You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 470>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 6:36pm
Ryle Nugent doing commentary on Channel 4
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:04pm
Do they give out medals for this game. They gave out medals for the England and New Zealand game earlier. 

Edited by irelandfan - 10 Nov 2018 at 7:04pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Do they give out medals for this game. They gave out medals for the England and New Zealand game earlier. 

You serious?LOL

Its like one of those kids sports days.  ''Everyone's a winner!''

What are Eire playing for tonight?  The Arthur Guinness Memorial Cup?
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:26pm
I really do love the total animosity to Rugby on here.

I know it's a football forum but you don't see anyone on giving out about other sports.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:38pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

I know it's a football forum but you don't see anyone on giving out about other sports.

Except the GAA and numerous other sports.

Edited by Green Devil - 10 Nov 2018 at 7:39pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
GB 1HughJarse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GB 1HughJarse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:39pm

1). The Rugby Thread is in the “Whatever” part of YBIG forum.
2). GAA, Football, Cycling, MMA, Funny Sex Stories (it’s a kind of sport), Athletics, Boxing etc threads have plenty of critics/naysayers about all aspects of their sports.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:41pm
Lineout not functioning Wink
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

LR looks great from the helicopter, why don’t they do that for the football?
Someone get on to JD.
Yeah it was a lovely shot, should definitely get that out more often
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:53pm

I'd give the GAA plenty of welly as well.   I just can't stand the bullsh*t around rugby.  Take tonight and particularly next week for example.  Hyped up by corporate sponsors as if this is some vital match tonight.  It's a poxy meaningless game in the middle of winter at home.  Then when we win such a game it's pat ourselves on the back time and tell ourselves smugly how great we are in a very small pool of teams worldwide based off a meaningless friendly.   Yet when the actual important games come along The EIRE get beaten time and again and can't get past the last 8 of a world cup in their whole history.  Shambolic record.   It's only become popular because people like to follow a team that wins even if it is the never tedious 6 Nations or vitally important Autumn Internationals .  The actual merit of the win is irrelevant. Paddy needs to celebrate a win.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I'd give the GAA plenty of welly as well.   I just can't stand the bullsh*t around rugby.  Take tonight and particularly next week for example.  Hyped up by corporate sponsors as if this is some vital match tonight.  It's a poxy meaningless game in the middle of winter at home.  Then when we win such a game it's pat ourselves on the back time and tell ourselves smugly how great we are in a very small pool of teams worldwide based off a meaningless friendly.   Yet when the actual important games come along The EIRE get beaten time and again and can't get past the last 8 of a world cup in their whole history.  Shambolic record.   It's only become popular because people like to follow a team that wins even if it is the never tedious 6 Nations or vitally important Autumn Internationals .  The actual merit of the win is irrelevant. Paddy needs to celebrate a win.

So getting to number one in the world is not a big deal?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:59pm

Are we?  I didn't know that but it is not a big deal.  If we truly were the best team int he world we would be world champions. 

Edited by Trap junior - 10 Nov 2018 at 7:59pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 7:59pm

How many rugby games on average would you attend?

Between club, province and country per year?

Edited by Green Devil - 10 Nov 2018 at 7:59pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:11pm

Are we?  I didn't know that but it is not a big deal.  If we truly were the best team int he world we would be world champions. 

If we win our next 2 internationals we will be number one that is.

We were extremely unlucky at the last WC all our main players got injured before the quarter final and subsequently weren't at our best.

To answer your question GD I don't get as many games anymore then I used to but went leinster v Munster game and wasps game last month.

And I'll be going to ospreys game Friday week

In terms of country tickets are almost impossible to get unless you are part of a club which I am not anymore

Edited by lassassinblanc - 10 Nov 2018 at 8:12pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:23pm
Fair enough you seem to actually at least go to Rugby matches Thumbs Up

A healthy number of people I know have never played the sport, barely set foot in Tullow or Carlow Rugby Club, only went to Leinster games when they got to the knockout stages of the European Cup and probably saw Ireland no more than once or twice if even and claim to be "diehard fans" and big Rugby people.

The same lads would struggle to name 3 or 4 starters for New Zealand LOL

At least with the Football and GAA crowd the majority would have had some genuine involvment at various levels. I think that's what annoys people in regard to Rugby outside it's typical strongholds.

Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

A healthy number of people I know have never played the sport, barely set foot in Tullow or Carlow Rugby Club, only went to Leinster games when they got to the knockout stages of the European Cup and probably saw Ireland no more than once or twice if even and claim to be "diehard fans" and big Rugby people.

At least with the Football and GAA crowd the majority would have had some genuine involvment at various levels. I think that's what annoys people in regard to Rugby outside it's typical strongholds.

Yeah, totally agree, it's great to see so many of the fans at our last two Euro championships turn up to our home games and attend LOI regularly 

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:39pm
Originally posted by Shoco Shoco wrote:

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Yeah, totally agree, it's great to see so many of the fans at our last two Euro championships turn up to our home games and attend LOI regularly 

Good point actually Irish Rugby fans seems to only follow local teams can't say I've ever met an Irish saracens or Wasps etc fan. 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:41pm
Nothing more amusing to see some knacker townie gear head walking around in a Leinster jersey
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2018 at 8:42pm

Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

You serious?LOL

Its like one of those kids sports days.  ''Everyone's a winner!''

What are Eire playing for tonight?  The Arthur Guinness Memorial Cup?

No this was real and rather pathetic but its the same in the Six Nations isn't it?. Ireland vs England is the Calcutta Cup and numerous other games have titles. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 321322323324325 470>
  Share Topic