Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scruffy Murphy's YBIG meet up Slovakia game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Blue Man Blue Man wrote:

I was surprised at how subdued it was to be honest. The Macedonia game, we had the place rocking! And seemed to be an awful lot more there!

Hopefully we can keep the numbers coming back and we can get the place rocking for the Armenia game!

PS good chatting to ya again colmoc!

Same as man. I'll bring down that celtic jersey you kept asking for to the armenia game, didn't realise you were such a big fanBig smile
Sponsored Links

Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:06pm
I think Scruffy's is a perfect spot. Right beside the ground, cheap enough drink considering the location and its match day. They also provide a bit of food, let us play music and hang stuff on the wall now to give it a supporters feel. Didn't notice the heat myself.

What i will say is the atmosphere wasn't great the last day, but that's hardly their fault. There was only 5 or 6 of us trying to get it going the last day - it's down to everyone else to get involved too.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:13pm

I was surprised at how subdued it was to be honest. The Macedonia game, we had the place rocking! And seemed to be an awful lot more there!

Hopefully we can keep the numbers coming back and we can get the place rocking for the Armenia game!

Macedonia was on a Saturday. These Friday games give it a midweek feel with lads working most of the day
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

Macedonia was on a Saturday. These Friday games give it a midweek feel with lads working most of the day

AS Previously said Scruffys is Great for a Sat Match and Crimbo PartyThumbs Up, For the Armenian Game i will be in the Berkley for a few scoops beforehand!
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Doyler View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:22pm
With the Armenia game being a mid-week tie do ye's think there will be much of a buzz around scruffy's that day? As always i will be up for a singing match.
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"
Trapped View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Coat hangar expert

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by the_walls the_walls wrote:

That's hardly an excuse. The Slovakia game was a Friday night ffs. Finished work for the weekend, few scoops, going to the match - same thing if it's a Friday or Saturday. We didn't know how sh*te the match would be beforehand so don't think that excuses a lack of atmosphere in the pub.
67% points to games ratio at the last Euro's (better than Portugal's)
the_walls View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
6 in a row, alive alive oh..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:35pm

When people arent as well lubricated as they normally are when they are drinking all day on a Saturday it can affect the atmosphere in the pub. I agree with ya Trapped, Id be wanting to get the sing song going regardless but a lot of lads arent like that

Blue Man View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 6:34pm
Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Same as man. I'll bring down that celtic jersey you kept asking for to the armenia game, didn't realise you were such a big fanBig smile

Can I get "Hooper 88" on it too??

Hes my fave Celtics player!!!
"Everytime Leeds concede a goal, its like being stabbed in the heart" - Billy Bremner

Gary Speed 1969-2011

YBIG Blind Date Champion 2010
billybob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 10:28pm
Grand spot if thats what yer into. Maybe i'm just getting auld but would much rather a few quieter pints (that are drinkable) and a chat about the game etc. Save the singing for later.
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel
Sligo Hornet View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Runner Up, Branson lookalike 2003

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:33am
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Grand spot if thats what yer into. Maybe i'm just getting auld but would much rather a few quieter pints (that are drinkable) and a chat about the game etc. Save the singing for later.

Didn't realise that you had already joined my team bb Wink

Wallet ?? What the fcuk is that ?
colmoc View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
serious foot fetish

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 3:35am

Originally posted by colmoc colmoc wrote:

Can I get "Hooper 88" on it too??

Hes my fave Celtics player!!!

Thought you said you wanted "eire 32" on it???
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:04pm
For the lads who reckon the drink was sh*t,what were ye drinking?I was drinking stout and it was grand .
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:07pm
Originally posted by rossieman rossieman wrote:

For the lads who reckon the drink was sh*t,what were ye drinking?I was drinking stout and it was grand .

+1 Good Pints
ITS KEANE YES

YBIG You Can Please some of the People Some of the Time But Not All of The People All of The Time
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:09pm
Well the two times I have been there the Guinness was dreadful..... awful bang taste off it .... maybe things have improved
rossieman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:12pm
I was upstairs and I thought it was grand and I was sound the next day.Had 7 pints before the game and 2 in there afterwards .no complaints .
brianie View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Well the two times I have been there the Guinness was dreadful..... awful bang taste off it .... maybe things have improved

Think the Trick is SH to buy your first one downstairs (same price) and let the pipes flow upstairs then buy upstairs Wink

And i thought you were a Smithwicks Man!!!!

Edited by brianie - 16 Sep 2011 at 1:14pm
ITS KEANE YES

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:16pm
Fair play.... I assume you were driving Rossie.... only two after the game
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:18pm
Brianie..... Smithwicks?.... Getting me confused with Mrs.Mule
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
  Share Topic