Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 267>
Author
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:23pm
So after 14 years we've broken our transfer record

Welcome to the Toon Wor Almiron
Sponsored Links

ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Who was the previous record signing ? Just out of interest.

Edited by ErsatzThistle - 31 Jan 2019 at 5:41pm
cardwizzard View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cardwizzard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by ErsatzThistle ErsatzThistle wrote:

Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

Who was the previous record signing ? Just out of interest.

Mickey Owen
ErsatzThistle View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ErsatzThistle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by cardwizzard cardwizzard wrote:

Mickey Owen

Thumbs Up
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2019 at 8:45pm
leaked jerseys for next season

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 2:53pm
Almiron makes his first start
Swanny View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swanny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 4:57pm
Looked good today think he will be the difference to us up
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 8:39pm
I think the difference in Newcastle staying up is the fact there are some terrible sides in the Premier League.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb 2019 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I think the difference in Newcastle staying up is the fact there are some terrible sides in the Premier League.

Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield will go down.

Think Newcastle will be save enough. Almiron looked very lively today almost scored a lovely chip. Once he clicks with Perez and Rondon we'll see more points being put on the board.

Longstaff was brilliant again today
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 7:52am
Pick that one out

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 11:43am
Schar has some strike on him tbf that was a stunning goal Stern Smile

How did Almiron play?

I'm actually rather happy your lot are staying up because if Sunderland get promoted I think we'll need another season or two to get in a position to properly compete with Newcastle again LOL
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Schar has some strike on him tbf that was a stunning goal Stern Smile

How did Almiron play?

I'm actually rather happy your lot are staying up because if Sunderland get promoted I think we'll need another season or two to get in a position to properly compete with Newcastle again LOL

Almiron has been fantastic in the 2 (1/2) games he's played so far. He's not afraid to run at defenses and he is lighting quick, his vision is superb too

Once himself Perez and Rondon (who I really hope we make permanent or at least extend next season) fully click we'll have a front 3 to be really feared.

Of course it's still early in his Newcastle career but if he continues how he started then he'll make Newcastle a nice tidy profit in a year or two.

I think the big think to come out of the last few games has been the emergence of Sean Longstaff who has really taken his chance in the team, I'd even go as far as saying he's undroppable  at the moment.

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 12:05pm
Well from watching plenty of the MLS, Almiron was the pick of the bunch for me due to his great movement and he's technically very good.

I wouldn't get ahead of myself with the touting of possibly making a massive profit on Almiron just yet either, when you factor in it was a 15 mins cameo vs Wolves, Huddersfield and Burnley they've played as well as the hefty fee he cost Wink Still signs are looking good that he has settled very quickly.

Rondon was a great signing, I've always liked him as a player despite not being the quickest or overly clinical he is an excellent target man and has done a very good job for Newcastle.

This summer for Newcastle is crucial, it's now time to decide whether staying up is the goal or can the club now try and progress to a comfortable top 10 side.

Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 1:26pm

Well from watching plenty of the MLS, Almiron was the pick of the bunch for me due to his great movement and he's technically very good.

I wouldn't get ahead of myself with the touting of possibly making a massive profit on Almiron just yet either, when you factor in it was a 15 mins cameo vs Wolves, Huddersfield and Burnley they've played as well as the hefty fee he cost Wink Still signs are looking good that he has settled very quickly.

Rondon was a great signing, I've always liked him as a player despite not being the quickest or overly clinical he is an excellent target man and has done a very good job for Newcastle.

This summer for Newcastle is crucial, it's now time to decide whether staying up is the goal or can the club now try and progress to a comfortable top 10 side.

Well that is what Rafa wants to stay and promises that training ground will be improved and changes made to youth academy.

I think Longstaff has shown that we do have talent there, even though I believe the biggest change there has been Dawson taking over the coaching of the team from Beardsley.

Obviously not getting too ahead of myself with Almiron but I don't think the £20m they paid for him is that hefty a fee in the current football market.

As you say with Rondon he is an excellent target man and his hold up play has been superb when compare him to Mitrovic who never really looked tactically adept in the role Rafa wanted of his forward.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 2:35pm
I'm sure Rafa will stay, why would he leave? If Newcastle lose matches they blame Ashley and if they win games Rafa is seen as a hero. Cushiest job in world football LOL

£20 million for a player from the MLS is a lot of money, he's gotten off to a good start but he has a long way to go before he'd be considered "proven" at this level which is my point.

Mitrovic is still very pretty though, potentially he'll probably surpass Rondon career wise as he seems to have a lot more natural talent. 

Still, you're all but safe now so mission accomplished.
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2019 at 3:10pm

I'm sure Rafa will stay, why would he leave? If Newcastle lose matches they blame Ashley and if they win games Rafa is seen as a hero. Cushiest job in world football LOL

£20 million for a player from the MLS is a lot of money, he's gotten off to a good start but he has a long way to go before he'd be considered "proven" at this level which is my point.

Mitrovic is still very pretty though, potentially he'll probably surpass Rondon career wise as he seems to have a lot more natural talent. 

Still, you're all but safe now so mission accomplished.

Oh I agree but if he for example had come from a Spanish club or South American club no one would have batted an eyelid at the fee.

I think the MLS is improving and this transfer may be a watershed moment for the league imo.

In regards to Mitro I liked him myself but as I said he didn't fit into what Rafa wanted hence why he left, he is still very young and probably will surpass Rondon, it will be interesting to see what he does in the summer, I can't see him staying with Fulham in the championship.

I agree in a sense with the Rafa view, yes I do think he got away with of criticism earlier in the season for his ways and his honesty but now we are winning he gets all the praise.

I'd also agree that we're all but safe now too, more so that two teams are already down (or at least need the greatest comeback since Jesus to survive) in Huddersfield and Fulham.

and I think we have more quality and confidence in the squad then Cardiff do. I'll also add if I was a Brighton or Southampton fan I'd be worried especially the latter who seem to hovering for the last season and a half in the kind of form which caught up with the likes of Newcastle, Sunderland, Stoke and Swansea the last few years.

Given that 6 *of their last 10 games are against current top 10 teams ( half of those vs Man U, Liverpool and Spurs) they may find points hard to come by

*the most of any teams in bottom half (AFAIK)
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 2:51pm
Peter Beardsley has been charged with three counts of racism, tarnishing his legacy no end there after a fantastic career as a player.

The problem with some of these of ex pro's (take Bellamy also) is all the power they had as players goes to their heads when they become coaches and think they can say what they like.

I wouldn't mind, I loved watching Beardsley as a player! 
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Mar 2019 at 3:08pm
Great player crap coach
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 224225226227228 267>
  Share Topic