Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Wes Hoolahan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 101>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 1:19pm
If he was 24, my togs would be destroyed
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Sponsored Links

Guest View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Prob still wouldn't get a start.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Whatever you're into.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Darrener Darrener wrote:

O Neill should be docked a month's wages for every game he's not starting

Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Good read this.....

http://www.punditarena.com/irish-football/pmogoal/ireland-the-myth-that-martin-oneill-doesnt-trust-wes-hoolahan/

Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Oct 2016 at 4:41pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Good read this.....

http://www.punditarena.com/irish-football/pmogoal/ireland-the-myth-that-martin-oneill-doesnt-trust-wes-hoolahan/

That's a great article. Sums it up perfectly. I'd forgotten Dunphy's ridiculous rant for the Poland game when Wes had been ruled out with injury. He still didn't believe MON.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Good read this.....

That's a great article. Sums it up perfectly. I'd forgotten Dunphy's ridiculous rant for the Poland game when Wes had been ruled out with injury. He still didn't believe MON.

You had an RTE pundit more or less calling MON a liar and posters on here are wondering why MON is a bit frosty with them in interviews. Credit to Liam Brady who pulled Dunphy on it.

As if Hoolahan would play for MON if he as lying about his condition to play. Sure Hoolahan told O'Neill he wasn't fit for it. 

I think Hoolahan is an absolute credit for not kicking up a fuss that he was being left out of teams under Trap and is still being underused imo under MON. Fantastic temperament and a great pro. Clap
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 4:56pm
I think he is used effectively, rather than underused, myself. He pulled the strings in Moldova, but might not have been fit to play at all had he started v Georgia. End result was 6 points.

I'd love to see him start every game but I don't think he has the legs for it unfortunately.

Has to start v Austria though!
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 7:12pm

I think he is used effectively, rather than underused, myself. He pulled the strings in Moldova, but might not have been fit to play at all had he started v Georgia. End result was 6 points.

I'd love to see him start every game but I don't think he has the legs for it unfortunately.

I know Georgia were a big physical side but it was crying out for Hoolahan to bring on thhe last 20 minutes. I understand O'Neill's logic in trying to protect a lead as he did in the Bosnia home game but I feel we invite teams on too much when we're defending a lead.

All's well that ends well but it doesn't mean O'Neill was necessarily right. We may have got a second if Hoolahan came on to exploit the gaps in the pressing Georgian defence.
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:45pm

I know Georgia were a big physical side but it was crying out for Hoolahan to bring on thhe last 20 minutes. I understand O'Neill's logic in trying to protect a lead as he did in the Bosnia home game but I feel we invite teams on too much when we're defending a lead.

All's well that ends well but it doesn't mean O'Neill was necessarily right. We may have got a second if Hoolahan came on to exploit the gaps in the pressing Georgian defence.
I agreed with O' Neill, hoolahan would have been lost in that game. He needs a structured midfield base to pull the strings from, like many players of his ilk, we had none that day and were struggling. Throwing him on would have helped nobody.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2016 at 8:55pm
Wes should be our captain take all kick out's free's corner's and peno's oh and he should be allowed to pick the team with Trap Junior as O Neil is just a lucky leprechaun
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 9:31am
Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

Wes should be our captain take all kick out's free's corner's and peno's oh and he should be allowed to pick the team with Trap Junior as O Neil is just a lucky leprechaun

LOL
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 9:55am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

I agreed with O' Neill, hoolahan would have been lost in that game. He needs a structured midfield base to pull the strings from, like many players of his ilk, we had none that day and were struggling. Throwing him on would have helped nobody.

The man makes sense, Yes Hoolahan probably is our best technical player doesn't mean he can do it every game.

Sometimes you need to fight dirty and physically to win games we done this, Hoolahan is not a physical player.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct 2016 at 10:15am

Originally posted by DUBLIN DOC DUBLIN DOC wrote:

LOL

At least I am not telling Wes to be more like Emile Heskey.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:23pm
Even though he didnt have his best game last night his part in the goal was huge. The pass from meyler came at him a little awkward but he controlled it lovely and spun round and picked out mcclean perfectly. Yes james was in loads of space but how many times have we seen players mess up passes like that. Just a lovely move and finish.
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 9:27pm
If he was played in Belgrade we'd have our flights booked on 12 points
GUFC_Andy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GUFC_Andy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2016 at 10:00pm
Best player in the championship
Don't ban me for no reason, please.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2016 at 6:00am
Originally posted by Dugs Dugs wrote:

Even though he didnt have his best game last night his part in the goal was huge. The pass from meyler came at him a little awkward but he controlled it lovely and spun round and picked out mcclean perfectly. Yes james was in loads of space but how many times have we seen players mess up passes like that. Just a lovely move and finish.

The ball from Wes to JM for the goal was typical of the little fella absolute quality.
Clap
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 101>
  Share Topic