You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Republic Of Ireland
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 143>
Author
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NewtNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 7:53pm
Originally posted by Hotlips_Hoolahan Hotlips_Hoolahan wrote:

Newcastle losing 5-2. They've completely collapsed after substituting Hendrick.

Bruce should be sacked for that! 
Sponsored Links

Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by doherty doherty wrote:

Might shut up some of the idiots who ask what he actually does. For a while anyway.

Now back to playing hide and seek for the next six games for Jeff LOL

Just a question here Murph, do you actually enjoy Hendrick having poor games or not doing well (aside from playing against Burnley)

It was well known that I was always one of Whelan's biggest critics but I never glorified it or took great pleasure in seeing him underperform be it at Stoke or for Ireland.

We get that you don't rate Hendrick and in truth never did, but I find it odd that you seem to think Irish fans think he's anything more than he is and that its like you've made some outlandish prediction (hypothetically speaking) as if Ronaldo was nailed on to fail at Juventus or something. 

I mean every man and his dog knows that Hendrick is a bang average player and who's probably now very replaceable for Ireland, but he's by no means as bad as you or others make out.

Edited by Green Devil - 16 Dec 2020 at 8:14pm
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Conan View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan
I’m not very bright.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Conan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by Conan Conan wrote:

Queue ten totally anonymous and ineffectual performances that generally define his career but are immediately overlooked by those who idolise him and lavish him with man love  on the basis of his biannual demonstration he can actually play football. I doubt he'll score or assist another goal before Christmas.
I’ll give you 33/1

Nice bet

Phew

Was close but a losing bet 
I feel robbed Disapprove ........Easter, double or quits!
Wes_Wanderers View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wes_Wanderers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Dec 2020 at 10:28pm
He is always up and down, anonymity mixed with some genuine skill is his thing.
Hotlips_Hoolahan View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 2020 at 9:18pm
Hendrick on the bench as Newcastle trail Fulham 1-0.

Maybe, just maybe, whatever Newcastle's problems are go beyond Hendrick.
Darren View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 9:07am

Hendrick on the bench as Newcastle trail Fulham 1-0.

Maybe, just maybe, whatever Newcastle's problems are go beyond Hendrick.

Have to disagree. Just watched the highlights on MOTD and Hendrick totally anonymous sitting on that bench. Didn't see him make one tackle or one decent pass. Whenever the ball went out of play, Jeff didn't even move or make himself available for the ball - just left it to the ball boy, who at least show some commitment, chasing everything that came his way. Hendrick often criticised for drifting in and out of games, but last night, he didn't even drift in, just sat on the bench warming his jacksie. A shocking performance from a senior player. If it wasn't for Hendrick , you could see that magnificent Newcastle side as genuine contenders. Bit like us, we'd be seeded in FIFA's top ten if it wasn't for Hendrick.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 10:48am
If Newcastle finish mid table i think it will be as good as they would of hoped for at the start of the season . I think they have done well to get points on the board early in the season which will keep them safe . As for Jeff i think he will be around at St James this season and i think next he could be shipped out just have a feeling about it as once the fans are back in grounds in large numbers i am sure Jeff will soon find out what they think of him . 
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 11:06am
They're still paying Henri Saivet £35,000 a week. I think they have bigger priorities than persisting with some irrational grudge against Jeff Hendrick, or at least they should have.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

They're still paying Henri Saivet £35,000 a week. I think they have bigger priorities than persisting with some irrational grudge against Jeff Hendrick, or at least they should have.
The sledging of Hendrick here is over the top. Even when he plays well - and he does more often than given credit for - he cops a blast. He doesn't pick himself. There was very little criticism of Kenny for selecting him for recent games, despite the fact, apparently, he is useless in five out of six games. 
  One think about Kenny picking Jeff as what other optains do we have ?
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Claret Murph Claret Murph wrote:

Originally posted by Mr Brick Mr Brick wrote:

The sledging of Hendrick here is over the top. Even when he plays well - and he does more often than given credit for - he cops a blast. He doesn't pick himself. There was very little criticism of Kenny for selecting him for recent games, despite the fact, apparently, he is useless in five out of six games. 
  One think about Kenny picking Jeff as what other optains do we have ?

McCarthy, Knight, Molumby, Cullen, Browne, Hourihane, Brady.

Take your pick.
Augustus Gloop View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Augustus Gloop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 2:16pm
Molumby isn't getting any game time at Brighton. Cullen plays in a league that would be on a par with League Two. McCarthy has played well in a green shirt maybe less than 3 times. Hourihane has been awful for Ireland. Brown is a decent option to bring off the bench after 60 mins, not a starter. Knight looks good and should be in the first XI. Brady can definitely do a box to box job.
Looks like Hendrick is still our best option for now. I'd go with Hendrick, Brady and Knight in a midfield 3 unless Cullen can show that a league Two level player can do a job for us. 
You Tell Me View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote You Tell Me Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 5:33pm
I would have both Cullen and Molumby ahead of Hendrick at the moment. Aside from the fact that they're both already better than him we'd be better served investing in players that have potential to develop than someone who is already as good as he will be and is unlikely to develop further. Also both have shown what they can do in the Championship this year. And the Belgian League is a lot better than League 2.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 5:37pm
LOL
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
nvidic View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nvidic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

LOL

If you disagree say why HB, just comes across as personal abuse otherwise, everyone entitled to their own opinion 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

LOL

If you disagree say why HB, just comes across as personal abuse otherwise, everyone entitled to their own opinion 

A very good point

kevin100 View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kevin100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:35pm
Originally posted by Augustus Gloop Augustus Gloop wrote:

Molumby isn't getting any game time at Brighton. Cullen plays in a league that would be on a par with League Two. McCarthy has played well in a green shirt maybe less than 3 times. Hourihane has been awful for Ireland. Brown is a decent option to bring off the bench after 60 mins, not a starter. Knight looks good and should be in the first XI. Brady can definitely do a box to box job.
Looks like Hendrick is still our best option for now. I'd go with Hendrick, Brady and Knight in a midfield 3 unless Cullen can show that a league Two level player can do a job for us. 

I’m no fan of Hendrick and do feel there needs to be an effort to bring in fresh faces ahead of the reliables not performing. However you can’t say that the other 6 mentioned would be so much better ability wise than Hendrick I accept that.

Your entitled to your opinion but calling the Belgian League League 2 level?? football exists outside of England you know? 😂 
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hotlips_Hoolahan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2020 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by kevin100 kevin100 wrote:

Originally posted by Augustus Gloop Augustus Gloop wrote:

I’m no fan of Hendrick and do feel there needs to be an effort to bring in fresh faces ahead of the reliables not performing. However you can’t say that the other 6 mentioned would be so much better ability wise than Hendrick I accept that.

Your entitled to your opinion but calling the Belgian League League 2 level?? football exists outside of England you know? 😂 

How did he come to that conclusion? Genk, Gent and Royal Antwerp have all been decent in Europe in recent memory.
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 12:18am
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by nvidic nvidic wrote:

LOL

A very good point

Is it f**k a good point! HB is right to laugh at that.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 106107108109110 143>
  Share Topic