You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'Tonights Goinn to be a good night' Tuesday ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
Poll Question: Should we play this at the final whistle on Tuesday?
Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
25 [30.12%]
58 [69.88%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2011 at 6:04pm
Jaysus lads move on
Were going to the Euros,leave the past behind
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Sponsored Links

dingoxh View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingoxh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 1:16am
Hi Lads,

First time posting here but have been going to games for a while now and have few Qs and thoughts about the whole PA/songs thing.

Does anyone know why in the name of god do they play "Go West" by the Pet Shop Boys just before kick off?  It does nothing for me or for what I can see any of the other supporters around me. 

Also, against Armenia, they decided to play "put em under pressure" as the backround to a montage on the big screen just before kick off but then changed the music just as the crowd was getting into it.

Then after the game, they played "put em under pressure" just as everyone was going out of stadium and players were down the tunnel. 

What in the hell is going trough mthe minds of the people that decide this musical "strategy"?  They coud really get the crowd fired up if they were a bit more savvy with their musical choices. 
Del-Piero View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Del-Piero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 4:13am
I wasn't in Paris, and can't remember when they played it after that game. Those moments I've happily wiped from my memory

But for the love of jesus, the song is horrific! we have plenty of more suitable ones to play other than crap
TBWRA View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TBWRA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 4:35am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

In 1987, it was Gary McKay for Scotland away to Bulgaria who qualified us for Euro88.

John Aldridge stepped up in Malta in 1989 to sent us to Italia 90.

A certain Alan McLaughlin silenced the bigots in Belfast 1993 to see qualification for USA'94

In 2001 a 2-0 win at home over Iran menat their one goal late in the second leg meant nothing and off we went to Japan Korea in 2002.

We've never qualified for a major championship on home ground and if it's "Tonight's gonna be a good time",  "Fiesta", " Put em under pressure" or whatever song is blasted out once we qualify I couldn't give a rats arse.  If I've a tear in my eye at 21:40 I couldn;t give a rats arse either.

The point is when we qualify it will be on our own turf and let's just celebrate and enjoy the moment.

Just saying............

ClapClapClap
"The Football Grounds of Europe" about Dalymount that :- "You walk down lanes you'd expect to find a backstreet mechanic only to stumble onto a national stadium steeped in tradition and history"
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:17am
Originally posted by soccerc soccerc wrote:

In 1987, it was Gary McKay for Scotland away to Bulgaria who qualified us for Euro88.

John Aldridge stepped up in Malta in 1989 to sent us to Italia 90.

A certain Alan McLaughlin silenced the bigots in Belfast 1993 to see qualification for USA'94

In 2001 a 2-0 win at home over Iran menat their one goal late in the second leg meant nothing and off we went to Japan Korea in 2002.

We've never qualified for a major championship on home ground and if it's "Tonight's gonna be a good time",  "Fiesta", " Put em under pressure" or whatever song is blasted out once we qualify I couldn't give a rats arse.  If I've a tear in my eye at 21:40 I couldn;t give a rats arse either.

The point is when we qualify it will be on our own turf and let's just celebrate and enjoy the moment.

Just saying............

Gospel JB , the could play God save the Queen and it wouldn stop the party  Big smile

domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:35am
[QUOTE=dingoxh]Hi Lads,

First time posting here but have been going to games for a while now and have few Qs and thoughts about the whole PA/songs thing.

Does anyone know why in the name of god do they play "Go West" by the Pet Shop Boys just before kick off?  It does nothing for me or for what I can see any of the other supporters around me. 

Also, against Armenia, they decided to play "put em under pressure" as the backround to a montage on the big screen just before kick off but then changed the music just as the crowd was getting into it.

Then after the game, they played "put em under pressure" just as everyone was going out of stadium and players were down the tunnel. 

What in the hell is going trough mthe minds of the people that decide this musical "strategy"?  They coud really get the crowd fired up if they were a bit more savvy with their musical choices. 
Well saidClapClapClap

Wellcome to the ForumHug
Shake and Bake
MintBerryCrunch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintBerryCrunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:37am
Go west is standup for the boys in green
domo View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote domo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:38am
On the one road would be a good song at full time.
Shake and Bake
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:50am
Its not been played lads
EkimehtZim View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EkimehtZim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 5:54am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Its not been played lads
Is Put Em Under Pressure going to be played Count Dracula?
The Boy Z View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Boy Z Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:06am
Originally posted by The Count The Count wrote:

Its not been played lads

Thank f**k for that Clap
Theres only one sport that matters..
walsheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walsheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:11am
as long as put em under pressure is played ill be a happy happy man
Going To The Euro's,Poland and Ukraine 2012 HO HO!!!!

twitter.......@walsheman

dingoxh View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingoxh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:14am
Originally posted by MintBerryCrunch MintBerryCrunch wrote:

Go west is standup for the boys in green

ok, but I didn't link the two together and I don't think a lot of the suporters are either.  They also play it after a goal is scored and I feel the crowd are just not buying it..... Time for a change me thinks on this one....

what about a fans selection for songs pre-match and half-time?  I think it is done in the premiership and works well so no reason why it shouldnt work for us.   The PA/music scene needs to be rethinked.....
dingoxh View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingoxh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:16am
Originally posted by domo domo wrote:

[QUOTE=dingoxh]Hi Lads,
 Well saidClapClapClap

Wellcome to the ForumHug

Thanks for the welcome Domo!
Jicked View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jicked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:33am
Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

I just can't wait for tannoy man to squak all over the end, probably as we're attacking - "there are 3 minutes of added time" or some sort of rubbish. 

Ive no idea how that guy keeps his job. The amount of times he f**ks something up completely is huge, apart from the hugely irritating way in which he speaks. He's an absolute laughing stock, and extremely irritating. Leinster had the sense to get rid of him for their games.
Jicked View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jicked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 7:35am
As for the songs, I'd love for On the One Road, Put Em Under Pressure etc to be played before the game, but nothing, including Fiesta, to be played when we score. The atmo will be electric at those times, and at full time (hopefully!) and wont need to be drowned out or sanitised by the booming PA system.
tetsujin1979 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tetsujin1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Jicked Jicked wrote:

I just can't wait for tannoy man to squak all over the end, probably as we're attacking - "there are 3 minutes of added time" or some sort of rubbish. 

Ive no idea how that guy keeps his job. The amount of times he f**ks something up completely is huge, apart from the hugely irritating way in which he speaks. He's an absolute laughing stock, and extremely irritating. Leinster had the sense to get rid of him for their games.
And the lad they replaced him with is an even bigger tool, more than one Leinster fan apologised to me about his behaviour at the Leinster - Munster game and theu consider him an absolute embarrassment
dingoxh View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dingoxh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2011 at 3:59pm

Is this the man we are all talking about?  http://declanking.com/index.htm

I notice his stadium link isn't working LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>
  Share Topic