Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 267>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 2021 at 12:27pm
I cant help but feel that the Ashley issue was one of a few fig leafs to avoid the conclusion that this was a takeover a large number of fans wanted to happen, and they were happy to leave their objections at the door. I said it at the time, but for fans who had a longstanding history of protest and direct action, they appeared rather docile in the face of a takeover bid that attracted criticism, and its hard not to conclude that potential growth and recruitment softened any criticism that might have otherwise arisen.
Sponsored Links

max View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

My new name is Wax

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Aug 2021 at 2:15pm
Heading over for the league cup game next week. Presume tickets won’t be a problem on the night? Nothing on the website at the moment.
Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by max max wrote:

Heading over for the league cup game next week. Presume tickets won’t be a problem on the night? Nothing on the website at the moment.

There'll probably be cash turnstiles. I'd be surprised if there's more than 20,000 at it. Last week of the summer holidays so it'll be loads of kids and families. 
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2021 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Originally posted by max max wrote:

There'll probably be cash turnstiles. I'd be surprised if there's more than 20,000 at it. Last week of the summer holidays so it'll be loads of kids and families. 

Now for the Burnley fans it's £10 in advance or £20 if you turn up at the gate .

If you are going buy in advance .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2021 at 4:19pm
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2021 at 3:32pm
Bump....I have a feeling this thread might be busy soon

Edited by lassassinblanc - 06 Oct 2021 at 3:34pm
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 10:23am
Saudi-state sponsored club. Another nail in the coffin? 

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:41am
I read somewhere they're going to be ten times richer than Man City.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:42am
Poor Steve Bruce.
Jackal View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jackal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:46am
You can really expect anyone to take the players serious when they take the knee before kick off after this. 

Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 11:47am
If Hitler was born a few decades later, he'd probably own an English football club as well.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 12:01pm
Pretty sickening to see this happen.

thebronze14 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Derry City Til I Die

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thebronze14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 12:05pm
And Newcastle fans celebrating thisDead Really couldn't be arsed with the Premier League anymore. Even my interest in Southampton has waned. The only EPL match I have watched this season is Brentford v Arsenal
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

And Newcastle fans celebrating thisDead Really couldn't be arsed with the Premier League anymore. Even my interest in Southampton has waned. The only EPL match I have watched this season is Brentford v Arsenal

It's tough alright, there's definitely a big split in Newcastle supporters

And not just those who walking away due to this and those running around with tea towels on their head ignoring the atrocious behaviour of the Saudis but also those who love the club and want it to do well but are against things happening in Saudi Arabia.

I've made my thoughts on this takeover many times so won't repeat them again. 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 5:42pm
FrankosHereNow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
I like Klopp

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FrankosHereNow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 6:54pm
It’s all bollox. Club football is f**ked.
YBIG Quiz Champion 2016, 2017 & 2018.

As You Were
Three in a row
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 7:27pm
Another shameful day for elite level football. The jubilant scenes outside of St. James' Park are unbelievable. The only governments for my money worse than the Saudis are North Korea and the Taliban and to be happy to ignore that all because your football team might become successful is incredible. 
MayoMark View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
The NEW angrier Freewheeler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MayoMark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2021 at 8:09pm
A new low 
They finally did it man... They killed my f**kin' car...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 247248249250251 267>
  Share Topic