89 daboi89 wrote:

Airport Embarkation Tax
No airport tax is levied on passengers upon embarkation at the airport.

Tax on Passengers Leaving the Faroe Islands is €16

Nicely researched Daboi, now, how about Dublin airport ?? Methinks that is where the, ahem, extra charges might kick in......

Ill give you them so . Do you want to embark the aircraft using an airbridge or walk out and up the steps. Be careful there is a fiver in the difference
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 11:41pm
Did the Ryanair day trip to Estonia last year. It was carnage - half way through the flight some fella got up on the intercom singing Stand Up for The Boys in Green and the whole plane stood up and joined in!
familyguy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote familyguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 11:52pm
if an individual wanted to purchase a bottle of whiskey in duty free in dublin airport and proceed to consume it on the outward flight would the cabin crew object?????of course ive no intention of doing this my question is purely for research purposes!!!!!!!!!!!!!
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 11:55pm
Once your not caught, bit like having a peddle
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by familyguy familyguy wrote:

if an individual wanted to purchase a bottle of whiskey in duty free in dublin airport and proceed to consume it on the outward flight would the cabin crew object?????of course ive no intention of doing this my question is purely for research purposes!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya reminded me of something.

Must ask a mate of mine who works in one of the shops.. Might Stock Up on the duty free in Dublin and leave it in the Airport for collection . If we cant check in bags . Thats not alot of duty free. Plus i doubt itll be open in Vagar airport on the way home   
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 11:58pm
Be easy enough to hide I'd say.
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 12:00am
Will be a tray of cans in dublin onto plane for me
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 12:02am
tis illegal to drink your own drink on the flight but ive done it many a time and never been caught but they'll be in the look out here id say, going to budapest i bought a few 100ml empty plastic bottles, filled em with whiskey, brought em through customs and stuck them in a bottle of coke i bought in boots and drank away on the flight then
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 12:09am
will be ok going out id imagine? Abbey used Viking airlines before the the france game in 2009.. Had cans on that flight maybe the reason why they are now bankrupt

As for Bringing home duty free liquids.? I doubt it bar you transfer 3 bottles of vodka into 30 100ml bottles!
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 12:52am
Okay..... first of all, if there is duty free in Vagar airport, it won't be an issue. It will be after security and you will be able to bring it on the plane.

Secondly.... we will be the only flight arriving at that hour. Unfortunately, that means we will all have to go through the green channel and not the blue one (we may well be stopped from going through the blue one). That obviously increases the risk of being stopped (I'd say the risk of being stopped will be higher than usual at that hour).

Thirdly..... on the way out of Dublin, take three people, buy three 500ml bottles of coke / other fizzy drink, drink /get rid of half of them each, split the cost of one bottle of whiskey / vodka / rum from duty free, do the requisite top up in the jacks, and bob's your pre-op transsexual aunty. Although one suspects the person doing the topping up will get a fair dash more than the rest!
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 1:05am
Can't wait for this one
daboi89 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daboi89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 2:14am
I'd imagine it will be closed at 12am tho. We shall see
Ludwig von Drake View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ludwig von Drake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Okay..... first of all, if there is duty free in Vagar airport, it won't be an issue. It will be after security and you will be able to bring it on the plane.

Secondly.... we will be the only flight arriving at that hour. Unfortunately, that means we will all have to go through the green channel and not the blue one (we may well be stopped from going through the blue one). That obviously increases the risk of being stopped (I'd say the risk of being stopped will be higher than usual at that hour).

Thirdly..... on the way out of Dublin, take three people, buy three 500ml bottles of coke / other fizzy drink, drink /get rid of half of them each, split the cost of one bottle of whiskey / vodka / rum from duty free, do the requisite top up in the jacks, and bob's your pre-op transsexual aunty. Although one suspects the person doing the topping up will get a fair dash more than the rest!
Vagar airport is tiny. Can't remember if there was any duty free last time but pretty sure it will be closed for a late night flight. Really looking forward to this one.
Only Little View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Only Little Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 4:47pm
I am thinking about doing a DIY trip to this for a couple of days but the hotel prices in Torshavn are crazy expensive. Anyone have any info on cheaper accommodation options?
fulhamfan View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fulhamfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 7:28pm
I recon we should be ok. When we went over with Fulham the other year, a couple of mates ended up kipping in the airport, and they said that the Bar there stayed open until the last flight went and beyond, and the chap offered to
stay open for the 3 of them and whoever else was there, they needed up buying a few bottles off the bar and had them during the night... The place (airport and country) is so unoccupied and mainly unvisited that if they know there a bunch flying late, they'll keep the (one) shop open for us, Duty Free will probably be shut though, that place was shut both times we went through the Airport.
brendy_éire View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brendy_éire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 9:27pm
Originally posted by Only Little Only Little wrote:

I am thinking about doing a DIY trip to this for a couple of days but the hotel prices in Torshavn are crazy expensive. Anyone have any info on cheaper accommodation options?

There's 2 of us in the hostel part of Hotel Føroyar.  It's cheap(ish), by Faroese standards.
Cheaper again if there's more than 2 in the room (700DKK per 4-bed room per night, roughly €94).  PM if interested.
City Till I Die
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4546474849 70>
  Share Topic