FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 143>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:55pm
Yes. Civil cases: balance of probabilities (i.e. if you prove something is more likely than not, you win). Criminal cases: beyond reasonable doubt, which is a much higher standard.
Sponsored Links

Denis Irwin View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Stay Home & watch Lethal Weapon

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:30pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Yeah, a civil action for damages. The worst thing there is having to pay out cash. The criminal trial had the very real potential for a prison sentence, which is now gone.

Is there a Lower burden of proof in the civil courts ?
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Bill O'Herlihy: Ah ye can't be saying that now Eamonn
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:16pm
Yeah, a civil action for damages. The worst thing there is having to pay out cash. The criminal trial had the very real potential for a prison sentence, which is now gone.
bogball88 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogball88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:11pm
Your man is taking his own private action as well isn't he?
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 1:02pm
Yeah, the issue was clearly that the jury didn't believe a word your man said. There was no other evidence to back up his word: clearly the CCTV didn't show Hendrick pulling him from the car, and the other witnesses didn't see what happened, nor were there any admissions.

So you have the word of one man, who clearly has a motivation to get a civil settlement from Hendrick, and who has engaged in some particularly nasty behaviour since the incident, up against an absence of any other evidence. Could you be satisfied beyond a reasonable doubt? Clearly the jury weren't. It doesn't seem like a massive surprise, put like that. As the remainder of the evidence came out, an acquittal started to look more and more likely.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:59pm
Coppers gold card in the post, I imagine.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:58pm
Originally posted by John Wick John Wick wrote:

Bunged the victim a few quid

How did ye work that out. The case wasn't dropped
Eamonn Dunphy:"I'll tell you who wrote it, Rod Liddle, he's the guy who ran away and left his wife for a young one".

Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:54pm
All ended quite well for Jeff , anyway he is out on the lash with his mates and may even go clubbing later on Nuke
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Denis Irwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 12:45pm
Found not guilty

Cathalthesmart View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cathalthesmart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 9:45am
Well since we keep winning and competing for qualification no matter the group or manager maybe this really is our weight...
Hi Lads
longford claret View Drop Down
500 Club la la la
500 Club la la la

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote longford claret Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2017 at 9:44am
Sean Dyche does like us punching above our weight.
Claret Murph View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Hmmm, Goodness, I must say

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claret Murph Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 2017 at 2:28pm
So day two in the dock for Jeff , will he walk out of court , hummmm can't see him doing jail time really .
Lansdowne Road debut aged 52 and 201 days .
MC Hammered View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MC Hammered Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 4:28pm

I think there is defo a player in Jeff as he has shown at times, not recently though. MON likes him as he is big and physical which theoretically should suit our direct style. He certainly doesn't look like the nippy, busy centre midfield presence anyway. 

However, he seemed to be caught between the lines on Sunday. He wasn't far enough advanced to pick up breaking balls and he didn't run beyond Walters at any stage. Neither did he have the guile to demand the ball and spread threading passes into dangerous areas. He looked lost and I think we can forget about him as a #10 for the time being.  
El Puto Amo
TheMightyQuinn View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheMightyQuinn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 4:11pm
good points by Elliott.
when he has been good (i think both the Germany games, the Euros) he definitely has a certain amount of class that most of our players are lacking, but his ability to disappear is Houdiniesq.

I think two things:
One: the manager needs to be put him a position that he can be successful in-getting the ball in the right places, not having long balls fly over his head all game and then expecting him to be able to turn it on in the odd instance he receives it. 

Two: he needs to stay focused for the whole game and find ways to get involved when things aren't going his way. He was completely irrelevant on the field. We can't afford to automatically hand every start to a player who is that inconsistent. Maybe this is a pipe dream, but this could be an opportunity for some mentorship from Roy with respect to engagement on the field for 90 mins, and maybe that is best done sitting and watching for a game.   
You'll not see nothing like the Mighty Quinn
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:50pm
Can't argue much with that article.
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
davekoolhill View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davekoolhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:35pm
Some interesting views from Stephen Elliott on Hendrick.

Could he do with some time on the bench?
Twitter: DaveOGrady1
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by coyne coyne wrote:

Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Originally posted by kearney304 kearney304 wrote:

Good to see him come on social media and admit he was terrible. Respect for that. While I agree he has been terrible, he is also a massive scapegoat. 
Did he admit he was terrible Sunday or in general? I respect his honesty if it was the latter.

Hasn't been that bad PM! LOLLOL

Definitely a poor qualifiers though.
He has been though, he has been truly awful! He got hyped over  after the Euros but has done f**k all before or after. He clearly has talent and has shown it in spells but has no application of it at all. He has a massive attitude problem as well. I think the Derby fans used to say one good game in 8, I don't think he has even hit that for Ireland.
32 games for Ireland and most of the debate is still centring around where he can play and what he does. 

Who's overhyped him? I think people forget that he still has years ahead of him.

I don't think he's been a bad buy for Burnley either, £10 million for a newly promoted team, they're always going to be on the back foot in games because of that. 
There's been cases where he was just simply outclassed by the opposition but at the same time there was the live Monday night game (forgot the opposition team) where he ran the show and he's got himself Goal of the Season for Burnley, definitely not a terrible season at all.

I just wish he'd inspire the team more, get stuck in challenges when the opposition are enjoying lots of opposition because right now he couldn't be any less inspiring.
Plenty have on here.
I haven't watched him at Burnley, but one great performance and a good goal doesn't sound like anything to be getting too excited about. At Derby he had more bad games than good, when he was good he could be very good, which is why, along with the ridiculous bookings and Kevin Paterson posture, leads me to think he has an attitude problem. 
In fairness, at least he has recognised he was poor here and you have to, joking aside , respect that.
Devrozex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Devrozex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2017 at 3:00pm

I'm actually a little reassured about that. I thought he might be one of these delusional types that is enabled by a manager leaving him on the pitch for 90 minutes at the expense of others.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8485868788 143>
  Share Topic