You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Rugby Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 226227228229230 471>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 8:48am
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Hartley left out apparently

f**king delighted

Good player, just a scummy bastard

Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 9:41am

Photo leaked this morning appearing to confirm Warburton as captain.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 9:53am
Makes sense, Gatland knows him well and trusts him, Also captained last winning team, Only issue I'd have is he is 1) currently injured 2) not playing well when he was fit

Edited by lassassinblanc - 19 Apr 2017 at 10:22am
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:25am
Watching a bit of Sky sports there the level of ignorance they have in terms of English Players who are rumoured not to be included thinking they are World Class and should be in the team

Josephs and Hartley being the main contenders.

I'm telling you if I ever see Stuart Barnes in real life I will most likely punch the pompous little ****

Edited by lassassinblanc - 19 Apr 2017 at 11:26am
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:27am
warburton won't have much rugby to get himself back to full fitness as well. certainly could be a case of touring captain and not necessarily test match captain.
would fully agree to leaving Hartley out. think about it, he has had so many run-ins that his inclusion in the touring squad could cause issues before they even get on the plane. fine to keep him in the England setup, but across four countries I don't think it would sit well

reckon 11 irish will be in, covering most of the top positions too

AntrimMan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
YBIG's resident Nordy/London Hipster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AntrimMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:27am
In fairness, Hartley probably is the best Hooker available in terms of ability.

Just so happens he's a fooking ratbag. 

Joseph is at least as good as Roberts these days - that's a bit of a farce. Did he even start a game in the 6N ?
@AntrimMan85
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:31am
It was always Warbs or AWJ. Best is a poor captain and Hartley is a flight risk let alone a viable squad member.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:34am
Must be a proud day for CJ Stander - I'm sure he always dreamt of playing for the Lions as a kid !
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:39am
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

In fairness, Hartley probably is the best Hooker available in terms of ability.

Just so happens he's a fooking ratbag. 

Joseph is at least as good as Roberts these days - that's a bit of a farce. Did he even start a game in the 6N ?

Don't think so, Roberts is a good impact from the bench though imo, Starting centres will Farrell and Davies/Henshaw

Farrell being nailed on for inside centre and I can't see Josephs playing ahead of the other two which is his more favoured  position
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:39am
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Watching a bit of Sky sports there the level of ignorance they have in terms of English Players who are rumoured not to be included thinking they are World Class and should be in the team

I'm telling you if I ever see Stuart Barnes in real life I will most likely punch the pompous little ****

I'm not sure what exactly they are saying over on Sky but in fairness not bringing the likes of Launchbury and Mike Brown, as has been widely reported, seems a little crazy to me. Then again it's Gatland so it's also not massively surprising.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:41am
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

I'm not sure what exactly they are saying over on Sky but in fairness not bringing the likes of Launchbury and Mike Brown, as has been widely reported, seems a little crazy to me. Then again it's Gatland so it's also not massively surprising.

I'll agree with Launchbury but Brown should be nowhere near the squad over rated, Hogg and Halfpenny will be the fullbacks with possibly Zebo as cover imo
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:41am
Rumours that Roberts hasn't made the squad
alihau41 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alihau41 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 11:47am

nor should he. hasn't really performed over the last couple of seasons, and was even surprised to see him on the bench during the 6N
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:06pm

Hope that's the case. Would reflect badly on Gatland IMO
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:08pm
Josephs in after all,

Jared Payne got in Shocked
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:09pm
Furlong in. Well deserved
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:10pm
The Tullow Tank is in

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Apr 2017 at 12:12pm

2017 BRITISH AND IRISH LIONS SQUAD

Props: Dan Cole, Tadhg Furlong, Joe Marler, Jack McGrath, Kyle Sinckler, Mako Vunipola.

Hookers: Rory Best, Jamie George, Ken Owens.

Locks: Iain Henderson, Maro Itoje, Alun Wyn Jones, George Kruis, Courtney Lawes.

Back rows: Taulupe Faletau, Ross Moriarty, Sean O'Brien, Peter O'Mahony, CJ Stander, Justin Tipuric, Billy Vunipola, Sam Warburton (c).

Scrum-halves: Conor Murray, Rhys Webb, Ben Youngs.

Fly-halves: Dan Biggar, Owen Farrell, Jonathan Sexton.

Centres: Jonathan Davies, Robbie Henshaw, Jonathan Joseph, Ben Te'o.

Back three: Elliot Daly, Leigh Halfpenny, Stuart Hogg, George North, Jack Nowell, Jared Payne, Tommy Seymour, Anthony Watson, Liam Williams.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 226227228229230 471>
  Share Topic