You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293294295296297 329>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:24pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

The sounds coming from the FA is that they are keen on this sale.
Worth bearing in mind that they still owe a lot of money on Wembley I believe.

I do see the Jags being financially viable here - It would have made more sense maybe moving in with Spurs as 60,000 would be ideal but I'd be confident that could pull 60,000 to each home game at Wembley which would be a good starting point for them to build on. 

Don't think them sharing with Spurs would have been workable given the heavy toll it would have on a pitch in the Autumn. Wembley much more workable and it would allow the FA to move some games around England to the likes of Nottingham, Leeds etc..
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

I do see the Jags being financially viable here - It would have made more sense maybe moving in with Spurs as 60,000 would be ideal but I'd be confident that could pull 60,000 to each home game at Wembley which would be a good starting point for them to build on. 

Don't think them sharing with Spurs would have been workable given the heavy toll it would have on a pitch in the Autumn. Wembley much more workable and it would allow the FA to move some games around England to the likes of Nottingham, Leeds etc..

The New Spurs Stadium has an artificial NFL Specific pitch. 
Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 2:35pm

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

The New Spurs Stadium has an artificial NFL Specific pitch. 

Fair enough so. Thumbs Up
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 4:56pm
After it being assumed for months Darnold or possibly Allen would go first... Mayfield is now the last minute 5/12 favourite.

nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2018 at 11:07pm
And now money coming back on for Darnold with one nfl exec saying the rumour on Mayfield was pure fiction. 

Most exciting it's been in a very long time, have tomorrow booked off work - make or break for my bills. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 1:59am
Wouldn't be like the Bills to f**k up, stupid 
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 2:11am
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Wouldn't be like the Bills to f**k up, stupid 

Looks like the cardinals trading up to take Josh Rosen. Thought he be a better all round pick for the bills

So many top quality QBs in this draft be interesting to see how they all end up doing
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 2:47am
saints just gave up a hell off alot to get Marcus Davenport. 

Know Sean Patton likes taking chances but did think only reason he was giving up next year' 1st round pick was for something on offence mainly another QB so this comes as a surprise 
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Shedite View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shedite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:10am
I don't think we'll ever see a proper fulltime London franchise. Main issues for me:

1. Tax issues - Uncle Sam missing out on a lot of income from one of the teams

2. Logistics of quick turnarounds - currently teams have weeks to ship out what they need for a game, imagine Buffalo having to go to London for a playoff game at 1 weeks notice (rather than Jacksonville this year).

3. Would players want to live in London? Would they need more of a salary cap to entice player over?

4. Free agents. Say Jacksonville suffer an injury crisis at kicker. Currently they fly in 4 kickers and they try out on the Monday, can't see them flying over 4 guys for a tryout.

Only way I could see it working is how Anzhi did in Russia, whereby the team live and train in Moscow and fly in for home games. If you had the Jags base in Boston, and just flew in 8 times a year for a weekend it might work, but I imagine half the allure of a team being here fulltime is that you hae the whole setup, cheerleaders/team doing appearances etc.
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:42am
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

I don't think we'll ever see a proper fulltime London franchise. Main issues for me:

2. Logistics of quick turnarounds - currently teams have weeks to ship out what they need for a game, imagine Buffalo having to go to London for a playoff game at 1 weeks notice (rather than Jacksonville this year).

3. Would players want to live in London? Would they need more of a salary cap to entice player over?

4. Free agents. Say Jacksonville suffer an injury crisis at kicker. Currently they fly in 4 kickers and they try out on the Monday, can't see them flying over 4 guys for a tryout.

Only way I could see it working is how Anzhi did in Russia, whereby the team live and train in Moscow and fly in for home games. If you had the Jags base in Boston, and just flew in 8 times a year for a weekend it might work, but I imagine half the allure of a team being here fulltime is that you hae the whole setup, cheerleaders/team doing appearances etc.

I don't see that working either for the reason you outlined. They either have to go all in on this or not at all.

I'm not saying outright it couldn't work but it'll take a lot of patience for it to reap the benefits.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:46am
Raiders have an interesting draft. Trade down 5 places which effectively lands them Martavis Bryant in a trade before selecting OT Kolton Miller, which was a position of need with Donald Penn 35 years old. A lot of people saying the Raiders need to boost their defense which they have with a plethora of free agent signings. Better still, they have 10 more draft picks to work with. Granted 6 of them are in the sixth round but i wouldn't rule out a gem or two in later rounds.
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 9:48am

Tax is definitely the big one but don't think for the reason you say. US tax is a lot lower than British one and a player isn't going to want to pay more. They'd also have to work out how Jock Tax would work albeit I'm sure they've that figured out from Canadian teams already.

No worries on quick turnarounds, not much longer than a transcontinental flight in the US and if anything the logistics are easier given how many airports London has.

Think a lot of them would want London, definitely some won't but that's no different to any secondary market, as Buffalo know well. 

Don't get the last point, why wouldn't they? 

Edited by nvidic - 27 Apr 2018 at 9:48am
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

I don't see that working either for the reason you outlined. They either have to go all in on this or not at all.

I'm not saying outright it couldn't work but it'll take a lot of patience for it to reap the benefits.

The Jags would defo have a facility on the East Coast to cover all of this. It would work. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Raiders have an interesting draft. Trade down 5 places which effectively lands them Martavis Bryant in a trade before selecting OT Kolton Miller, which was a position of need with Donald Penn 35 years old. A lot of people saying the Raiders need to boost their defense which they have with a plethora of free agent signings. Better still, they have 10 more draft picks to work with. Granted 6 of them are in the sixth round but i wouldn't rule out a gem or two in later rounds.

Doesn't Bryant only have 1 year left on his contract ?? Seemed a lot to give up. 
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2018 at 10:35am
Happy enough with Chubb falling to Denver at 5 : Excellent pass rush now. 
Denver had plans to trade if they didn't like what they saw at 5 so think Elway has done well so far. Be interesting to see what happens in round 2. Think he might go RB. 
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2018 at 2:55pm

1 If you're an American citizen and you earn over $100,000, no matter where in the world, you have to pay tax in the USA. Also, Uncle Sam can't exactly stop the NFL relocating a team if they want. It's a private business.

2 The London team could start the season with three home games, then four on the road, then two home games, then four more on the road, then three more at home to end - or some sort of set up like that. It's not extreme. If they are made play East Coast teams at the start of the season, then you can give the teams further west their bye weeks after the London games.

3 They can give them extra salary cap space for the first few years until the team is established.

4 Nothing to stop them flying in players for try outs. These are gigantic businesses.

Also, just about all of those issues is fixed with the team flying in for games only, or at least having an American base. They could live in the US in the offseason and live in London during the season. It could be made work. The right way to do it would be for the Jags (or some other team) to play four home games here and four home games there, at least for a start.

HOWEVER, the potential spanner in all the works here is the Spurs deal. Who knows exactly what the terms of that deal are? Maybe they are guaranteed a certain number of teams. Maybe they can't have a Jags game every season. Maybe Khan wouldn't be happy having to play one of his games in a smaller stadium. Maybe Khan wouldn't be happy at having that "competition" for fair weather fans, wanting to go to a game there between two big teams, rather than seeing Jacksonville against Indianapolis for the third year in a row.
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2018 at 10:51am
Anyone get NFL Tickets this morning ? 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 2018 at 10:08am
Heading over to an nfl game at the end of September (NY Giants at home to the Saints)

Any recommendations on where to sit? Behind the goal/sideline? 

Any other tips/recommendations/ things to do a before/after? 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 293294295296297 329>
  Share Topic