FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeff Hendrick

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 143>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:24pm
Sponsored Links

Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 11:25am
Originally posted by erimus erimus wrote:

seems matt richie is leaving bournemouth for newcastle so they could possibly be looking at him

i think bournemouth might be a good move for him. i think he could establish himself there.
erimus View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erimus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 11:10am
seems matt richie is leaving bournemouth for newcastle so they could possibly be looking at him
This is our f**king country we're talking about - Keano

ROLL ON 2016
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 11:08am
Originally posted by SByrne24 SByrne24 wrote:

Had a quick google search this morning.

Galatasary expected to put an offer in for him his week, I don't know how I feel about that. I was hoping Everton would come in for him under Koeman, however playing in a good standard of league surrounded by very good players playing Champions league would be fantastic however their manager relatively unproven, infact its his first big club.

no way will he end up at galatasaray
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 11:04am
I have been following him for about that time, I was surprised. He often drifted out of games, gave the ball away a lot and if you had told me he would be Irealnd's best player at a major tournament I would have laughed you out of it.
SByrne24 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SByrne24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 11:03am
Had a quick google search this morning.

Galatasary expected to put an offer in for him his week, I don't know how I feel about that. I was hoping Everton would come in for him under Koeman, however playing in a good standard of league surrounded by very good players playing Champions league would be fantastic however their manager relatively unproven, infact its his first big club.

Edited by SByrne24 - 29 Jun 2016 at 11:04am
Dugs View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dugs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 11:00am
Originally posted by Lenny82 Lenny82 wrote:

I'm pretty sure he started every qualifier for us under O'Neill and got 2 very important assists along the way away to Germany and home to Georgia so I wouldn't consider his performances in France as a major surprise.

Probably slipped under the radar for a lot of people in the qualifiers whilst the RTE panel were busy slating Martin O'Neill or singing Hoolahan's praises.

anyonr who has been following him for the last 3-4 years with derby wouldnt be surprised. a lot of people might not have even heard off him before that though.
NaasTownElite View Drop Down
Joe Lapira
Joe Lapira

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NaasTownElite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 10:43am
He had a very good tournament would love to see him get a move to play in a higher standard league he certainly put his name out there with the manner of his performances in my view anyway. 

Felt him and McCarthy are a good duo together and I'd imagine we will see a lot more of them together going forward.
Lenny82 View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lenny82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 10:38am
I'm pretty sure he started every qualifier for us under O'Neill and got 2 very important assists along the way away to Germany and home to Georgia so I wouldn't consider his performances in France as a major surprise.

Probably slipped under the radar for a lot of people in the qualifiers whilst the RTE panel were busy slating Martin O'Neill or singing Hoolahan's praises.
DeclanDaly View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DeclanDaly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 3:32am
The Times are saying that Galatasaray had a goosey http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/clubs-on-alert-after-hendricks-euro-2016-heroics-jhjkffktg

I'd love to see him go abroad - albeit to a better league than Turkey. It can be risky but it could turn him into a quality player
You asked if I'd be anyone from history, fact or fiction, dead or alive:
I said "I'd be Tony Cascarino, circa 1995"
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 2:04am
Had a cracking tournament and the only disappointment for me is that he didn't get a goal. He definitely deserved one and went close a few times. He's a big player for us going forward now. Hopefully he kicks on another level even.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 1:33am
Well aware of his contract but he will want to play at a higher level and cash in on his reputation. English lads kept coming over to me in the pub asking me where he was from as they thought they had missed out on an English born player. I see no reason that he couldn't get himself a move to a decent EPL club. Maybe he just hit the form of his life at the right time or MON got the best out of him, but if he keeps that up we have a class player on our hands and the future isn't that bleak.
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 1:18am
Originally posted by pre Madonna pre Madonna wrote:

Had never impressed me much for club or country before these championships but he more than made up for it. Didn't look out of place against any of his illustrious opponents, I would have had him as our motm in every game. I think based on these performances Derby will have a job holding onto him.

Hendrick has a contract until 2018, Derby won't be under any pressure to sell. 

Hopefully if PL clubs do come in for him, they won't stand in his way and will sell for a reasonable price. 

Edited by Green Devil - 29 Jun 2016 at 1:19am
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:57am
Had never impressed me much for club or country before these championships but he more than made up for it. Didn't look out of place against any of his illustrious opponents, I would have had him as our motm in every game. I think based on these performances Derby will have a job holding onto him.
coyne View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:30am
Dunno where this myth he struggles at Derby keeps coming from.

Derby were top of the league with a 95% win rate with him in the team at Xmas ffs. LOL
Then he got injured and they failed to win in their next 6 games in January, typical Derby bottling or Hendrick that much influential I'll let people argue but he's anything but struggling.

He signed a new contract with them presuming it'll be the season they go up, he's surely gotta be looking at a move now.

Edited by coyne - 29 Jun 2016 at 12:31am
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jun 2016 at 12:19am
Originally posted by rebelbrowser rebelbrowser wrote:

It is always a bit dangerous to judge a player on a summer tournament.  There are numerous examples of players who have lit up international tournaments, received big money moves on foot of it and then flopped spectacularly.  Immediate examples would be Karol Poborsky, Toto Schiallachi and Eric Djemba Djemba (so good they named him....etc).

I was blown away by Hendrick at this tournament.  He was the first Irish midfielder I saw demanding the ball since Roy.  But its a bit of a concern that he struggled for his game in the Championship last year (even allowing for injuries).  If he is as good as he appeared this last month you would have expected him to be a regular in the PL by now.

Hopefully he's the exception that proves the rule....

He still played over 30 times for them in the Championship last season, along with a muscle injury he also has the assault case too.

He'll be automatic for Derby next season no doubt.
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
Salmon of Knowledge View Drop Down
Phil Babb
Phil Babb

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Salmon of Knowledge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by Shedite Shedite wrote:

Bit of a weird one, but do ya think if he'd a more "Irish" name he'd be more of a superstar? A lot of people over the last few weeks are very surprised to hear he's a born and bred Dub, assumed he's another one of the granny rule Irish.

If he was a O'Sullivan, Murphy, McCarthy or whatever he'd have a bigger profile IMO.

Regardless, great player and hopefully one of the first name on the teamsheet for the next campaign

Ha, I couldn't care less if a lad was called Gusty Spence if he did the business for us on the pitch.
Fireball07 View Drop Down
Kevin Kilbane
Kevin Kilbane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fireball07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 7:12pm
He had a fantastic tournament; I've always been a big fan but he played even better than I thought he could. Could easily get a move out of the tournament.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 116117118119120 143>
  Share Topic