You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NFL Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 329>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

Bills tailgating was unbelievable, one of lifes great experiences

https://www.facebook.com/SportsIllustrated/videos/10155151347406367/

an absolute bunch of f**king lunatics Clap
You don't know Bo?

2018 YBIG Fantasy Football Champ!
Charlton's Child View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 6:15pm
2018 London games being announced on Thursday
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by Bo Jackson Bo Jackson wrote:

Bills tailgating was unbelievable, one of lifes great experiences

https://www.facebook.com/SportsIllustrated/videos/10155151347406367/

an absolute bunch of f**king lunatics Clap

They're nuts, I was in the main lot so saw a lot of that, saw four separate tables broken and a whole lot more besides, had a game of beer pong on a beer pong table with an irish flag on it at 9am, was surreal
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Charlton's Child Charlton's Child wrote:

Raiders are going to be one of the home teams and you'll be pleased to hear that the speculation is that they may play the Seahawks !
Butch View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:02pm

would many Americans travel for the games to the UK? what kinda figures are the attendance reaching?
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Butch Butch wrote:

would many Americans travel for the games to the UK? what kinda figures are the attendance reaching?

The number of Americans coming over really depends on the teams - There were defo a lot of Baltimore fans over in the season just gone. I think maybe a thousand or two.
Practically all of the games sell out in London - Of all the games player here, only 1 or 2 didn't fully sell out. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:28pm
They really need good games, European fans are a lot smarter now and know when they're being fobbed off with sh*t teams. Having said that, I'll try make a game.

This game was my third in the states, I'd highly recommend it for anyone thinking of going for one, especially if you've a team you support regularly
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:36pm

They really need good games, European fans are a lot smarter now and know when they're being fobbed off with sh*t teams. Having said that, I'll try make a game.

This game was my third in the states, I'd highly recommend it for anyone thinking of going for one, especially if you've a team you support regularly

The fan base is growing all the time though.
On paper, at this stage last year, the London games did not look attractive. Yet all 4 sold out. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:41pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

On paper, at this stage last year, the London games did not look attractive. Yet all 4 sold out. 

True, it did take longer to sell them though but you're right, they'll probably still sell out. They could still send one decent game a year, the talk of two division games is exciting, would do a lot for the series.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 7:48pm

True, it did take longer to sell them though but you're right, they'll probably still sell out. They could still send one decent game a year, the talk of two division games is exciting, would do a lot for the series.

I'd love more marquee games but there are so many factors involved - TV schedules, home teams will to give up games, teams season schedules etc etc that it some ways their options are limited in terms of what games they can have. Alistair Kirkwood did say they were trying to work towards getting the remaining teams over who haven't been over yet. 
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:05pm
Heard that too, it should be a good year in that the jags are now a good team and oakland, rams and chargers should be over
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2018 at 8:57pm
I'd sooner travel to Oakland to see the Raiders than go see em in London.

So I'll have two Raiders games next season if anything
You don't know Bo?

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 8:20am

Raiders are going to be one of the home teams and you'll be pleased to hear that the speculation is that they may play the Seahawks !

Id love if that was one but i wouldnt be surprised if this game was scheduled for Mexico
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 9:10am
Are season ticket holders of teams who give up home advantage to play abroad not against this? Not to mention their fans in general when their team is losing home advantage to play at a neutral venue?
Bo Jackson View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bo Jackson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 9:16am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Are season ticket holders of teams who give up home advantage to play abroad not against this? Not to mention their fans in general when their team is losing home advantage to play at a neutral venue?

It's been a main point of contention for Oakland fans who will now have given up a honme game 3 out of the last 4 years for these international series. City based fans who are already losing the team to Vegas anyways in 2 years time shouldn't have to give up any more home games but I feel the owner Mark Davis doesn't think about it like that and is purely looking at from a business point of view.
You don't know Bo?

Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Charlton's Child Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 9:19am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I know from an owners point of view if you want to host the SuperBowl playing one of these's internatioanl games is required from the team.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 3:55pm
Eagles playing in London - Philly will be happy !
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 2018 at 4:03pm
Three decent games
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 286287288289290 329>
  Share Topic