Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 143>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 11:50am
Hendrick is an easy target. Modric would look f**king mediocre the way we set up under MON.
Sponsored Links

irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by d13dave d13dave wrote:

that is harsh on keith andrews who at least got stuck in and showed a bit of heart

Hendrick is an enigma - there is a little talent in there but we have not seen it in a long time.

i was just going to post the same thing. He was good for Burnley the other night in the Europa League but drifts out of games too much for us. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
gufct View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Trapattoni could manage me any day!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gufct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:09pm
I don’t know when he ever drifted into a game. Was invisible last night. The lack of a defensive midfielder last night was criminal and for those who constantly slated him Glenn Whelan is a huge loss and we don’t have a replacement.
One City,One County,One Club GUFC will be back.
Fitz View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fitz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by gufct gufct wrote:

I don’t know when he ever drifted into a game. Was invisible last night. The lack of a defensive midfielder last night was criminal and for those who constantly slated him Glenn Whelan is a huge loss and we don’t have a replacement.

Surely, for last night anyway, Williams or Meyler could’ve filled that role 
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:15pm
Agree Hendrick has been muck but so has everyone else including Coleman in many games.  Everyone is looking terrible because the team haven't a clue of their roles and are given vague instructions by MON.  'Deal with it'' ''you know what to do''  ''Be brave on the ball''.  The team shape is all over the gaff.  If MON had Bale he'd be anonymous.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
The O'Shea View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
I know everything and I’m NEVER wrong

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The O'Shea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:48pm
Exactly, the whole team is in a rut. Connor Roberts is obviously not a better player than Coleman, but he looked it last night because he was playing in a confident team. It's easy to look good when others around you are playing well, and it's easy to look bad when your team is devoid of confidence and a game plan.
We're decent enough..
Strazdas View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Strazdas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 1:55pm
Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Exactly, the whole team is in a rut. Connor Roberts is obviously not a better player than Coleman, but he looked it last night because he was playing in a confident team. It's easy to look good when others around you are playing well, and it's easy to look bad when your team is devoid of confidence and a game plan.

That's pretty much it. The team lacks shape, not because we're fielding eleven bad players, but because they're being sent onto the pitch by a tactically clueless manager. They scarcely look coached at all.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 2:15pm

I couldn't believe Meyler didn't start. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

I couldn't believe Meyler didn't start. 

Wasn't Meyler the captain recently tooConfused
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 2:17pm
Poor Jeff made the scapegoat yet again.

As GD posted numerous times the past week already how are you supposed to be good in a system which involves hoofing the ball all the way from the defence upfront to the attackers neglecting the midfielders.
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 2:33pm

Bring back Glenn Whelan - all our problems solved.

"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Given's zimmerframe View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Given's zimmerframe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 3:09pm
we need him back in the danger zone
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

As GD posted numerous times the past week already how are you supposed to be good in a system which involves hoofing the ball all the way from the defence upfront to the attackers neglecting the midfielders.

He has agency and should have influence within this team to play well when given the ball. With or without the ball he is a player who has been underperforming for too long. He could be a better player, but no manager or player has been able to bring the ability out in a game. I hope somebody does, but the signs are not there
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Bring back Glenn Whelan - all our problems solved.

Some people honestly beleive that’s the case.

It seems a lot of players become much better after they’ve retired.
FREEWHEELER View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
sPICE UP YOUR LIFE Gwan MONROY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEWHEELER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 3:59pm

Absolute rubbish to say he's a scapegoat.

One run and cross for McClean's goal in Cardiff is all he has done since Euro 2016. He has been sh*te for Ireland for two years now. Getting away with murder keeping his place. 
We'll never die, we'll never die, we'll keep the Green Flag flying high......Shamrock Rovers will never die, we'll keep the Green Flag Flying high. 19 Leagues and 25 Cups.....
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by FREEWHEELER FREEWHEELER wrote:

Absolute rubbish to say he's a scapegoat.

One run and cross for McClean's goal in Cardiff is all he has done since Euro 2016. He has been sh*te for Ireland for two years now. Getting away with murder keeping his place. 

Of course he’s the scapegoat! There has only been a handful of decent performances from a couple of players the past while but Hendrick certainly takes more stick than most.

Our midfielders will never play well under the current regime the way we are set up to f**king play.
d13dave View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote d13dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 4:08pm
Myler, McCarthy, Arter - if bothered, Williams can all play that role.

9fingers View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Ballymun Resident #MONKEANO

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 9fingers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2018 at 4:11pm
Midfielder not playing well in a system which bypasses the midfield. Shocking 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 143>
  Share Topic