Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 246>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 10:43am
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

How is it nonsense?

He's make himself unavailable for nearly 4 years. He's returned from injury approx Dec 2018 and his decided to turn down a call up.

Another classic LOL

He last played in 2016. Which is 4 years.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 10:49am
Your idea of "making himself unavailable" is all wrong.

Stephen Ireland made himself unavailable while fit, James McCarthy was injured and wasn't available for selection for large portions of that.

Edited by Green Devil - 08 Mar 2020 at 10:50am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 10:50am

How is it nonsense?

He's make himself unavailable for nearly 4 years. He's returned from injury approx Dec 2018 and his decided to turn down a call up.

This is a great example of the nonsense.

He was out of action for a lot of 2017, overlapping with our World Cup Qualifier dates. Once back in action he broke his leg, which kept him out for the balance of Martin O’Neill’s tenure. His rehabilitation at top level actually concluded on Easter Sunday last year, when he subbed on against Manchester United, and didn’t play a top level game again until his first appearance for Palace in 2019 after the move. He was injured for all of Ireland’s fixtures after Austria in Vienna, up to, and including the games in June 2019 when he had no football under his belt.

He hasn’t withdrawn from the international arena for four years (again, he played throughout 2016 so the “four years claim” is not even nonsense, just wrong. After that he was injured for well over 2.5 years, and much of the rest involved full rehabilitation after injury.
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 10:51am

Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

How is it nonsense?

Another classic LOL

He last played in 2016. Which is 4 years.

November 2016, which is just over three years.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 10:53am
Maybe read my post again.

"He's returned from injury approx Dec 2018 and his decided to turn down a call up."

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 10:56am
So what? He didn’t play any football until April 2019.

And what about the two and a half years he was injured?
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 11:17am
I will be surprised if he turns up.  If he does get named and actually turns up I'd be nearly expecting a 'James has returned to his club for a strain he picked up in training'.

Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 1:10pm
I don’t think James McCarthy will be included but I think Mick’s comments will not have helped things. He has created a wedge and basically said James won’t play.

I assume he will come back at the start of the next campaign .

He always showed commitment (apart from when his dad had cancer) and it even caused him hassle in the past with Everton when he was showing up even when injured. 
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

I will be surprised if he turns up.  If he does get named and actually turns up I'd be nearly expecting a 'James has returned to his club for a strain he picked up in training'.

Give over, you've said the same thing about 50 times at this stage.
We're decent enough..
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Give over, you've said the same thing about 50 times at this stage.

Then 51 won't make any difference will it?

Anyway he has the perfect get out clause with the Coronavirus.  Game might not even go ahead.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2020 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

Originally posted by King_Kenny King_Kenny wrote:

Originally posted by 9fingers 9fingers wrote:

So are we now saying Janes McCarthys commitment is Glen Whelans fault? LOL
Father with cancer and snapped leg. Thought you’d understand with your disability! 
LOLBizarre 

LOLLOLLOL
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
djhegzy View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djhegzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 9:44am
Interview with sky sports today:

He is certainly playing without inhibition again - he hopes his club form will earn him a Republic of Ireland recall and has already been in contact with new head coach Stephen Kenny - but after all he has been through, he is too superstitious to say his injury troubles are fully behind him.

thats him back anyway Clap
10 Box View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 10 Box Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 11:26am
Originally posted by djhegzy djhegzy wrote:

Interview with sky sports today:

He is certainly playing without inhibition again - he hopes his club form will earn him a Republic of Ireland recall and has already been in contact with new head coach Stephen Kenny - but after all he has been through, he is too superstitious to say his injury troubles are fully behind him.

thats him back anyway Clap

Good news
Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 1:05pm
Excellent. I don't know what was going on previously with big Mick but James has been impressive for Crystal Palace this season and will improve the Ireland midfield. Good that Stephen Kenny has made the effort to get him back in.
Fozz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 5:11pm
Yeah this is great news.
We have a solid backline and with McCarthy in front of those, and then a resurgent (!) Jeff or Molumby in front of him, we're looking at the backbone of a competitive team.
The #10 is still an issue (McGoldrick?) while we seem to be developing a plethora of strikers (Idah my personal fav to make the jump to senior level first) with the hope that one of them comes good, and soon.
Exciting times, which is why I'm so keen for the NL to happen...the more games we get in this Autumn the better.
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 7:44pm
Another that has appeared promising but ultimately disappointed.
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Cockade View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Cockade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 7:12pm
James on the bench for Palace tonight against Bournemouth. He was a regular starter for them before the break. Strange.
Left foot View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Left foot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 7:22pm
I would expect he'll see some game time tonight, more disappointing that kilkenny isnt on the Bournemouth bench 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 227228229230231 246>
  Share Topic