You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 246>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Kerzy a serious illness is a very private thing and its quite possible that Tuff Paddy did not know of this illness and only close familly members did. 

Trap did say that Mc Carthy was going to be in the squad so Tuff Paddy was right. 

You are basically calling him a clown because he did not know that Mc Carthys father has cancer, which in most familes can be kept private for a while. 

Best of luck to James and his family.

Exactly my point Baldrick. I thought I was the only one that recognised it. If you do not know things for definite, dont go on an internet forum making what appear to be factual statements but are nothing other than predictions and personal hunches. Its not going to do anyone any good.

EDIT: Didnt read your 2nd line properly. You're really clutching at straws if you think that TP knew the make up of Trap's squad.

Edited by Kerrzy - 07 May 2012 at 4:35pm
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by brianie brianie wrote:

My thoughts with James and his Family, Obviously the Reality of Cancer  is Terminal, Completely understand and respect what must have been a difficult decision, See you for the WC QualifiersClap

Brianie it depends what type of cancer, so there's still hope that it might not be terminal. 

The very best of luck to the man in his treatment. A very difficult time for himself and his family.

Unfortunately if it wasnt Terminal he would have made himself available, IMO Either way thoughts are with themThumbs Up

That's my thinking too. I also think it could be a case that his Da may only have been given a month or two which could be a further explanation.
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by Tuff Paddy Tuff Paddy wrote:

He was INJURED. Get over it. And he'll be in the squad. 

Everyone knows Whelan and Andrews will start all 3 group games. McCarthy will be in the squad. 

Clown

embarassed yerself here kerrzy, todays news aint about you or your opinions on a player relatives illness, and who's "in the know", who gives a sh*t, just wish the man a speedy recovery, THATS ALL 

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

Everyone knows Whelan and Andrews will start all 3 group games. McCarthy will be in the squad. 

Clown

embarassed yerself here kerrzy, todays news aint about you or your opinions on a player relatives illness, and who's "in the know", who gives a sh*t, just wish the man a speedy recovery, THATS ALL 

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

So you dont see it as disrespectful some randomer claiming to be spouting facts about a player in public when in reality it is pure bullsh*t and he doesnt actually have a clue what is going on in said player's personal life?

Really, get off your high horse. Wishing himself and his father well goes without saying. Personally I dont see the need to post it on an internet forum that neither him or his family will real.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:11pm
It's clear after today no one on this forum really has any inside info on any player.
Looking forward to next campaign when McCarthy is bossing our midfield ( Roy Keane style).
packiesglove View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote packiesglove Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:27pm

Originally posted by packiesglove packiesglove wrote:

Clown

EmbarrassedEmbarrassed

So you dont see it as disrespectful some randomer claiming to be spouting facts about a player in public when in reality it is pure bullsh*t and he doesnt actually have a clue what is going on in said player's personal life?

Really, get off your high horse. Wishing himself and his father well goes without saying. Personally I dont see the need to post it on an internet forum that neither him or his family will real.

I think I'll stay in the saddle if ya dont mind. TP really has pressed your buttons man, read back this thread in a few days with a balanced head, ya do seem a little upset. All i am bothered about is that yet another person with this terrible disease can confront it and survive, squad selections seem a little irrelevant when news like this is announced 
When you're chewing on life's gristle, don't worry give a whistle....
FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

It's clear after today no one on this forum really has any inside info on any player.
Looking forward to next campaign when McCarthy is bossing our midfield ( Roy Keane style).

Why do some posters on here believe this to be a foregone conclusion?

Barring injury or a disastrous Euro's I reckon Whelan and Andrews will start the World Cup qualifiers. Trapp has consistently shown that he is very slow to experiment, blood new players or adopt a new style of play and I don't see him doing it for the next campaign.
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

Barring injury or a disastrous Euro's I reckon Whelan and Andrews will start the World Cup qualifiers. Trapp has consistently shown that he is very slow to experiment, blood new players or adopt a new style of play and I don't see him doing it for the next campaign.

I think Trapknows he has to change it next campaign...Andrews is 31-32 now and without a club at the end of the season so would imagine he drop down to the lower leagues.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:39pm
Disagree that Trap is slow to try new young players. He has blooded Ward Whelan McClean O Dea Foley amongst others. Its just that he wont put them in the first XI if they arent good enough or dont suit his style of play. He WILL put them in if they are up to it. He actually acquired a reputation on the continent for placing trust in the young players and preferring them to old players. People on here are throwing names around like tgey are world class players
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Drumcondra 69er View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Drumcondra 69er Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by FiremanDan FiremanDan wrote:

That's a total myth in fairness, he's totally changed the team over the course of both campaigns, he just does it bit by bit after blooding players in friendlies.

First qualifier v Georgia.

