Forum Description: Anything else going on
URL: https://forum.ybig.ie/forum_posts.asp?TID=32592
Printed Date: 27 Apr 2024 at 10:56pm
Software Version: Web Wiz Forums 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com

Topic: Guinness drinkers??
Posted By: davekoolhill
Subject: Guinness drinkers??
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:24am

Lads, just wondering. Are there many Guinness drinkers on here and if so, what will you do for Arthurs Day.

I did an interview with their Brand Manager and there seems to be a good lot organised for this year.
http://www.newstalk.ie/2011/featured-three-media-player/a-toast-to-arthur/ -
http://www.newstalk.ie/2011/featured-three-media-player/a-toast-to-arthur/

Let me know what you think.

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Replies:
Posted By: hulkhogan
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:26am
I drink Guiness, fuking love it. Will probably be working Arthurs day though

Posted By: ShamtheRam
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:30am
I drink Guinness. Can only have about 5 pints of the stuff before I feel like exploding.

-------------
YBIG NPF founder and CEO

Posted By: davekoolhill
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:32am
Agree sham, Guinness is like a sunday dinner. 

-------------
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/DaveOGrady1" rel="nofollow - DaveOGrady1

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 10:49am
I drink Guinness,its my favorite drink but it can be tough to get a good pint depending on where your drinking or what type of pub it is.I wont do anything for Arthurs day,went to the gig last year out at the brewery but I'm not bothered this year,its just a marketing ploy.

Posted By: green dragon
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 11:08am
Best man for my brother on arthurs day this year. Don't really drink Guinness but will prob have one or two to settle any nerves before the speech.

Posted By: jackshat
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

I drink Guinness,its my favorite drink but it can be tough to get a good pint depending on where your drinking or what type of pub it is.I wont do anything for Arthurs day,went to the gig last year out at the brewery but I'm not bothered this year,its just a marketing ploy.

This. 

I didn't mind them doing it for the 250th anniversary but it is becoming a bit tedious now. 

-------------
It's Jack Shat

Posted By: FREEWHEELER
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:07pm
Gigging in The Glenside in Churchtown, ballad session 8-10, I think there are a few bands on.

Will be sinking a few that night.

-------------
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....

Posted By: Pipkin
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:26pm

Every year its on a thursday, I wonder why.....

Love guinness could drink it til the cows come home but Arthurs day is a joke. For the 250th fair enough but another 2 years on FFS.

I probably will be and hope I am working next thursday night.

Posted By: Trap junior
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 12:57pm
I like a nice cold silky pint. Fookin hate when its not cold enough and tastes rotten like the horrible pint you get in the berkeley.

-------------
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)

Posted By: rossieman
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I like a nice cold silky pint. Fookin hate when its not cold enough and tastes rotten like the horrible pint you get in the berkeley.

Was in England all weekend and couldnt get a decent pint anywhere and had to drink pissy lager everywhere I went.Couldnt wait to drink a few nice pints down the local last night.

Posted By: BigPodge
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 1:12pm
I'll be prob headin to Dakota straight after work, a mate got tickets for there, anyone know wot it's like?

Love a few pints of Guinness but couldn't drink at all nite, 5-6 pints max!!

-------------

Posted By: Ireland4ever
Date Posted: 12 Sep 2011 at 1:35pm

Of course it is, an from a marketing point of view its an excellent one. I saw all ages drinking guinness last year on ''Arthurs Day'', whoever came up with this idea is a genius.

Date Posted: 04 Sep 2018 at 11:13pm
I love a nice pint of Guinness but its a very inconsistent beer and tastes rotten when not perfect.

Even getting a perfect pint in one pub one day and you return another day and it tastes different. Frustrating.

-------------

Posted By: PanteirA
Date Posted: 05 Sep 2018 at 11:54pm
Anyone drink cans of Guinness ? Lots of Guinness drinkers including myself , love to talk about the quality of Guinness in the pubs we frequent. A local man who drinks about 15 pints everyday was once bemused by this type of chat and told me without flinching " I don't think I ever got a bad pint "

Date Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 12:08am
Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

Anyone drink cans of Guinness ? Lots of Guinness drinkers including myself , love to talk about the quality of Guinness in the pubs we frequent. A local man who drinks about 15 pints everyday was once bemused by this type of chat and told me without flinching " I don't think I ever got a bad pint "

I have chats about Guinness a lot. Never really drank cans of the stuff. been years since I have even had one. Can't remember much about the taste just remembereing I wasn't as impressed as draught Guinness.  For me the perfect pint has a very white head, moisture on the outside of the glass, and goes down like silk.

