Scruffy Murphy's YBIG meet up Slovakia game

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 2:59pm

I was surprised at how subdued it was to be honest. The Macedonia game, we had the place rocking! And seemed to be an awful lot more there!

Hopefully we can keep the numbers coming back and we can get the place rocking for the Armenia game!

PS good chatting to ya again colmoc!

Same as man. I'll bring down that celtic jersey you kept asking for to the armenia game, didn't realise you were such a big fanBig smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:06pm
I think Scruffy's is a perfect spot. Right beside the ground, cheap enough drink considering the location and its match day. They also provide a bit of food, let us play music and hang stuff on the wall now to give it a supporters feel. Didn't notice the heat myself.

What i will say is the atmosphere wasn't great the last day, but that's hardly their fault. There was only 5 or 6 of us trying to get it going the last day - it's down to everyone else to get involved too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:13pm

I was surprised at how subdued it was to be honest. The Macedonia game, we had the place rocking! And seemed to be an awful lot more there!

Hopefully we can keep the numbers coming back and we can get the place rocking for the Armenia game!

Macedonia was on a Saturday. These Friday games give it a midweek feel with lads working most of the day

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:21pm

Macedonia was on a Saturday. These Friday games give it a midweek feel with lads working most of the day

AS Previously said Scruffys is Great for a Sat Match and Crimbo PartyThumbs Up, For the Armenian Game i will be in the Berkley for a few scoops beforehand!

Doyler View Drop Down
AKA James McCarthy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doyler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:22pm
With the Armenia game being a mid-week tie do ye's think there will be much of a buzz around scruffy's that day? As always i will be up for a singing match.
Look at these scenes, just look at these scenes!

"it's too strong lads!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trapped Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:27pm

That's hardly an excuse. The Slovakia game was a Friday night ffs. Finished work for the weekend, few scoops, going to the match - same thing if it's a Friday or Saturday. We didn't know how sh*te the match would be beforehand so don't think that excuses a lack of atmosphere in the pub.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the_walls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 5:35pm

When people arent as well lubricated as they normally are when they are drinking all day on a Saturday it can affect the atmosphere in the pub. I agree with ya Trapped, Id be wanting to get the sing song going regardless but a lot of lads arent like that

Blue Man View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 6:34pm

Same as man. I'll bring down that celtic jersey you kept asking for to the armenia game, didn't realise you were such a big fanBig smile

Can I get "Hooper 88" on it too??

Hes my fave Celtics player!!!

billybob View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billybob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2011 at 10:28pm
Grand spot if thats what yer into. Maybe i'm just getting auld but would much rather a few quieter pints (that are drinkable) and a chat about the game etc. Save the singing for later.
Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:33am
Originally posted by billybob billybob wrote:

Grand spot if thats what yer into. Maybe i'm just getting auld but would much rather a few quieter pints (that are drinkable) and a chat about the game etc. Save the singing for later.

Didn't realise that you had already joined my team bb Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colmoc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 3:35am

Can I get "Hooper 88" on it too??

Hes my fave Celtics player!!!

Thought you said you wanted "eire 32" on it???

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:04pm
For the lads who reckon the drink was sh*t,what were ye drinking?I was drinking stout and it was grand .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:07pm

For the lads who reckon the drink was sh*t,what were ye drinking?I was drinking stout and it was grand .

+1 Good Pints

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:09pm
Well the two times I have been there the Guinness was dreadful..... awful bang taste off it .... maybe things have improved

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossieman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:12pm
I was upstairs and I thought it was grand and I was sound the next day.Had 7 pints before the game and 2 in there afterwards .no complaints .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:13pm

Well the two times I have been there the Guinness was dreadful..... awful bang taste off it .... maybe things have improved

Think the Trick is SH to buy your first one downstairs (same price) and let the pipes flow upstairs then buy upstairs Wink

And i thought you were a Smithwicks Man!!!!

Edited by brianie - 16 Sep 2011 at 1:14pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:16pm
Fair play.... I assume you were driving Rossie.... only two after the game

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sligo Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2011 at 1:18pm
Brianie..... Smithwicks?.... Getting me confused with Mrs.Mule
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>