You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 332333334335336 470>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:11am
He's a good coach so the step up will be interesting.

Certainly a big part of recent success
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:23am
Just reading that Schmidt will retire from coaching all together. The New Zealand press are going ape sh*t LOL As they thought they'd be able to get him
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:32am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Just reading that Schmidt will retire from coaching all together. The New Zealand press are going ape sh*t LOL As they thought they'd be able to get him

LOL
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:35am
Exit, Schmexit. 

Farrival. 
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:37am
Yeah, I'd imagine they were fairly confident of being able to replace Hansen (if he decides to move on) with Schmidt after RWC19 - now they will likely end up having to replace him with his No. 2 Ian Foster. Massive, massive step down from the likes of Schmidt.
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:43am
both farrell and foster have been in their respective setups for the last few seasons, and have seen how schmidt and hansen operate. if the rest of the backroom staff stays the same, which i would expect it to, then shouldn't be too much of a change. as schmidt says himself, "small clog in the big wheel". obviously losing a coach of his calibre will be felt, but the structure in place won't be impacted.

reckon you might see lancaster come into the setup
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:44am
He is retiring? He will only be 54, surely New Zealand will be able to tempt to him still. He might be making himself seem more unattainable to up the salary.
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:51am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

He is retiring? He will only be 54, surely New Zealand will be able to tempt to him still. He might be making himself seem more unattainable to up the salary.

Depends if he moves back to NZ. He has Irish citizenship so he's under no pressure to move back straight away 
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
LO SCIENZIATO View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Fucknut Of The Year

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LO SCIENZIATO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:52am
when they fail at the next World Cup AGAIN they will blame auld Joe's early decision to retire as a determining factor LOL
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:59am
he'll be moving back to NZ. probably will take a couple of years out to spend more time with the family. his youngest son suffers from epilepsy. then i'd say once he returns, he'll take over one of the Super Rugby franchises for a year or two, then move up to ABs
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 12:16pm
I don't mean to be Smart and I don't know enough about the game to give a clear Assessment so Maybe someone with a Rugby Background can enlighten me. As far as I know Ireland have Three Six Nations under Schmidt they have not progressed in the World Cup being honest? Is the Two Test Wins over New Zealand or whatever you wanna call them his legacy. 

Edited by irelandfan - 26 Nov 2018 at 12:21pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 12:24pm
He has won three Six Nations in five years! That is his legacy.

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 12:31pm
Ronan O'Gara has been appointed head coach of the Ireland team, to start after the 2031 World Cup. 
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 3:53pm
I was chatting a pal of mine this morning about the soccer etc. He was telling me that when he coaches the under 9s at his local rugby club, there is a guide on it that Schmidt and his team have passed on through all the clubs and age groups. 

I could only admire and wish something similar could happen with the football. Which means that the Clontarf rugby girls under 9s are more coached than the Irish senior national team were in 2018. Tragic 

Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 4:41pm
Ruud Doktor does the same.

When he makes changes, these changes need to be implemented in the leagues.

For example, the ball has to be played out from the keeper to the full backs.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 4:48pm
hon the doktor :) bringing sexhy momentsh back to irish football slowly but surely.

looking forward to kenny getting his hands on parrott, idah, oconnor etc. 

Honestly hope Mick goes back to basics. I am fine with an attacking direct 4-4-2 or 4-3-3

Anything will improve on a super defensive 5-4-1 with the striker operating 50 yards in front of the defense and central midfield.

as for Joe S, he has been absolutely superb. Really hope we do get to the semis and see him off properly. have a horrible feeling the expectation and hype will go into overdrive and we will lose out to a resurgent South Africa in the quarters.

Edited by d13dave - 26 Nov 2018 at 4:52pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 4:55pm
Mick said it will be a midfield five.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 4:58pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Ruud Doktor does the same.

When he makes changes, these changes need to be implemented in the leagues.

For example, the ball has to be played out from the keeper to the full backs.
If only that was actually happening, far from unfortunately 
Some people just deserve a slap
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 332333334335336 470>
  Share Topic