A bad pint has a yellowish tint in the head, tastes more sour and less fresh and seems to get stale before you have drank half of it.

I know a big culchie lad who drinks in this sh*te bar where in my opinion the Guinness is dodgy.  I was chatting to him one time as he was gulping down pints of the stuff and I asked him how was the Guinness.  He says ''The finesht!'' and he was gulping down pure muck imo.

Speaking of bad Guinness, the Berekely Hotel (now deceased RIP) had the worst Guinness.  The stuff was totally the wrong temperature. Was lukewarm and no moisture on the outside of the glass. Was a rip off as well. 5.20 I think it was and this was around 3-4 years ago.

-------------

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 06 Sep 2018 at 9:22am

Originally posted by PanteirA PanteirA wrote:

I have chats about Guinness a lot. Never really drank cans of the stuff. been years since I have even had one. Can't remember much about the taste just remembereing I wasn't as impressed as draught Guinness.  For me the perfect pint has a very white head, moisture on the outside of the glass, and goes down like silk.

A bad pint has a yellowish tint in the head, tastes more sour and less fresh and seems to get stale before you have drank half of it.

I know a big culchie lad who drinks in this sh*te bar where in my opinion the Guinness is dodgy.  I was chatting to him one time as he was gulping down pints of the stuff and I asked him how was the Guinness.  He says ''The finesht!'' and he was gulping down pure muck imo.

Speaking of bad Guinness, the Berekely Hotel (now deceased RIP) had the worst Guinness.  The stuff was totally the wrong temperature. Was lukewarm and no moisture on the outside of the glass. Was a rip off as well. 5.20 I think it was and this was around 3-4 years ago.

This is absolutely crucial.

Also, nothing worse than when they don't let the pint settle and you have the pint 2 minutes after you ordered it.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: irelandfan
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 12:52pm
I've started to Drink the Black stuff the past 7 months can honestly say it's the nicest alcoholic drink I've ever had. Definitely an acquired taste though  and the next morning the need for a good aul sh*te is never as strong could we get a list of boozers in the capital that do great ones it I've tried very nice ones in the below please add a few Clap. Don't mention the storehouse.
Gravediggers Glasnevin just simply magnificent Heart
Brogans Dame Street 
Confession Box Marlborough Street
Kennedys Drumcondra

-------------
I'm the gaffer whatever I say goes.

Posted By: Denis Irwin
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

I've started to Drink the Black stuff the past 7 months can honestly say it's the nicest alcoholic drink I've ever had. Definitely an acquired taste though  and the next morning the need for a good aul sh*te is never as strong could we get a list of boozers in the capital that do great ones it I've tried very nice ones in the below please add a few Clap. Don't mention the storehouse.
Brogans Dame Street 
Kennedys Drumcondra

Walshe's in Stoneybatter. Absolutely tremendous pint Heart

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn

Posted By: GB 1HughJarse
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:22pm
Worked in a pub years ago.
4 Guinness taps.
The last one “No. 4” was used to top up the pints.
When a Guinness keg was empty, a funnel would be pushed into the top of the keg to get all the air/gas out.
Then the collection trays (that catch all the spilt beer/lager under the taps) would be poured into the keg using the funnel.
The keg would be reattached to No.4 and the pints would be topped up with this.
So if you are getting bad pints watch which taps they are using to pour and then top up.
Gross.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by GB 1HughJarse GB 1HughJarse wrote:

4 Guinness taps.
When a Guinness keg was empty, a funnel would be pushed into the top of the keg to get all the air/gas out.
Then the collection trays (that catch all the spilt beer/lager under the taps) would be poured into the keg using the funnel.
So if you are getting bad pints watch which taps they are using to pour and then top up.
Gross.

Dead

Had 2 pints last night and they were skank imo. It's actually been about 3 months since I had a nice pint of the stuff.

