Tottenham Hotspur v Shamrock Rovers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 6:08pm
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 5:11pm
Yes FW great night and great experience, up there if not surpassing Houghton in Stuttgart.

Cops, most stewards and 99.9% of Spurs fans were sound.

Apart from the one who called us Fenian Kunts LOL
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 4:05pm

Stayed in London again last night, so only home a few hours.  I can't tell yiz how proud I was of the team on Thursday and to take the lead with a goal in front of us is probably THE greatest moment of all my years watching Rovers, just sensational feeling of raw and utter ecstacy.  Then Tottenham got the kick up the arse and took their chances, which you'd expect for international class players.  But as Harry said it was a very entertaining game.

The support was truly magnificent, sang meself hoarse for 90 mins, I'll treasure that forever and I really enjoyed WHL as you are real close to the pitch.  Enjoyed the Spurs fans afterwards in The Olive Branch, very decent and praiseworthy of the team and fans.  Going over there I kept telling everyone I just hoped we'd give Spurs a game.  We did.  Marvellous marvellous night. Clap

Now let's go win the League.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Max Power View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
A.K.A. Mod Powers

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Max Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Barna Bee Barna Bee wrote:

By the way there seems be be alot of over zealous rubbish emanating from rovers fans and the irish press about this game and how it unfolded . Rovers came over and <FONT face=Arial>were well beaten in the end and thats the bottom line.
It  was a great night for everyone  at Shamrock Rovers but let’s put this into context . This was a reserve Spurs side. They were rattled for 10mins in a competition Spurs are not interested in playing in. Spurs had way more attempts on goal then Rovers had (at most 2 in the whole 90 mins) , one of which went in off someone’s arse. I have never seen so few fans (from a Spurs point of view) at WHL in the past 15 years.  Less then 25 k in total and 5 k of those were from <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Ireland</st1:place></st1:country-region>. WHL holds 36k. This was the least glamorous tie I have ever attended outside pre season …so well done to Rovers and the fans who came to make a great atmosphere but a little perspective please. You may have out sang us last night but if it mattered you would not have , the apathy to the event was apparent in the attendance ...chants like "we can see you sneaking out " This was deluded and laughable and left must of the Spurs faithful bemused ..no actually we did not need to sneak out, we won well , job done and we were going home early with a nothing more to see here attitude. Then we I heard  the chant "you never won fa "...well what have Rovers ever won in Europe ? You won your own league and a game against Partisan ...so what.  
Well done again but don't lose the run of yourselves or we might just have to come over there to manshame you in Dec:-)Tongue

Sweet lantering Jesus
Co-Founder of The Paul McShane Fan Club, Portmarnock Branch
Conor Messi View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conor Messi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 3:40pm
I was at a wake so I missed this match but this must have been magic for anyone that was there!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GgxyivELLk&feature=related
That's what following a team is all about, it makes it all worth it.

@MessiConor
Hasta La Victoria Siempre
Landon Donovan View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Sheldon Cooper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Landon Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 7:47am

Originally posted by Black Knee Stevie Black Knee Stevie wrote:

Not that it makes it right but spurs fans where on facebook sl*gging about Potatoes, and I could of swore I heard them chanting about the famine.  

Irish Times Fantasy 6 Nations

League Name: YBIG League
Password: YBIG
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 7:17am
I really can't believe people are talking about so called chants which no one in the ground seemed to hear

I also saw so called Nazi salute pic LOL 
All I' will say is if people think this is a nazi salute i would advise people to never put an arm in the air at a football match
Looks very much to me like he is waving to someone...USING HIS LEFT ARM

YES HIS LEFT
Black Knee Stevie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Knee Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 7:10am
Originally posted by SteviesGranny SteviesGranny wrote:

Not that it makes it right but spurs fans where on facebook sl*gging about Potatoes, and I could of swore I heard them chanting about the famine. Anyway well done Rovers, near put my fist through the roof when they scored, and just like the Irish squad they thought they had it won and lost concentration and conceded three goals that could of been avoided.  

You must have good ears to hear fans chanting bout the famine from the comfort of your living room. I drank in a pub next to WHL before and after the game and not a bit of bother. A group of us were in the Spurs end also and didnt get any abuse when we cheered Rover's goal.

But dont let that get in the way of a good England bashing story.

