You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 466467468469470>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

Why’s there such a focus on a grand slam?

Ireland have the 6 nations won

It’s like winning the Euros but being all disappointed as you lost a match against a neighboring country along the way  

Winning the Six Nations is not like winning the Euros LOL

It was just an example 
Always found it strange that if you win the tournament but don’t win every game to do so you aren’t really that happy 

In what other sport would this strange scenario occur. 
It’s daft

And that’s before you even get into the triple crown

Yea true. Sure isn't there a cup for every match?

Just a rugby thing. You are right, Ireland will win Six Nations but still won't be happy 

Edited by The GerK - 09 Mar 2024 at 9:55pm
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 9:53pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

It’s like winning the Euros but being all disappointed as you lost a match against a neighboring country along the way  

Winning the Six Nations is not like winning the Euros LOL
The carling nations cup would be a better comparison.
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 10:09pm

Let me guess Ireland would need 4 player's sent off to beat Scotland?
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2024 at 10:27pm
Disappointing today we just didn't play well. Too many errors that we normally don't make. Few things went against us. I dont like this 6/2 split on the bench the last few games. Nash goes off and Frawley comes on. Frawley then goes of after a HIA. Gibson Park then ends up on the wing. O'Mahony gets binned for 10 minutes also. We need to have more backs on the bench to cover these eventualities.

And as bad as we played we still could have hung on. Thats a positive. England played pretty well. Attacked well. Cant see us slipping up next week against Scotland. This defeat will give us added motivation.
I love beer gardens
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 2:19pm
I wouldn't be the biggest rugby fan. Scratch that, I hate it. But even I draw the line when it comes to playing England.

It was hilarious seeing the likes of Heaslip humbled though.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Godzilla Godzilla wrote:

I wouldn't be the biggest rugby fan. Scratch that, I hate it. But even I draw the line when it comes to playing England.

From his very recently edited wikipedia page: 

Having waited the requisite time after his career had ended, he switched allegiances to England and became a cut price Clive Woodward. Making arrogant, attention grabbing claims about the incumbent Irish team. Claims he wouldn’t have made while he played. Some called it getting carried away, others called it loosing the run of himself.

LOLLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Godzilla View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Godzilla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Having waited the requisite time after his career had ended, he switched allegiances to England and became a cut price Clive Woodward. Making arrogant, attention grabbing claims about the incumbent Irish team. Claims he wouldn’t have made while he played. Some called it getting carried away, others called it loosing the run of himself.

LOLLOL

Ouch. LOL
notpropaganda73 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notpropaganda73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 3:21pm
Really disappointing performance all things considered, England were always going to be up for it and have given this team plenty of trouble the last few years even though they've been poor overall by their own standards. 

Even if we had snuck it I've a feeling we would have lost to the Scots by how we've been playing so far, just not quite at it. But now I expect a pretty big reaction against Scotland, god love them.

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2024 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

LOLLOL
I knew heaslip was a clown when he spent thousands advertising his Facebook page to gain relevance. Despite being a top player he wasn't gaining anywhere near the following of the more likely players like ROG and BOD. Paid his way to relevance then unfortunately the media fell for it and gave him a platform..
cliffrichard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cliffrichard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 6:47pm
2-in-a-row European Champions for our gallant rugby boys.  What a team 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 6:50pm
Next world cup in the bag goys.
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

Next world cup in the bag goys.

f**k the begrudgers
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 9:21pm
People can laugh at the achievement, but people on here are working about whether Sam Szmodics will play for us over Hungary.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 9:26pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

People can laugh at the achievement, but people on here are working about whether Sam Szmodics will play for us over Hungary.

Just shows you the interest there is in rugby in some quarters 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 10:05pm

It was pretty active last week when they lost.
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 10:29pm

It was pretty active last week when they lost.
Just imagine how active it (this forum) would have been if it existed in the 1990s...LOL

Edited by ConorMac77 - 16 Mar 2024 at 10:30pm
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 10:33pm
Rugby was better in the 90s, when Ireland were sh*t and you used to see a mound of sand to kick penalties and conversions off 
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 2024 at 10:42pm

Rugby was better in the 90s, when Ireland were sh*t and you used to see a mound of sand to kick penalties and conversions off 

Why was Ireland being poor better?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 466467468469470>
  Share Topic