-------------

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by irelandfan irelandfan wrote:

Brogans Dame Street 
Kennedys Drumcondra

The Dame Tavern
The Bankers
Ryans
Bowes
Chaplins

Posted By: lassassinblanc
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:28pm
Have actually become a Guinness fan over the last few years used to hate it 

Posted By: MC Hammered
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:38pm

4 Guinness taps.
Gross.

They were topping up pints of Guinness with lager spillover? That's pretty grim. 

-------------
El Puto Amo

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:45pm
I live in London and don't bother trying pints in random pubs anymore. The bar staff are all useless. I've found only 2 pubs that have consistent good guinness here, neither are convenient for me and I've lived here for 7 years. I always go back on the black stuff when I'm home. 

Posted By: the_walls
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:50pm

4 Guinness taps.
Gross.

That's outrageous DeadDead

Surely that can't be legal.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:51pm
Members Bar in Dalymount does a great pint of Guinness 

Posted By: Zinedine Kilbane 110
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by KING-CON KING-CON wrote:

I live in London and don't bother trying pints in random pubs anymore. The bar staff are all useless. I've found only 2 pubs that have consistent good guinness here, neither are convenient for me and I've lived here for 7 years. I always go back on the black stuff when I'm home. 

Try the Ramble Inn in Tooting.

Good Guinness and excellent service (which is unheard of in London).

-------------

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 1:58pm
Only drink it when i'm back home,  get a lovely pint in the knights in shannon.
I always thought that the guinness tasting different in england was a myth but it's absolute muck here, I've had a nice pint in Liverpool but nowhere else. No idea why.

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Posted By: AntrimMan
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Seconded. 

-------------
@AntrimMan85

Posted By: Devrozex
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:15pm
Toners
Stag's Head
Grogans
Kehoes
Long Hall

Posted By: OohAah...
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:18pm
Cummiskeys... 
Members bar Dalymount... 
Taveys

Posted By: Trigboy 10
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:26pm
Steering Wheel in Clondalkin, Harkins next door to Guinness is good aswell. The standard in Leicester also does a great pint 

Posted By: The Huntacha
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Devrozex Devrozex wrote:

Toners
Stag's Head
Grogans
Kehoes
Long Hall

Best pint in New York City.

-------------
Jimmy Bullard - "Favorite band? Elastic."

Posted By: mbyrne15
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by Trigboy 10 Trigboy 10 wrote:

Steering Wheel in Clondalkin, Harkins next door to Guinness is good aswell. The standard in Leicester also does a great pint 

Three great pubs for the black stuff Clap

Posted By: KING-CON
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 2:57pm

Cheers! Never been there. The 2 I know of are the Toucan in Soho and The Hop Pole in Wandsworth.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 3:11pm

Cheers! Never been there. The 2 I know of are the Toucan in Soho and The Hop Pole in Wandsworth.

Toucan is good.
Not been to the Hop Pole so will give that a try. 

-------------

Posted By: horsebox
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 3:14pm
Stout really is the devils buttermilk.

Would have always been a lager or beer drinker but now Guinness all way.

Just can't get enough of it.

-------------
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to

Posted By: pre Madonna
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by AntrimMan AntrimMan wrote:

Seconded. 
Thirded.

The Mother Red Cap in Archway is decent too.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Bob Hoskins
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 4:21pm
In Dublin 8 

The Paitriots Inn
The Royal Oak

Amd the best pint of Guinness in the city I have found is Lowes on Cork Street, Dublin 8 

-------------
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 4:42pm
The Patriots is one of my favourite pubs

-------------

Posted By: McG
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:06pm

Really?

Think its a kip. Only been in it once mind. 

-------------
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Really?

The one in Kilmainham?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:11pm

Really?

The one in Kilmainham?

Yeah.

Looks smashing from outside, walked in and was quite unimpressed. Lousy seats and layout.

The type of banquet pub seating you cannot find a groove in. 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

In Dublin 8 

The Paitriots Inn
The Royal Oak

Amd the best pint of Guinness in the city I have found is Lowes on Cork Street, Dublin 8 

Only been in the once but a lovely pint indeed Clap

-------------
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:17pm

Really?

The one in Kilmainham?

Yeah.

