FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Toon Army

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 267>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 11:24am
Stoke are on a wretched run of form and really should be winning come on the TOON
Sponsored Links

Slow & Blind View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 10:55am
I just got out of the maggie thatcher and opened the curtains to what looks a horrible day . A light snow last night on the ground and showers of hail . Not weather to be playing Stoke in!!
Salzburglilly View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 10:42am
Nathan Collins - The best Kildare baller since Johnny Doyle!
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 10:09am
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

A lot of bodies back for todays game... could be a huge week for the Club!

Do you reckon we'll get to see Owen today ?
I don't mind him . His goals to appearance was ok and he's not a fool or idiot like some of the other money grabbers we've had . I would never say this to anyone who sits near me though, they all hate him .

Ben Arfa is available and I'm looking forward to seeing how he'll go beside sissoko . Jonas might start and ben Arfa will appear in the second half .

Swing low, sweet chariot, coming forth to carry me home!!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2013 at 9:42am
A lot of bodies back for todays game... could be a huge week for the Club!
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Slow & Blind Slow & Blind wrote:

Just bought tickets for Thursday night . Sales seem to be way ahead of previous Europa matches . Hopefully we'll get a big crowd, top tier open, and get a great atmosphere going .

I'd love to go on Thursday, I reckon it will be a completely different atmosphere to a league game. I'm confident of Newcastle scoring but I'm also wary of Anzhi nicking a goal. I think if they get past Anzhi everyone will really believe the club can go all the way. Fulham got to a Europa league final & Boro did as well - both had weaker squads or perhaps less talented squad than this Newcastle team. Athletico gone, Chelsea will hopefully be knocked out Thursday. Get Sunday out of the way first however, huge game tomorrow. Newcastle win & they're level on points with Stoke but lose & the gap is 6 which would be hard to make up in terms of trying to move ahead of them into mid table.
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 10:44am
Just bought tickets for Thursday night . Sales seem to be way ahead of previous Europa matches . Hopefully we'll get a big crowd, top tier open, and get a great atmosphere going .
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2013 at 8:00am
Seems  Ben Arfa got a dead leg on Thursday and may be missing  again on Sunday!
The Big Club View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Big Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 10:41pm
Superb performance from the lads, committed disciplined and not overawed, not overly confident still but hopefull do the biz at SJP
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Salzburglilly Salzburglilly wrote:

Fantastic  performance  from a  half strength team in Moscow  against a  team who has won all their home games in Europe this season, Pardew  set the team up really  wellClap

Great performance tonight, really could have won the game if they had been more adventurous. Next Thursday will be very difficult now, I don't know whether Anzhi were very poor or Newcastle were very good. I just can't make up my mind.

Perch, M'Biwa & Elliott were brilliant & for 3 lads who haven't played much 1st team football recently, I thought they were very good tonight. Haidara looked at home at left back & I thought Simpson was very good. It would be easy for Simpson to throw his toys out of the pram lately but in fairness his attitude seems to be spot on. Ben Arfa was rusty which was to be expected. 60+ mins tonight will bring him on a huge deal & a start at home on Sunday in front of 52,000 & hopefully he'll hit the ground running. Obertan was crap for 80 mins but did 1 or 2 useful things toward the end - not good enough though.

Great performance though from all the players, I can't help but feel Anzhi will offer a lot more than they did tonight. Obviously a clean sheet is very important next Thursday if Newcastle are to progress.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 6:57pm
Rob  Elliot  was  Brilliant tonight  tooThumbs Up
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 6:51pm
Fantastic  performance  from a  half strength team in Moscow  against a  team who has won all their home games in Europe this season, Pardew  set the team up really  wellClap

Edited by Salzburglilly - 07 Mar 2013 at 7:14pm
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slow & Blind Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

Coloccini out until May apparently, he broke 2 bones in his back against Southampton. Jesus this is all we need now. He cleared a ball doing an overhead kick & landed on his back & ended up breaking bones - talk about a freak accident.

Really hope this isn't the start of a bad few weeks for the club. Get a decent result tonight & beat Stoke on Saturday & hopefully that is the end of the relegation worries.

Colo has gone to argentina . I reckon he's sorting out his issues and will hopefully be ready for august with his head sorted out .

A 0-0 tonight and a win on Sunday and it would make life easier for the next month .
bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 12:34pm
Coloccini out until May apparently, he broke 2 bones in his back against Southampton. Jesus this is all we need now. He cleared a ball doing an overhead kick & landed on his back & ended up breaking bones - talk about a freak accident.

Really hope this isn't the start of a bad few weeks for the club. Get a decent result tonight & beat Stoke on Saturday & hopefully that is the end of the relegation worries.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 12:17pm
I have a feeling it will be 2-1 to Anzhi which in all fairness isn't a bad result, We can beat them in SJP
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2013 at 8:16am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salzburglilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by bundy bundy wrote:

I think Pardew is nuts if he plays Ben Arfa from the start. 4 months without a match & playing on a plastic pitch in -4 or -5 degrees weather would be mental in my opinion. If he starts Shola I'd be confident of getting a draw, these Russians wouldn't really be used to playing against players like Shola in the Russian league. Big test for the likes of Simpson, M'Biwa, Haidara & Elliott. Not a whole lot of first team experience between them. I'd be least worried about M'Biwa though - he captained Montpellier in the Champions League!

I'm going to stick my neck out & say a 1-1 draw, Cabaye with the goal.

Haidara  was  very  comfortable  in Kharkiv,Ben Arfa  might  get  the last  20  ins, ill expect Marveaux  to  start,1-1  would be a great  result,  Anzi  have  won all their  home  games in Europe so far!

bundy View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bundy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2013 at 8:37pm
I think Pardew is nuts if he plays Ben Arfa from the start. 4 months without a match & playing on a plastic pitch in -4 or -5 degrees weather would be mental in my opinion. If he starts Shola I'd be confident of getting a draw, these Russians wouldn't really be used to playing against players like Shola in the Russian league. Big test for the likes of Simpson, M'Biwa, Haidara & Elliott. Not a whole lot of first team experience between them. I'd be least worried about M'Biwa though - he captained Montpellier in the Champions League!

I'm going to stick my neck out & say a 1-1 draw, Cabaye with the goal.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 233234235236237 267>
  Share Topic