FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

James McCarthy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 246>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:30pm
Look guys I said in earlier there is no one on this forum that has any inside info on any of the players.
I think that has been clear for some time and not just today. There are so many false predictions called by the same posters on here that you'd be a fool to get wound up about it.
Sponsored Links

Pipkin View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pipkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Your insensitive posts Thumbs Down
Its a football forum where people discuss, predict, talk sh*te and have the craic. Just because TP is in a position where he MAY have inside info doesnt make him an different to the rest of us coming on here spouting opinion and predictions. You should cop yourself on in this instance.

Thats an opinion and isnt what was intended. Anyone that reads this forum regularly knows that TP claims that he has very close contact with James and his family. The fact is he has come on here in the past and has posted false information about McCarthy being named in squads and turning up for subsequent squads etc. etc. and these were communicate as fact.

Again we have a situation where he was doing this last week claiming it was factual info that he "will" be in the squad when in fact that couldnt be further from the truth. What word do you think James would describe TP as if he was reading his posts in the last week that people perceive to be from the player himself? Id say they'd have needed to be censored.

Why you or anyone else think that my posts have had anything to do with the player's situation is beyond me. You're looking to gain a moral high ground for some unknown reason. If you can point to any wording in any of my posts that have been insensitive please do.
GG14 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GG14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:16pm
Tough on McCarthy to miss out this way, hopefully his father makes a full recovery and see his son lead the Irish midfield in Brazil!

Edited by GG14 - 07 May 2012 at 9:17pm
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry<br />McCarthy's time will come. I see us finishing the WC qualifiers with McCarthy, Gibson, McClean and McGeady as first choice for their respective positions in midfield.[/QUOTE Jerryfromkerry
McCarthy's time will come. I see us finishing the WC qualifiers with McCarthy, Gibson, McClean and McGeady as first choice for their respective positions in midfield.[/QUOTE wrote:

Hopefully

Hopefully
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Kerrzy Kerrzy wrote:

Originally posted by Baldrick Baldrick wrote:

Kerzy a serious illness is a very private thing and its quite possible that Tuff Paddy did not know of this illness and only close familly members did. 

Trap did say that Mc Carthy was going to be in the squad so Tuff Paddy was right. 

You are basically calling him a clown because he did not know that Mc Carthys father has cancer, which in most familes can be kept private for a while. 

Best of luck to James and his family.

Exactly my point Baldrick. I thought I was the only one that recognised it. If you do not know things for definite, dont go on an internet forum making what appear to be factual statements but are nothing other than predictions and personal hunches. Its not going to do anyone any good.

EDIT: Didnt read your 2nd line properly. You're really clutching at straws if you think that TP knew the make up of Trap's squad.

Your insensitive posts Thumbs Down
Its a football forum where people discuss, predict, talk sh*te and have the craic. Just because TP is in a position where he MAY have inside info doesnt make him an different to the rest of us coming on here spouting opinion and predictions. You should cop yourself on in this instance.

YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by Jerryfromkerry Jerryfromkerry wrote:

McCarthy's time will come. I see us finishing the WC qualifiers with McCarthy, Gibson, McClean and McGeady as first choice for their respective positions in midfield.

Happy Days if that happens Big smile
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Jerryfromkerry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Jerryfromkerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:53pm
McCarthy's time will come. I see us finishing the WC qualifiers with McCarthy, Gibson, McClean and McGeady as first choice for their respective positions in midfield.
No man has the right to fix the boundary to the march of a nation. No man has the right to say to his country “thus far shalt thou go and no further"
daithi View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daithi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:41pm
Sad that his father has been diagnosed with this curse of a disease, fingers crossed that he can beat it,  hopefully James will get a chance to play in front of his father in a major international competition for us in the near future.
Just because it's tradition does not make it right
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:35pm
Playing well enough here
Ginzo View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Bhobshite's Mate

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ginzo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:30pm
Sad to hear about Mc Carthys situation hopefully his dad gets well soon.

Kerrzys comments here have been embarrassing Thumbs Down
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 8:07pm
Interesting to hear Trapattonis tgoughts on James McCarthys game when askwd how he sews his role in the future. Basically saying hes a bit shy on the pitch not demanding or looking for the ball instead pointing at other team mates to pass the ball to. He was quite positice and said this as matter of fact not in a spiteful way. Ive said this before in that I think McCarthy is still a boy not yet a man on the pitch. Trap said in contrast whelan looks to get on it. He will be a solid international for us in 2 -3 yrs. He needs to come out of his shell more.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by Green Devil Green Devil wrote:

Originally posted by rolo rolo wrote:

Originally posted by rainpaulo rainpaulo wrote:

I think Trapknows he has to change it next campaign...Andrews is 31-32 now and without a club at the end of the season so would imagine he drop down to the lower leagues.

Andrews is 31 and doing very well at the moment. He'll be 33 when World Cup 2014 kicks off. Hardly past it.

I wouldnt dismiss his chances of staying in the starting XI for a while yet.

Up to McCarthy to break into the team before then. He'll be the mainstay in the Irish midfield for the Euro 2016 qualifiers. 

Never said he was past it...but no harm to look else where...his contract at WBA is up after next weeks game and he might have to drop down a level don't think he needs to worry about league one anymore in fairness to him.
Ps hope MaCarthy is well bedded in by 2016.

So do I. And he will be. Im talking about the 2016 qualifiers, which start in September 2014. Thats just two years away. Hopefully he is bedded in by then, but like I said, Andrews may still be in the starting XI in two years time. 

A lot does depend on where Andrews is playing football. If he is a championship player in two years time it surely will be hard for Trap to pick him ahead of McCarthy.

Trap has two years left on his deal , i reckon he'll go after Brazil 2014.

Thats true. He may stay on tho. Or Tardelli could take over. 

Anyway, the team in 2 years time will have to be a very different one to now. McCarthy should be in the side a while by then.  
"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:48pm

I think Trapknows he has to change it next campaign...Andrews is 31-32 now and without a club at the end of the season so would imagine he drop down to the lower leagues.

Andrews is 31 and doing very well at the moment. He'll be 33 when World Cup 2014 kicks off. Hardly past it.

Up to McCarthy to break into the team before then. He'll be the mainstay in the Irish midfield for the Euro 2016 qualifiers. 

Never said he was past it...but no harm to look else where...his contract at WBA is up after next weeks game and he might have to drop down a level don't think he needs to worry about league one anymore in fairness to him.

So do I. And he will be. Im talking about the 2016 qualifiers, which start in September 2014. Thats just two years away. Hopefully he is bedded in by then, but like I said, Andrews may still be in the starting XI in two years time. 

A lot does depend on where Andrews is playing football. If he is a championship player in two years time it surely will be hard for Trap to pick him ahead of McCarthy.

Trap has two years left on his deal , i reckon he'll go after Brazil 2014.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
BabbsBalls View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BabbsBalls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:39pm
James is coming along nicely . He's still only a young fella , if he's good enough and proves he's more worthy of a place in the team than Andrews/Whelan Trap will play him. 

He will be a regular about halfway through next campaign Im predicting.

l hear you are a racist now, father ?
rolo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:25pm

"I'm off to see the Queen tomorrow too, don't forget that"
Boston Hoop View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boston Hoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Regarding Brian Kerrs tenure compared to Trap. What young players did Kerr blood? None.

Amazing given where his immediate background had been!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:14pm
Regarding Brian Kerrs tenure compared to Trap. What young players did Kerr blood? None.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
rainpaulo View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rainpaulo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2012 at 7:10pm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 213214215216217 246>
  Share Topic