Looks smashing from outside, walked in and was quite unimpressed. Lousy seats and layout.

The type of banquet pub seating you cannot find a groove in. 

I liked the bar at the Liffey side of the pub

-------------

Posted By: Newryrep
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 5:39pm
Seamus O Donnells - Bristol

-------------
'Irish' Songs for an Irish team - no SPL EPL generic sh*te
Richard Dunne - 6th Sept 11 - best marshalling of a defence in Moscow since General Zukov Russia V Germany 1941

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 6:36pm
had a few pints of Guinness in the confession box on Marlborough Street with nvidic and eire32 last week. Lovely pints there. A hidden gem of a pub

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 6:39pm
Originally posted by thebronze14 thebronze14 wrote:

had a few pints of Guinness in the confession box on Marlborough Street with nvidic and eire32 last week. Lovely pints there. A hidden gem of a pub

Sssssssshhhh ffs 

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 7:13pm

Cracker of a pub alright

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 7:17pm

The pints are free but you have to wank off the priest

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Oct 2018 at 11:44pm

Had one there last Monday great pint Clap

-------------

Posted By: McNulty
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:58am
Joiners arms in Lewisham has the best Guinness in London

Posted By: corkery
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 10:28am
A fiver a pint up by Dalymount park, what a rip off.

-------------
'The younger generation as in 17 -25 are certainly gayer than their predecessors. I think they may cause the extinction of the human race with their activities.'- Baldrick

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 10:42am
Originally posted by corkery corkery wrote:

€5 for a pint in Dublin is reasonable. Guinness is €4.70 in Dalymount. 

Posted By: 9fingers
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 10:47am
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

I’ve never tried the Guinness in Dalymount! Must give it a go, would usually be wary of bars that only open once a week when drinking Guinness 

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 10:52am
6:50e a pint in the Trinity on Dame St

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 10:56am
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

I’ve never tried the Guinness in Dalymount! Must give it a go, would usually be wary of bars that only open once a week when drinking Guinness 

I've never had any complaints anyway Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 11:27am

Price can vary. From 4.20 upwards, but always get change out of a fiver. The way they get them out at half time and still deliver a quality pint is class. Barman takes pride in the pint of Guinness, proper barman.

Posted By: Claret Murph
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 1:37pm
Funny really in the last 22 years that i have been living back in Ireland i have never had a pint outside of Ireland . Now i do recall 18 year ago i was forced to have a glass in Melbourne as my mate said it's just like Guinness in Dublin , my reply was " Paddy you have spent too many years living here you need yo go home " 
The best country in the world to drink Guinness  is Ireland and the best city for a pint is Dublin .

-------------
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .

Posted By: thebronze14
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 2:17pm

The bohemian red is a lovely pint there

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 2:30pm
Becky Morgans on Grand Canal St does a lovely pint Clap

-------------

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 2:35pm

4 Guinness taps.
Gross.

This is outrageously disgusting. 
What kind of tight miserable bastard was your boss FFS?
It not even like there's much money to be saved using this method.

Posted By: GreenArmy!
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 2:40pm

Members Bar in Dalymount does a great pint of Guinness 
Non-stop flow on matchdays.
Always perfect.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 2:50pm

The bohemian red is a lovely pint there
Very nice Thumbs Up

Posted By: oldbilly
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:34pm
yep and the temple lager, these are porterhouse brews I think very nice pre match throat loosener! Lager is 5€ very reasonable for close to city centre.

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by OohAah... OohAah... wrote:

Price can vary. From 4.20 upwards, but always get change out of a fiver. The way they get them out at half time and still deliver a quality pint is class. Barman takes pride in the pint of Guinness, proper barman.

Guinness is decent in Dalymount. It's never a fiver, €4.70 with an extra 10% members discount if you can be arsed claiming it, sometimes they'll give it without the card but most are happy enough to let the money go to the club and don't look for it. 

They either saw Corkery coming or else he's causing mischief looking for a rise....

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:02pm
Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

Guinness is decent in Dalymount. It's never a fiver, €4.70 with an extra 10% members discount if you can be arsed claiming it, sometimes they'll give it without the card but most are happy enough to let the money go to the club and don't look for it. 

