FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 143>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Good to see him come on social media and admit he was terrible. Respect for that. While I agree he has been terrible, he is also a massive scapegoat. 
Did he admit he was terrible Sunday or in general? I respect his honesty if it was the latter.

Hasn't been that bad PM! LOLLOL

Definitely a poor qualifiers though.
He has been though, he has been truly awful! He got hyped over  after the Euros but has done f**k all before or after. He clearly has talent and has shown it in spells but has no application of it at all. He has a massive attitude problem as well. I think the Derby fans used to say one good game in 8, I don't think he has even hit that for Ireland.
32 games for Ireland and most of the debate is still centring around where he can play and what he does. 

Who's overhyped him? I think people forget that he still has years ahead of him.

I don't think he's been a bad buy for Burnley either, £10 million for a newly promoted team, they're always going to be on the back foot in games because of that. 
There's been cases where he was just simply outclassed by the opposition but at the same time there was the live Monday night game (forgot the opposition team) where he ran the show and he's got himself Goal of the Season for Burnley, definitely not a terrible season at all.

I just wish he'd inspire the team more, get stuck in challenges when the opposition are enjoying lots of opposition because right now he couldn't be any less inspiring.
Sponsored Links

pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

Good to see him come on social media and admit he was terrible. Respect for that. While I agree he has been terrible, he is also a massive scapegoat. 

Did he admit he was terrible Sunday or in general? I respect his honesty if it was the latter.

He congratulated Kevin Long and criticised his own performance calling it "bad"
I would have called that praise!
McG View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
SISAO? What the hell is SISAO?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote McG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:55pm

He congratulated Kevin Long and criticised his own performance calling it "bad"
YBIG Table Quiz winner 2016 & 2017
AS YOU WERE McGx

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:55pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

He has been though, he has been truly awful! He got hyped over  after the Euros but has done f**k all before or after. He clearly has talent and has shown it in spells but has no application of it at all. He has a massive attitude problem as well. I think the Derby fans used to say one good game in 8, I don't think he has even hit that for Ireland.
32 games for Ireland and most of the debate is still centring around where he can play and what he does. 
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:45pm

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:39pm

kearney304 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kearney304 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 2:37pm
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 1:29pm
When a team plays crap all players stink and when they play well most of the players look like they've played well. 

As for the midfielders, when the ball is above your head for large periods, it can be hard to make an impression. 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by lassassinblanc lassassinblanc wrote:

As pointed out in group D thread he is on a booking so could be good if he picks up another in Georgia and misses Serbia game
And he will. Himself and Brady love a ridiculously stupid booking, Jeff managed to get an idiotic one in a friendly ffs!
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 11:41am
Gardai are atill concerned of his wherabouts. If anyone has seen him can you please contact Howth Garda Station immediately.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 11:17am
As pointed out in group D thread he is on a booking so could be good if he picks up another in Georgia and misses Serbia game
E2016 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote E2016 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 10:23am
Getting free caps off a decent Euros. Pattern of anonymity has been going on for the entire campaign. Time he was dropped.
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 10:48pm
Jeff will come good again im sure of it. Not quite sure why he has been poor the last few games. He has everything to be a really good midfielder. We need to stick with him. Maybe a game or two startibg from the bench might give him a kick up the arse he needs.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 7:25pm
Originally posted by Sligo Hornet Sligo Hornet wrote:

Originally posted by The O'Shea The O'Shea wrote:

Hendrick seems to have become a bit of a hate figure for whatever reason. Like Arter and Whelan he did nothing particularly right or wrong yesterday, he was just quiet, in large part due to playing out of position and the style of football we played.

Whelan had a good game 

Apart from when he was colour blind ( often) when choosing to pass to a "team mate " who was wearing White

Are you saying Hendrick or Arter were any better? I certainly don't think they were. Whelan won the ball more than once and wasn't as anonymous as Hendrick. I'd really like to see how many times Hendrick had the ball yesterday and what he did with it. His movement was alright but he certainly wasn't as tenacious as Whelan or as mobile or demanding of the ball as Arter (or Hoolahan when he came on).

Hendrick was the one who should have made way for Hoolahan.
grannyrule View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote grannyrule Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by Het-field Het-field wrote:

I think what annoyed most punters yesterday was his anonymity. Not playing well and a lack of impression on the game is what set him aside for me. There is a good player there.

Happens far too often though, that is the problem. Jeff needs time on the bench. He is still living off that time he hit the bar against Sweden. In any case, I think the midfield shoud be Arter & McCarthy in the holding roles and Brady, Hoolahan, McClean in front of them. 

Edited by grannyrule - 12 Jun 2017 at 7:16pm
The only way is up
ringerbell View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ringerbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 7:01pm
He was shocking yesterday forgot he was on the pitch at times. Was amazed he lasted the full 90 minutes and says alot about our manager when he leaves him on and takes lads off who were playing better than him
the closest i will ever come to playing for ireland https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0_7w4JyvI4
Het-field View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

By Appointment to His Majesty The King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Het-field Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 6:58pm
I think what annoyed most punters yesterday was his anonymity. Not playing well and a lack of impression on the game is what set him aside for me. There is a good player there.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2017 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by CillDara CillDara wrote:

He didn't have a good game yesterday but nobody did apart from Walters. Didn't think Hendrick was any worse than a lot of our other players on the pitch but he is definitely not an advanced midfielder, I hope we never see him played there again.

Advanced Midfielder is his best position...

Where hes being played is not the problem.. As I've said numerous times in the past after spending a full year defending him he's just extremely lazy during bad spells of the game.

If you watch him during the Euro's where the whole team was up for it, and then the qualifier games, the difference is night and day
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8586878889 143>
  Share Topic