Republic of Ireland
    Line-up
  • Shay GIVEN (GK)
  • Steve FINNAN (-80')
  • Kevin KILBANE
  • John O SHEA
  • Richard DUNNE
  • Glenn WHELAN
  • Aidan McGEADY (-87')
  • Steven REID
  • Kevin DOYLE (-77')
  • Robbie KEANE (C)
  • Stephen HUNT
    Substitute(s)
  • Andy REID
  • Liam MILLER (+77')
  • Paul McSHANE (+80')
  • Damien DELANEY
  • Dean KIELY
  • Andy KEOGH (+87')
  • Daryl MURPHY

Play off v France - Lawrence, Andrews & St Ledger all introduced, that's nearly a third of the outfield team.

Republic of Ireland
    Line-up
  • Shay GIVEN (GK)
  • Sean ST LEDGER
  • Kevin KILBANE
  • John O SHEA (-67')
  • Richard DUNNE
  • Glenn WHELAN (-63')
  • Liam LAWRENCE (-107')
  • Keith ANDREWS
  • Kevin DOYLE
  • Robbie KEANE (C)
  • Damien DUFF
    Substitute(s)
  • Aidan McGEADY (+107')
  • Paul McSHANE (+67')
  • Stephen KELLY
  • Darron GIBSON (+63')
  • Joe MURPHY
  • Stephen HUNT
  • Leon BEST

• Play off v Estonia - Ward, Fahey, Walters & Cox all added to the squad and see game time.

• Republic of Ireland: Shay Given, Stephen Kelly, Richard Dunne, Sean St Ledger, Stephen Ward, Aidan McGeady, Keith Andrews, Glenn Whelan, (Keith Fahey 78) Damien Duff (Stephen Hunt 73), Robbie Keane, Jon Walters (Simon Cox 83).

He changes things gradually but he always evolves.

FiremanDan View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FiremanDan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 5:56pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Disagree that Trap is slow to try new young players. He has blooded Ward Whelan McClean O Dea Foley amongst others. Its just that he wont put them in the first XI if they arent good enough or dont suit his style of play. He WILL put them in if they are up to it. He actually acquired a reputation on the continent for placing trust in the young players and preferring them to old players. People on here are throwing names around like tgey are world class players

Sorry, you're right. I should rephrase that. He is reluctant to use new players that may not suit his style or formation. Admittedly he has brought in a good few, just not always the ones that we might be crying out for.
Sean Og O Hailpin.... his father's from Fermanagh, his mother's from Fiji, neither a hurling stronghold."

Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by jackshat jackshat wrote:

Originally posted by Boston Hoop Boston Hoop wrote:

Andrews started a decent amount of games in 2008-2010 for Blackburn, didn't he? And then in 10/11 season he fell out with them and headed to Ipswich. But agreed, him not starting for WBA is unlikely to effect him starting for Ireland.

He has been one of the first names on the teamsheet since his move in JanuaryConfused

Well it was in reference to a a previous comment saying he'd been dropped. He had been. But just started for them again yesterday. Prior to that he'd come off the bench in their last 3 games. BUT agree with other posters, he is still featuring for them more than others - but certainly not "one of the first names on the teamsheet".
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:48pm

This . The mans a legend of the game not some muppet of a blow in.  
l hear you are a racist now, father ?
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 6:56pm

I think Trapknows he has to change it next campaign...Andrews is 31-32 now and without a club at the end of the season so would imagine he drop down to the lower leagues.

Andrews is 31 and doing very well at the moment. He'll be 33 when World Cup 2014 kicks off. Hardly past it.

I wouldnt dismiss his chances of staying in the starting XI for a while yet.

Up to McCarthy to break into the team before then. He'll be the mainstay in the Irish midfield for the Euro 2016 qualifiers. 
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:10pm

Andrews is 31 and doing very well at the moment. He'll be 33 when World Cup 2014 kicks off. Hardly past it.

Up to McCarthy to break into the team before then. He'll be the mainstay in the Irish midfield for the Euro 2016 qualifiers. 

I would think that the short-term nature of the contract was good for both Andrews & WBA. For him, their future in the PL wasn't cemented by any stretch; and for them, they couldn't take a gamble on a player who'd dropped down a league for football (albeit because he'd fallen out with Blackburn). But he's proven his worth and hopefully will get a deal with someone.
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:10pm

Never said he was past it...but no harm to look else where...his contract at WBA is up after next weeks game and he might have to drop down a level don't think he needs to worry about league one anymore in fairness to him.
Ps hope MaCarthy is well bedded in by 2016.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:14pm
Regarding Brian Kerrs tenure compared to Trap. What young players did Kerr blood? None.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:15pm

Regarding Brian Kerrs tenure compared to Trap. What young players did Kerr blood? None.

Amazing given where his immediate background had been!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2930313233 246>
  Share Topic