They either saw Corkery coming or else he's causing mischief looking for a rise....
He said 'by' Dalymount Park, not in it.

-------------
Greed has won, big finance has won. Whatever small role elite clubs still play in the local communities from which they grew is dwarfed now by their position as global brands.

Posted By: Drumcondra 69er
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by Drumcondra 69er Drumcondra 69er wrote:

He said 'by' Dalymount Park, not in it.

Ah right. Fiver not a bad price that close to the city to be honest these days. Cheaper than that in the likes of Hedigans close by.

-------------
Blog: http://afalsefirstxi.blogspot.ie/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI
Twitter: @afalsefirstxi
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/afalsefirstxi/" rel="nofollow - A False First XI

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by GreenArmy! GreenArmy! wrote:

4 Guinness taps.
Gross.

This is outrageously disgusting. 
What kind of tight miserable bastard was your boss FFS?
It not even like there's much money to be saved using this method.

Loads of money to be made, we’d often have 2 kegs of the stuff.....80 pints in a keg, pints were probably €3 back then so that’s €240 per keg of slop.
Also Carling/Fosters were sold as Heineken/Carslberg from a tap that had no label.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:08pm
Name and shame?

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:12pm
How did nobody notice!?

-------------

Posted By: DonkeyOatey
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:30pm
Mulligan's, Bowes. Honourable mention for JK Stoutmans  on James' St, used to charge 3.80 a pint last year, up to 4.60 now but not a bad pint at all. 

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:33pm
A bar on Baggot St selling Heino Light to punters as Heino. Happened to me on 2 occasions before matches. 
Presuming they are shifting the stuff during busy periods hoping punters wouldn’t notice. You don’t fool the BSM easily Clap

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 6:43pm
Did you hold them to account BSM?

-------------
AS YOU WERE McGx

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:01pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Name and shame?

It’s closed now

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:01pm

How did nobody notice!?

The regulars knew.....”don’t go near that tap at the end”

Posted By: BigStrongMan
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:15pm

Did you hold them to account BSM?
Yes son,I lashed em outra it...knew by there eyes that they were trying to con me. Ye just don’t f**k with a mans beer,ye just don’t do it 

-------------
PM me for all forum moderation queries.

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:18pm

How did nobody notice!?

The regulars knew.....”don’t go near that tap at the end”
No wonder it is closed! To save a few bob he must have cost himself a lot of customers.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:26pm
When you drink in Poland you realise the absolute muck we get to drink here and from filthy glasses.  Was really impressed with the tall beer glasses that could fit a pint and yet have a couple of inches short of the brim at the top so they aren't overflowing and spilling everywhere when you carry them back to your seat. And they have some sort of power washer gadget for your glass just before they pour your beer so your pint glass looks spotless, no leftover Baby Guinness taste off the glass or streaks.  I fooking hate here when the barman has your pint overflowing and the beer running down the side of the glass and having to wipe the drip off the bottom.   Got a few horrific pints lately. One Guinness was the worst thing I have ever tasted. Some Jung Fella behind the bar pulled it. Had a head on it the size of a drive in movie theatre and the glass tasted of vinegar residue.  I drank about 1/3 of it before telling him to take that thing back and told him it was the worst pint of Guinness I have ever tasted.  Got another Guinness a few nights back with more bubbles in the head than a fookin jacuzzi.  Another crime against humanity.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:28pm
Hate when they wet the glass on the continent, removes the head and impairs flavour. All beer should be served in a clear, dry glass.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:39pm

Hate when they wet the glass on the continent, removes the head and impairs flavour. All beer should be served in a clear, dry glass.
Yeah exactly. Probably The reason them glass washers TJ is on about never really caught on here or in the UK 

Posted By: Flanno7hi
Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 8:46pm

The Czechs say they soak the glass so the beer stays cold and the foam stays thick. Have you had a pilsner urquell buddy? It's nearly all head. 

-------------
Our City. Our Community. Our Club
IG @flanno_7hi

Date Posted: 06 Oct 2018 at 9:03pm
Indeed, a great lager, but when served in a clean dry glass. They add extra head to compensate for the wetness of the glass.