How was I bashing England? My point was there are scummins on every side, but the Rovers fans seem to be taking all the heat. My ears must of been playing up, and if you where there it mustn't be true.
It is not just a simple game, it is a weapon of the revolution
SteviesGranny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteviesGranny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2011 at 6:39am

Not that it makes it right but spurs fans where on facebook sl*gging about Potatoes, and I could of swore I heard them chanting about the famine. Anyway well done Rovers, near put my fist through the roof when they scored, and just like the Irish squad they thought they had it won and lost concentration and conceded three goals that could of been avoided.  

You must have good ears to hear fans chanting bout the famine from the comfort of your living room. I drank in a pub next to WHL before and after the game and not a bit of bother. A group of us were in the Spurs end also and didnt get any abuse when we cheered Rover's goal.

But dont let that get in the way of a good England bashing story.
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by zizu Kilbane zizu Kilbane wrote:

Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

You won your own league ...so what.  

What a spectacularly mean spirited view of the game.

Thankfully the real Spurs fans I spoke to were a great deal more magnanimous in victory

You won't be winning your league any time in the foreseeable future mate! And really at the end of the day that's what its all about regardless of what level your playing at

Confused seriously zizu, you not above that Confused
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by roverstillidie roverstillidie wrote:

You won your own league ...so what.  

Thankfully the real Spurs fans I spoke to were a great deal more magnanimous in victory

You won't be winning your league any time in the foreseeable future mate! And really at the end of the day that's what its all about regardless of what level your playing at

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by Absolutely Use Absolutely Use wrote:

I watched the match in a pub in South East London and there was a big cheer when Rovers scored

Wink
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:08pm
Never experienced an atmosphere like it and very proud to be a Hoop last night!!!
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
roverstillidie View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Bohs number 1 fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roverstillidie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:01pm

By the way there seems be be alot of over zealous rubbish emanating from rovers fans and the irish press about this game and how it unfolded . Rovers came over and were well beaten in the end and thats the bottom line.
It  was a great night for everyone  at Shamrock Rovers but let’s put this into context . This was a reserve Spurs side. They were rattled for 10mins in a competition Spurs are not interested in playing in. Spurs had way more attempts on goal then Rovers had (at most 2 in the whole 90 mins) , one of which went in off someone’s arse. I have never seen so few fans (from a Spurs point of view) at WHL in the past 15 years.  Less then 25 k in total and 5 k of those were from Ireland. WHL holds 36k. This was the least glamorous tie I have ever attended outside pre season …so well done to Rovers and the fans who came to make a great atmosphere but a little perspective please. You may have out sang us last night but if it mattered you would not have , the apathy to the event was apparent in the attendance ...chants like "we can see you sneaking out " This was deluded and laughable and left must of the Spurs faithful bemused ..no actually we did not need to sneak out, we won well , job done and we were going home early with a nothing more to see here attitude. Then we I heard  the chant "you never won fa "...well what have Rovers ever won in Europe ? You won your own league and a game against Partisan ...so what.  
Well done again but don't lose the run of yourselves or we might just have to come over there to manshame you in Dec:-)Tongue

Absolutely Use View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Absolutely Use Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:01pm
I watched the match in a pub in South East London and there was a big cheer when Rovers scored
Say nothing till you hear more
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by The GerK The GerK wrote:

The begrudgers will always try and pick holes in what was an amazing night, it's human nature
Rovers went to the Lane and played very well against a team that beat Hearts 5-0 and who would beat most teams in the EPL
Rovers fans created an atmosphere better than any EPL side, or any side for that matter, has done in a long long time (source..countless Spurs fans)

If someone made a salute he is a gimp but lets not let it take away from the 3,200 others who were described by Cops and Spurs fans as the best and best behaved they have seen in a long time.

Rovers, team and fans, were an absolute credit to the LOI last nightClap

Just in the door?LOL
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
The GerK View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Razor you wanna pint?...2 minutes later

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The GerK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 1:52pm
The begrudgers will always try and pick holes in what was an amazing night, it's human nature
Rovers went to the Lane and played very well against a team that beat Hearts 5-0 and who would beat most teams in the EPL
Rovers fans created an atmosphere better than any EPL side, or any side for that matter, has done in a long long time (source..countless Spurs fans)

If someone made a salute he is a gimp but lets not let it take away from the 3,200 others who were described by Cops and Spurs fans as the best and best behaved they have seen in a long time.

Rovers, team and fans, were an absolute credit to the LOI last nightClap

Black Knee Stevie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Knee Stevie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2011 at 1:08pm

Edited by Black Knee Stevie - 30 Sep 2011 at 1:09pm
It is not just a simple game, it is a weapon of the revolution
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 15>
  Share Topic