Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 246>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 9:38pm
Wud Celtic be paying anyone 25 grand a week?
I love beer gardens
Sponsored Links

Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Aug 2021 at 9:46pm
Maybe they could sign Brady too and just take out a massive insurance policy.
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 12:32am
Celtic already in freefall showing total desperation by signing Mccarthy up for 4 years. He will have a few decent games, more anonymous ones, and even more games that he won't feature in because he's on the treatment table. Fair play to him for getting a 4 year deal though, Jeff Hendrick may have been giving the pep talk on that one.

Seriously though, if there was ever a sign that Kenny needs to transition this team, then this is it. Mccarthy has been a passenger for years and now hes dropping down a level. Theres no longer the excuse that hes a Premier League player to justify his selection. 
ConorMac77 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ConorMac77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 12:51am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Celtic already in freefall showing total desperation by signing Mccarthy up for 4 years. He will have a few decent games, more anonymous ones, and even more games that he won't feature in because he's on the treatment table. Fair play to him for getting a 4 year deal though, Jeff Hendrick may have been giving the pep talk on that one.

Seriously though, if there was ever a sign that Kenny needs to transition this team, then this is it. Mccarthy has been a passenger for years and now hes dropping down a level. Theres no longer the excuse that hes a Premier League player to justify his selection. 
He must have one hell of an agent. LOL
The nation holds it's breath...YES, WE'RE THERE!!!
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 1:08am
Best of luck to him. Dropping down a level is maybe what he needs at this stage, he hadnโ€™t really got any hope of getting a
Prem club and going โ€˜homeโ€™ to Celtic in the twilight of his career while still making as much as he likely could have got in the championship and a 4 year deal, he has done a great deal for himself. 
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 8:33am
It was also a lifelong ambition of his to play for Celtic. He grew up supporting them and coming home at this stage of his career is clearly what he wanted, rather than grinding out the rest of it with a Premiership team in the lower half. He has shown he can still play at that level with Crystal Palace. If he is now fully recovered from injury, and look how Seamus Coleman came back from a similar one, then this will be an excellent piece of business for Celtic and likewise good news for Ireland.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 8:45am
Originally posted by Heimatklange Heimatklange wrote:

Glen Kamara was head and shoulders the best player on the park for Finland against us, and he plays for Rangers.

Just because he now plays for Celtic doesn't make him a poor player.

It could be a good move for him, lets wait and see.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:06am
4 year contract ffs ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ if that doesnโ€™t have clauses in it related to appearances, Celtic are gobsh*tes.
AKA pedantic kunt
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 9:37am
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

4 year contract ffs ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ if that doesnโ€™t have clauses in it related to appearances, Celtic are gobsh*tes.

How do you know there are no clauses.
Did you read the contact?

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Double Maxim View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Double Maxim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:34am
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

How do you know there are no clauses.
Did you read the contact?

Probably a pay as you play element in the contract. 
Double Maxim without doubt the greatest drink in the world
doherty View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Teenage Kicks, so hard to beat

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 10:35am
pay me or i dont play says James
I love beer gardens
colemanY2K View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Fresh minty breath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colemanY2K Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 11:08am

according to transfermarkt he only missed three premier league matches last season due to injury. he is currently fully fit. 

this is a good deal for ireland, celtic and james.

Edited by colemanY2K - 04 Aug 2021 at 11:09am
"One of the dominant facts in English life during the past three quarters of a century has been the decay of ability in the ruling class." Orwell, 1942.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 11:11am
Originally posted by colemanY2K colemanY2K wrote:

according to transfermarkt he only missed three premier league matches last season due to injury. he is currently fully fit. 

this is a good deal for ireland, celtic and james.

I like transfermarkt for information on players colemany2k but it's horrifically unreliable so I wouldn't reference it for such things as injuries.
zizu Kilbane View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zizu Kilbane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 12:20pm
I can see James packing in international football on the back of this move. Heโ€™s too injury prone and will need to be managed carefully. Celtic have shown loads of fate in him with the 4 year deal. If they can keep him fit, heโ€™s probably the best midfielder in the SPL. 

"Sometimes, sh*t happens, someone's gotta deal with it, and who ya gonna call?"
PanteirA View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanteirA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Aug 2021 at 1:27pm
I had a dream/nightmare last night that Celtic took out a massive insurance policy on McCarthy and reaped the rewards in due course. James interested in coaching I wonder?
gazurtoids View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gazurtoids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2021 at 3:00pm
Is he injured already or taking some time out to acclimatise to the Glasgow weather...couple months should do it?
Badgersboys9 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Badgersboys9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 2:16pm
Not in the squad today. Never heard anything regarding an injury?
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2021 at 2:18pm
Doesn't make the bench again today.

He looked a bit rusty and off the pace the other night. 
He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 237238239240241 246>
  Share Topic