-------------

Date Posted: 16 Dec 2019 at 11:14pm
Tried some new Stout in different places around the City the past few weeks and very Impressed from recommendations. Still hard to beat Gravediggers and Tom Kennedys but there was some fantastic pints in the below list of pubs. ClapClap
The Foggy Dew
The Long Hall
Grogans 
The Windjammer
The Hairy Lemon

-------------

Posted By: kevincronin2000
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 12:39am
Originally posted by irelandfan<b> irelandfan wrote:

Tried some new Stout
in different places around the City the past few weeks and very Impressed from recommendations. Still hard to beat Gravediggers and Tom Kennedys but there was some fantastic pints in the below list of pubs. ClapClap
The Foggy Dew
The Long Hall
Grogans 
The Windjammer
The Hairy Lemon

As a matter of Interest what stouts have you tried, find it difficult to move away from Guinness or Beamish myself. I'm sure there are other decent options out there but I'd be afraid of spending days on the bowl.

-------------
time is the stuff that life is made of, don't waste it.

Posted By: Paulie
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:15am
Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan<strong> irelandfan wrote:

Tried some new Stout
in different places around the City the past few weeks and very Impressed from recommendations. Still hard to beat Gravediggers and Tom Kennedys but there was some fantastic pints in the below list of pubs. ClapClap
The Foggy Dew
The Long Hall
Grogans 
The Windjammer
The Hairy Lemon

As a matter of Interest what stouts have you tried, find it difficult to move away from Guinness or Beamish myself. I'm sure there are other decent options out there but I'd be afraid of spending days on the bowl.

Judging from some of the pubs on that list I doubt he means different stouts that are new to him. I could be wrong but I think he means he tried Guinness in a number of pubs that are new to him.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 9:58am
Ryan's in Beggars Bush in a quality pint

Mulligan's overrated for Guinness

-------------

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:02am
Slattery’s in Rathmines would have my vote. Lots to recommend it, including the good Guinness.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:17am
Got a horrific pint in the Cobblestone on Saturday.

-------------
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:29am

Was in there about 4 months back and felt as sick as f**k after two pints. Never got that before from Guinness. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:36am
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Was in there about 4 months back and felt as sick as f**k after two pints. Never got that before from Guinness. 

Mulligans?

Been in it about 3 times over the last year.  Nowhere near as good a pint as a lot of other places. Wrong temperature for me.

-------------

Posted By: irishmufc
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 10:41am

Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Mulligans?

Been in it about 3 times over the last year.  Nowhere near as good a pint as a lot of other places. Wrong temperature for me.

Yah Mulligans. Ryan's is excellent  at handling large pre-match crowds and you're never waiting too long to get served. 

-------------
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.

Posted By: cliffrichard
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:45am
If you want to get really upset, have a look at "sh*tlondonguinness" on Instagram.

Some of the muck served up in London is shocking.

Posted By: Het-field
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:56am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

If you want to get really upset, have a look at "sh*tlondonguinness" on Instagram.

It almost breaks my heart when I see people in the UK drinking Guinness out of Fosters glasses.

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 11:57am
Originally posted by cliffrichard cliffrichard wrote:

Bar service in general in London is horrific.

-------------

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:23pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Originally posted by kevincronin2000 kevincronin2000 wrote:

Originally posted by irelandfan<strong> irelandfan wrote:

Tried some new Stout
The Foggy Dew
The Long Hall
Grogans 
The Windjammer
The Hairy Lemon

Judging from some of the pubs on that list I doubt he means different stouts that are new to him. I could be wrong but I think he means he tried Guinness in a number of pubs that are new to him.
Correct should have been clearer only Guinness for me. 

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:27pm
As for some of the comments I'm shocked about the Cobblestone being poor. As for Ryans I think it's an overated pub and the pint isn't nothing special to me almost too cold which ruins the taste many here seem to love it but don't think it's nothing special for me personally. 

-------------

Posted By: Cabra Hoop
Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:37pm
Confession Box best at the moment around town...

-------------
" BFC always gives me a laugh........ "

Date Posted: 17 Dec 2019 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Cabra Hoop Cabra Hoop wrote:

Confession Box best at the moment around town...
Agreed Ballad sessions on Friday and Saturday Class too Clap

-------------

Print Page | Close Window

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.00 - http://www.webwizforums.com
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd. - https://www.webwiz.net