You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : Other Forums : Whatever!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Guinness drinkers??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guinness drinkers??
    Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:24am

Lads, just wondering. Are there many Guinness drinkers on here and if so, what will you do for Arthurs Day.

I did an interview with their Brand Manager and there seems to be a good lot organised for this year.

http://www.newstalk.ie/2011/featured-three-media-player/a-toast-to-arthur/

Let me know what you think.
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
hulkhogan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hulkhogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:26am
I drink Guiness, fuking love it. Will probably be working Arthurs day though
ShamtheRam View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShamtheRam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:30am
I drink Guinness. Can only have about 5 pints of the stuff before I feel like exploding.
YBIG NPF founder and CEO
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:32am
Agree sham, Guinness is like a sunday dinner. 
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:49am
I drink Guinness,its my favorite drink but it can be tough to get a good pint depending on where your drinking or what type of pub it is.I wont do anything for Arthurs day,went to the gig last year out at the brewery but I'm not bothered this year,its just a marketing ploy.
green dragon View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote green dragon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 11:08am
Best man for my brother on arthurs day this year. Don't really drink Guinness but will prob have one or two to settle any nerves before the speech.
jackshat View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton
Jack shat in case you're wondering

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackshat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I drink Guinness,its my favorite drink but it can be tough to get a good pint depending on where your drinking or what type of pub it is.I wont do anything for Arthurs day,went to the gig last year out at the brewery but I'm not bothered this year,its just a marketing ploy.

This. 

I didn't mind them doing it for the 250th anniversary but it is becoming a bit tedious now. 
It's Jack Shat
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:07pm
Gigging in The Glenside in Churchtown, ballad session 8-10, I think there are a few bands on.

Will be sinking a few that night.
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:26pm

Every year its on a thursday, I wonder why.....

Love guinness could drink it til the cows come home but Arthurs day is a joke. For the 250th fair enough but another 2 years on FFS.

I probably will be and hope I am working next thursday night.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:57pm
I like a nice cold silky pint. Fookin hate when its not cold enough and tastes rotten like the horrible pint you get in the berkeley.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I like a nice cold silky pint. Fookin hate when its not cold enough and tastes rotten like the horrible pint you get in the berkeley.

Was in England all weekend and couldnt get a decent pint anywhere and had to drink pissy lager everywhere I went.Couldnt wait to drink a few nice pints down the local last night.

BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 1:12pm
I'll be prob headin to Dakota straight after work, a mate got tickets for there, anyone know wot it's like?

Love a few pints of Guinness but couldn't drink at all nite, 5-6 pints max!!
Ireland4ever View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ireland4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 1:35pm

Of course it is, an from a marketing point of view its an excellent one. I saw all ages drinking guinness last year on ''Arthurs Day'', whoever came up with this idea is a genius.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 11:13pm
I love a nice pint of Guinness but its a very inconsistent beer and tastes rotten when not perfect.

Even getting a perfect pint in one pub one day and you return another day and it tastes different. Frustrating.

PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 11:54pm
Anyone drink cans of Guinness ? Lots of Guinness drinkers including myself , love to talk about the quality of Guinness in the pubs we frequent. A local man who drinks about 15 pints everyday was once bemused by this type of chat and told me without flinching " I don't think I ever got a bad pint "
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Anyone drink cans of Guinness ? Lots of Guinness drinkers including myself , love to talk about the quality of Guinness in the pubs we frequent. A local man who drinks about 15 pints everyday was once bemused by this type of chat and told me without flinching " I don't think I ever got a bad pint "

I have chats about Guinness a lot. Never really drank cans of the stuff. been years since I have even had one. Can't remember much about the taste just remembereing I wasn't as impressed as draught Guinness.  For me the perfect pint has a very white head, moisture on the outside of the glass, and goes down like silk.

A bad pint has a yellowish tint in the head, tastes more sour and less fresh and seems to get stale before you have drank half of it.

I know a big culchie lad who drinks in this sh*te bar where in my opinion the Guinness is dodgy.  I was chatting to him one time as he was gulping down pints of the stuff and I asked him how was the Guinness.  He says ''The finesht!'' and he was gulping down pure muck imo.

Speaking of bad Guinness, the Berekely Hotel (now deceased RIP) had the worst Guinness.  The stuff was totally the wrong temperature. Was lukewarm and no moisture on the outside of the glass. Was a rip off as well. 5.20 I think it was and this was around 3-4 years ago.

Edited by Trap junior - 06 Sep 2018 at 12:10am

The Huntacha View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Huntacha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 9:22am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

I have chats about Guinness a lot. Never really drank cans of the stuff. been years since I have even had one. Can't remember much about the taste just remembereing I wasn't as impressed as draught Guinness.  For me the perfect pint has a very white head, moisture on the outside of the glass, and goes down like silk.

A bad pint has a yellowish tint in the head, tastes more sour and less fresh and seems to get stale before you have drank half of it.

I know a big culchie lad who drinks in this sh*te bar where in my opinion the Guinness is dodgy.  I was chatting to him one time as he was gulping down pints of the stuff and I asked him how was the Guinness.  He says ''The finesht!'' and he was gulping down pure muck imo.

Speaking of bad Guinness, the Berekely Hotel (now deceased RIP) had the worst Guinness.  The stuff was totally the wrong temperature. Was lukewarm and no moisture on the outside of the glass. Was a rip off as well. 5.20 I think it was and this was around 3-4 years ago.

This is absolutely crucial.

Also, nothing worse than when they don't let the pint settle and you have the pint 2 minutes after you ordered it.
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."
irelandfan View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 12:52pm
I've started to Drink the Black stuff the past 7 months can honestly say it's the nicest alcoholic drink I've ever had. Definitely an acquired taste though  and the next morning the need for a good aul sh*te is never as strong could we get a list of boozers in the capital that do great ones it I've tried very nice ones in the below please add a few Clap. Don't mention the storehouse.
Gravediggers Glasnevin just simply magnificent Heart
Brogans Dame Street 
Confession Box Marlborough Street
Kennedys Drumcondra

Edited by irelandfan - 05 Oct 2018 at 12:52pm
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 17>
  Share Topic