You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 143>
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb 2022 at 2:01pm
Still an important player for us. In fact, other than Bazunu, Cullen and Knight, it's likely to be the same old gang. 
Sponsored Links

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 1:20pm
He has been poor in this game, like the Hendrick of old rather than the last few Ireland games. Goes missing for long stretches, and when he does receive the ball it is slow, uninspired passing. Lucky not to be at fault for a Luton goal which was just offside with some really poor defending.

QPR's form has fallen off a cliff, pretty much coinciding with the moment he joined, 1 win from 8 if they fail to win here.

I went to see them a few weeks ago v Blackpool which was their only win since he arrived and he did ok, better than this but still way off what you would expect from him in the Championship. He has to be braver.
King_Kenny View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote King_Kenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 12:30pm
Rested today.
amccarten313 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amccarten313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 8:04pm
getting slated by qpr fans on twitter from what i saw
Heimatklange View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heimatklange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 11:31am
jeff hendrick being poor is par for the course for the last few years. we really should have used the friendly games as a chance to bring Jack byrne back into the fold.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 11:50am
Our midfield is such a weak link. 

Molumby is getting a spot based on previous relationship under 21 relationship with Kenny.

Cullen is our only consistently good performer for club and country.

Sykes is new, so we'll see. 

Knight has been pretty good for Ireland but patchy for club.

Realistically, Browne, Hendrick, Molumby and Hourihane could be jettisoned now without much of an outcry. Unfortunately we just have nobody proven to replace them. 
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Banjaxed Banjaxed wrote:

Molumby is getting a spot based on previous relationship under 21 relationship with Kenny.

Realistically, Browne, Hendrick, Molumby and Hourihane could be jettisoned now without much of an outcry. Unfortunately we just have nobody proven to replace them. 

Agree
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Agree

Sadly I'd have to agree too, 

knight and molumby shouldn't be major concerns as they'll get better as they're only 21 and 22. I think we'll see a great player in knight at around 23 and a great player in molumby at around 24.

Browne is 27 in a few weeks and should be in and around his prime as a footballer. I'd say his level is a good Championship midfielder.

hendrick and hourihane are in their 30s now and we're unlikely to see marked improvement from them. But at the moment they're the best available.

Cullen is our standout midfielder at the moment, nailed on first teamer for anderlecht who are 5th in the Belgian league. My only thoughts on this is how strong is this league... 

Dominic Foley scored loads of goals in that league.
Banjaxed View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Banjaxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 1:18pm
My outlook is I don't really care how anybody plays for their club and where that club is. Obviously good form will get you noticed, but the undisputable bottom line is... how do they play for Ireland? And the fact is Josh Cullen has been one of our best players over the last 12-months. 

Everyone here should judge individuals on their performances in a green jersey. That's the point surely? 

Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 1:23pm
Molumby has been poor enough and Hourihane hasn't been dynamic but I think Hendrick, Browne, Knight and McGrath have been good more often than not over the most recent ten odd games.

I wonder what the story is with Sammie Szmodics. Plays a similar position to Ronan and scored loads of goals at League One level last season. Has been alright in the Championship this season. No better or worse than Coventry or Taylor. Runs all day and creates and gets chances - whether he'll take them is another story.
Mr. Snrub View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Snrub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2022 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by Left foot Left foot wrote:

My outlook is I don't really care how anybody plays for their club and where that club is. Obviously good form will get you noticed, but the undisputable bottom line is... how do they play for Ireland? And the fact is Josh Cullen has been one of our best players over the last 12-months. 

Everyone here should judge individuals on their performances in a green jersey. That's the point surely? 

I think good form at club level sets the standard to be honest. 

If a player is not playing well for his club, he inevitably gets dropped and replaced. You'd want to avoid players that aren't playing week in week out.

The lack of club form from a lot of our midfield and forward players should definitely be a concern.

The fact that we have Hendrick, Robinson, hourihane, Molumby and knight not playing regularly and pretty much starting player... for me that's too many players going theough a bad patch.

Robinson has started the last 5 league games, Hourihane having a decent run for Sheffield United and I think it's a case of Knight being burnt out recently. Hendrick barely kicked a ball at club level before the last round of games and was one of our better players, it's what they can do for Ireland that counts and he has been seeing plenty of minutes for QPR. Our midfield is definitely a concern at club level and you'd like to see Ronan get a run out this week.
"Here's Robbie Keane...... yeeeessss! That is no more than Ireland deserve!"
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2022 at 11:49pm
Currently out injured, no word on when he's back.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 4:38pm
Unused sub today. Hard to see where he goes from here.
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 5:31pm
Will go somewhere in the Championship I'd say. Possibly another loan as he won't want to give up his big Newcastle contract. But they have so much money they might just pay him off or subsidise part of his wages at a new club to get rid of him.

Celtic possibly an option also, would be more suited to it there than McCarthy, could be a cheap option for them and their board love a cheap option.
Greenie50 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greenie50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Think he's been out injured the last 2 or 3 weeks, just back today.

I have a sneaking suspicion he'll end up at Sheffield United next season.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2022 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Greenie50 Greenie50 wrote:

Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Think he's been out injured the last 2 or 3 weeks, just back today.

I have a sneaking suspicion he'll end up at Sheffield United next season.

Middlesbrough might be another option. Chris Wilder loves an Irish signing.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 12:05pm
Signs for Reading.

E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2022 at 12:18pm
They'll find it tough to stay up. A big fall for him to be with a side who will be unlikely to survive in the Championship.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 124125126127128 143>
  Share Topic