You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 375376377378379 470>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 3:50am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Great win... Cue the "Sure it's only a friendly" brigade 

That can't really be argued against when the team consistently fails to perform on the stage which matters.

Great performance though. That NZ defence was unreal at times.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 8:41am
Was a very enjoyable match, Ireland we’re excellent but it literally was a friendly, I don’t get why people take offence to that 
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:21am
Lap of honour for a friendly.....

Christ on a bike
"He f**ked me over and my attitude is an eye for an eye."
Roy Keane
Talking about Alf Inge Haaland tackle
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:27am
Not a friendly. It’s a test match. Friendly matches are a concept in football.l, not rugby.

Edited by Het-field - 14 Nov 2021 at 10:28am
Martiponti View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Martiponti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:36am
Good win, but just haven't the ability to do it when it matters, like in a RWC
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:40am
Test matches matter. That’s the culture in rugby and has been for years. 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 10:42am
nothing friendly about the repeated late tackles on Sexton. All blacks exposed as cowards they repeatedly become when things don’t go their way.

Great result for the team and caching staff.

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 11:44am
Great result. Moving in the right direction again. 

If the world Cup was played during the November series timeframe we would surely be world champions as we seem to always do great at this time...but then can't repeat as well in 6 nations or world cup.
Obviously it's end of season for the southern nations so way the playing field is a bit more levelled that we have a better chance to beat them
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 12:01pm
It was an excellent win. We completely dominated the All Blacks for most of the game. I cant remember seeing them outplayed like that in many games. Ever. They are lethal though and the tries they scored showed if they get half a chance they will score. Can we beat them at a WC? Thats the question. We have to keep improving and have a go if we end up meeting. But we have well and truely banished the fear of beating the All Blacks now with our 3rd victory in recent times.
I love beer gardens
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2022 at 7:26pm
Decent enough effort from the guys tonight but just not good enough. Penalty count the big difference. But that said, we do look like we are in an ok position overall in terms of trying to win the 6 nations this year and even looking further down the road towards the world Cup.

Missed sexton big time. Probably the difference 
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 2:00pm
The usual 6 nations format shake up making the news again, this time talk of South Africa coming in as the 7th team or at the expense of Italy.

They've of course come out and said it's nonsense.

I've said on here many times if they were to change the 6 Nations format why not link it to the Tier 2 competition and bring in a promotion/ relegation.

Of course due to TV rights and sponsorship this won't happen, but let's say increase the Top tier to 8 teams

2 groups of 4. Top 2 in each group play go to the Semi finals

Bottom Team in each group either A both get relegated or play each other in a playoff to see who is relegated

Basically I rather see the likes of Georgia or Romania involved in the discussion for change rather then South Africa or Argentina

Edited by lassassinblanc - 18 Feb 2022 at 2:02pm
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 3:45pm

The usual 6 nations format shake up making the news again, this time talk of South Africa coming in as the 7th team or at the expense of Italy.

I've said on here many times if they were to change the 6 Nations format why not link it to the Tier 2 competition and bring in a promotion/ relegation.

Of course due to TV rights and sponsorship this won't happen, but let's say increase the Top tier to 8 teams

Bottom Team in each group either A both get relegated or play each other in a playoff to see who is relegated

Basically I rather see the likes of Georgia or Romania involved in the discussion for change rather then South Africa or Argentina
You've answered your own question there, all about money.

Same reason NFL will never do promotion/relegation, anyone who's in the league now isn't going to give up the cash cow.

I know as football fans we love the idea of promotions/relegations, but for people watching rugby, you don't want another 3 weekends of 6 nations just so you get to see us play Georgia or Romania. The European Cup is great standard, I wouldn't be in favour of losing some of those weekends to more #teamofus
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 3:54pm
I’ve come to the conclusion the argument is to expand rather than introduce relegation. Relegation won’t be agreed to. Expansion shouldn’t be a major problem.
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 4:17pm
Massive blow that Kelleher is out for the rest of the tournament. 
But Sheehan is a very good replacement as well, but Kelleher is really heading for the top so shame he now missed out the rest of campaign. 
Dalymount79 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dalymount79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 4:26pm
Thought it was Japan who were going to get involved in an expanded competition - 2 groups of 4 keeping the 4 triple crown teams to 2 per group so they can play an extra 2 games so they tradition (cough €€) is retained.
jamo1 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamo1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Same reason NFL will never do promotion/relegation, anyone who's in the league now isn't going to give up the cash cow.

I know as football fans we love the idea of promotions/relegations, but for people watching rugby, you don't want another 3 weekends of 6 nations just so you get to see us play Georgia or Romania. The European Cup is great standard, I wouldn't be in favour of losing some of those weekends to more #teamofus
Something has to be done with Italy, they have lost 34 games in a row in the tournament, many people don't bother watching them anymore which isn't good for sponsorships and the game in the country itself. If they had a promotion/relegation playoff i would actually tune in for the game and many others too.
Del Boy: You do know what a pyscopath is dont you Grandad

Grandad: Of course i know what a Pyscopath is, its a fella who dresses up in womens clothes.

BigStrongMan View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Just Modding Like

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigStrongMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 2022 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Massive blow that Kelleher is out for the rest of the tournament. 
But Sheehan is a very good replacement as well, but Kelleher is really heading for the top so shame he now missed out the rest of campaign. 
Tallaght Rugby AndyClap
PM me for all forum moderation queries.
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb 2022 at 8:45am
Originally posted by jamo1 jamo1 wrote:

Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Something has to be done with Italy, they have lost 34 games in a row in the tournament, many people don't bother watching them anymore which isn't good for sponsorships and the game in the country itself. If they had a promotion/relegation playoff i would actually tune in for the game and many others too.
yeah Italy is a problem. We’ve slosd of tickets through work and having trouble offloading them for the game next week.

Also, any ideas of Georgia/Romania etc getting in, organisers be worried they become another Italy 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 375376377378379 470>
  Share Topic