You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 246>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greengiant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 12:02pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

Really is hitting form at the right time..great playerClap.
 On a side note just saw my speeling of Iniesta and Xavi above...let this be a lesson to all dont drink and typeLOL
Your mispeeling was far from the funniest thing about that post!
The first two-syllable word I ever learned growing up was discretion." Dunphy on a his childhood
Sponsored Links

tonyjaa View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

WATP 55 not out

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tonyjaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by RogerMilla RogerMilla wrote:

celtic have put in a bid for him

you are being too obvious
OohAah... View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OohAah... Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 1:08pm
I said it last season, he is the type of central midefielder fergie needs, Id love to see it
darman28 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darman28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 1:26pm
Great to hear mccarthy had a good game against man u, didn't think wigan would get anything from the match.Hope he does go to the euros with Ireland in the summer, even if he didn't get to play or even less that half hours play, the experience of going to a tourament is always a plus for future touraments especailly since he's young
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 1:34pm
Delighted for James Mc that he's showing the form we know he's capable of Clap

I hope he makes the plane to Poland like everyone else but only Trap knows if he will be or not , what will impress Trap is that he's now standing up and being counted in a Wigan side fighting for their lives. 

If he doesn't go to Poland , hopefully Trap will see him as a genuine option after the Euro's because he knows himself young players will have to be blooded given that there will possibly be injuries in key areas and retirements between September 2012 to November 2013.

Edited by Green Devil - 12 Apr 2012 at 1:35pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
gwhite View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gwhite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 2:21pm
I hope a DVD of last night's game makes it's way into Trap's collection...
Paulie View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Paulie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 2:24pm
Unfortunately I think that McCarthy's hopes of going to Poland ended when Trap brought on Paul Green as a sub instead of him against the Czechs. I'm not saying I agree with this selection, but I reckon the 4 central midfield players he will bring are Whelan, Andrews, Gibson and Fahey.
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

Unfortunately I think that McCarthy's hopes of going to Poland ended when Trap brought on Paul Green as a sub instead of him against the Czechs. I'm not saying I agree with this selection, but I reckon the 4 central midfield players he will bring are Whelan, Andrews, Gibson and Fahey.

+1
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Bibi Baskin View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bibi Baskin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Paulie Paulie wrote:

+1
John W View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 4:51pm
I hope he keeps up this form, he was impressive last night
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 5:34pm
He seems to play better against the stronger sides in the league as well, anyone else notice that?
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

He seems to play better against the stronger sides in the league as well, anyone else notice that?

Would probably result in a pretty good average showing then... WinkWink
scaldy View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scaldy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 6:43pm
Before trapnoclue says it, probably a better chance of making it If they're going to be playing in the championship next season.

Solid performance last night, held his own. He's doing all he can so good luck to him
deco911 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Reg Hunter

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deco911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 6:44pm
am a utd fan watched the entire game today only 2nd time this season iv seen macarthy i tink other game was their game at liverpool and i think he is fantastic player and looks more athletic as a man nw than he did last season doubt he will go to poland but will be a cornerstone of irish midfield in future
Citizen View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 9:36pm
good game against chelsea last week as well.
My Views are my own and do not in any way represent this site.

'The FAI are the dysfunctional body that other dysfunctional bodies call Galacticos' - Declan Lynch (Sunday Indo)
Trapcandoit View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapcandoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by Citizen Citizen wrote:

good game against chelsea last week as well.
  Should have got a result there too.  A blind man could have spotted those two off-sides.

Edited by Trapcandoit - 12 Apr 2012 at 10:33pm
5 goals to go Robbie!
soccerc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote soccerc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 11:41pm
We have 27 or 28 players and it will be a great pity, a great pity, when we have to decide on the 23, to decide on this player or that player. The squad is very important to me and they deserve to come with us, they helped us achieve qualification but I have to decide which players deserve to come with us.

I have two or three decisions to make.  McCarthy, Coleman, players like that, I have to make a decision. And I do not forget them for the next campaign, for the World Cup but we have to decide the best for now.

McCarthy played on Wednesday against Manchester United and United lost. His team are last in the table but they are improving, and I think they will be with us.

So Trap is indicating McCarthy will be in final 23.

Also looks like McClean will miss out but he will, along with Hoolahan be in squads for WC qualifiers, I guess after a few retirements post Euro2012
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2012 at 11:47pm
Soccerc just wondering, his last comment, "I think they willbe with us" is that in reference to Wigan staying up or is it in reference to Mc Carthy and Coleman going.

I take it as the former rather than the latter. 
AKA pedantic kunt
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 246>
  Share Topic