Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 246>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

I'd nearly play McCarthy and Whelan against Moldova and play Meyler and Hendrick against Wales.

I would probably look to rest some of Ireland players who are on yellows too.

Play Glenn Whelan, Stephen Ward, Aiden McGeady and Cyrus Christie
and rest Shane Duffy and David Meyler.

You'd have to assume we can beat Moldova at home and rest our key players for the Wales game with both Brady and McClean to come back into the team too.

Whelan should never start another competitive game for us, if we were to rest Hendrick and Meyler then O'Kane or Hourihane could be used but I would rather we played our strongest team against Moldova.

He was MOTM against Austria at home, you'd be utterly deluded if you think he will not play again.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Sponsored Links

BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:40pm

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

I'd nearly play McCarthy and Whelan against Moldova and play Meyler and Hendrick against Wales.

I would probably look to rest some of Ireland players who are on yellows too.

Play Glenn Whelan, Stephen Ward, Aiden McGeady and Cyrus Christie
and rest Shane Duffy and David Meyler.

You'd have to assume we can beat Moldova at home and rest our key players for the Wales game with both Brady and McClean to come back into the team too.

Whelan should never start another competitive game for us, if we were to rest Hendrick and Meyler then O'Kane or Hourihane could be used but I would rather we played our strongest team against Moldova.

He was MOTM against Austria at home, you'd be utterly deluded if you think he will not play again.

LOLLOLLOL

Who gave him that?

Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:44pm
Regardless, this is Whelan's last campaign as a perceived automatic starter. With a year to our next campaign, and not factoring in players who may arise in that time, it's hard to imagine him making a starting 11 barring serious amount of injuries. 
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 12:58pm
Might be a fantasy, but I'd like to see this against Moldova:

Randolph

Christie Duffy Clark Ward

Hendrick Meyler O'Kane

Maguire Murphy Horgan
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
SportingRizzlaCF View Drop Down
Alan Kernaghan
Alan Kernaghan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SportingRizzlaCF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by DeclanDaly DeclanDaly wrote:

Randolph

Hendrick Meyler O'Kane

Maguire Murphy Horgan

...and then you woke up!

Fanny MaGee View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Regardless, this is Whelan's last campaign as a perceived automatic starter. With a year to our next campaign, and not factoring in players who may arise in that time, it's hard to imagine him making a starting 11 barring serious amount of injuries. 

It should be his last campaign full stop. Euro 2012 should've been his last campaign but that's a different story for a different thread.  I wouldn't risk McCarthy in this game, he couldn't possibly be match fit. Save him for the (fingers crossed) play offs.
Ask MaGee
Pauldaly1984 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pauldaly1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 1:21pm

Randolph

Hendrick Meyler O'Kane

Maguire Murphy Horgan

I'd be disgusted if that was the team. Horgan has done nothing recently to warrant a place . I wouldn't trust o Kane either. If we played that team against Wales we'd be beaten.imo the team should be
Randy,
Christie, Duffy, Clark, ward
Mcgeady meyler Hendrick
Holohan
Long murphy

If possibly take holohan out for Wales game and replace with arter. Change to 4 4 2Depending on how Friday goes.
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by SportingRizzlaCF SportingRizzlaCF wrote:

Randolph

Hendrick Meyler O'Kane

Maguire Murphy Horgan

...and then you woke up!

Not the greatest dream I've ever had, I'll give you that!
Stickittotheman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stickittotheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 2:43pm

Randolph

Hendrick Meyler O'Kane

Maguire Murphy Horgan

My fantasy would be:

Jennifer Lawrence free role

Cheryl Cole holding

Miranda Kerr keeping goal

Emilia Clarke at the back

Kate Upton on the wing

Margot Robbie on the wing

With Rachel Riley up front.

Walters coming back from an offside position but Shane Long was definitely onside- Shane Lonnggggggg.... has done it!!!!
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

bloody ejit. [/QUOTE]

He was MOM in Vienna to be fair. The way he left that pitch after 25 minutes to make way for an actual footballer who can pass.... brilliant stuff.
Ask MaGee
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2017 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Stokes11 Stokes11 wrote:

Originally posted by amccarten313 amccarten313 wrote:

I actually think hes been pretty good for us over the years but don't think he should play in 2 crucial games when he hasn't played in months and cant even train fully

Paul McGrath couldn't train much and he played so great games for us

different class of player, we are playing moldova, McCarthy has only just returned to training (participating only 70%) and with meyler, hendrick, arter, hourihane,o'kane, etc, we have central midfielders. not a good comparison imo
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fanny MaGee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 1:57pm
Koeman just got the bullet. Hopefully whoever takes over from him rates James and starts giving him some game time.
Ask MaGee
stokeirish View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stokeirish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by Stickittotheman Stickittotheman wrote:

Randolph

Hendrick Meyler O'Kane

Maguire Murphy Horgan

My fantasy would be:

Jennifer Lawrence free role

Cheryl Cole holding

Miranda Kerr keeping goal

Emilia Clarke at the back

Kate Upton on the wing

Margot Robbie on the wing

With Rachel Riley up front.

I’m a fan of this formation 😂
BippityBoop View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BippityBoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 3:29pm
Originally posted by Fanny MaGee Fanny MaGee wrote:

Koeman just got the bullet. Hopefully whoever takes over from him rates James and starts giving him some game time.

Fingers crossed. Rumours that Dyche is being lined up as a replacement... Who seems to have an affinity to Irish lads!
kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 3:34pm
There is no way Dyche would walk away from Burnley for Everton. They are flying. It's only October. I wouldn't jump ship if I were him. 
PanamaHat View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PanamaHat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 3:41pm
Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

There is no way Dyche would walk away from Burnley for Everton. They are flying. It's only October. I wouldn't jump ship if I were him. 

I dunno. I think he would. "Bigger" club. More transfer money, more wages for himself. Step closer to the English job.

It would be great if McCarthy got a couple of games under his belt in the next few weeks.
CillDara View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CillDara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 7:09pm
Unless the new manager is a big fan then I think James' future lies away from Goodison Park. Still good enough to play in the premier league but don't know who he would go to, maybe one of the promoted sides or Bournemouth or Swansea?
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2017 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

Unless the new manager is a big fan then I think James' future lies away from Goodison Park. Still good enough to play in the premier league but don't know who he would go to, maybe one of the promoted sides or Bournemouth or Swansea?

I’m not sure. McCarthy would be a good partner for Gueye in a battling dogs of war way. Not sure the fans are keen on Klaasen or Schneiderlin any more. James could be seen as a returning hero
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 246>
  Share Topic