Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9969979989991000 1460>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 2017 at 12:18am
Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Originally posted by FrankosHereNow FrankosHereNow wrote:

It's not 1972 anymore. Finishing in the top 4 is a very good season for Liverpool.

About 20 years out in terms of the last time only Champions qualified for the 'Champions League'.
More to do with the Shankley quote Gaz which you were well aware of.

Ok, sorry.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Sponsored Links

Gavintheslob View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 8:48am
28 years on and it's still mad think that 96 people who didn't return after a football game.

Was speaking to a scouser last night and he was telling me about the day and that he had just started attending Liverpool matches but was allowed yet attend an away game. He told of his dad and his friend who went to the game and as the events unfolded on the TV theyou grew increasingly worried about the whereabouts of his dad. They had no means of contact as they had no mobiles as it was 1989 and no house phone.

So they decided to go to lime Street station and just wait to see if he would return on a train or coach. They inspected every train and coach that arrived and thankfully late at night he returned however without his best mate who died on the day.

It was just mad to hear it from somebody who feels the pain of it all to this day.
Its very frustrating being a Slob
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2017 at 2:26pm
Worked with a Scouser in London who was at the game.

He would never talk about and never went to another match since.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 3:40pm
Mignolet very good under the high ball. Big clean sheet for him and the side. Fighting for 3rd spot now with City it seems. Morenos miss late on LOL
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 4:19pm
Mignolet has been playing very well lately.

Another ugly win too, Moreno was lucky Liverpool held out for that win.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 9:34pm
He has made some saves that won us the points alright. It's good when your keeper can do that for you. Moreno is a tool. How did he miss that and he should of played in sturridge I think it was

2 massive wins. Didn't see us getting 6 points from them two games. Gotta keep going with utd keeping the pressure on.

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 10:09pm
In fairness to Moreno, I actually think Sturridge was awful in that instance. He got ahead of Moreno iirc and would have been offside {there was only 1 player goalside of him}. Must look at it again. Not really sure how Moreno misses the target any way. Horror miss even from 40 odd yards.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 10:57am
Didn't notice sturridge would have been offside.

Where will he end up in the summer and how much could Liverpool possibly get for him
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 12:44pm
Wherever he ends up you have to think he's a certainty to move on. Plenty of middling PL teams would fork out a bit of money for a player like him. Wet Ham, Stoke, Newcastle maybe even.
lassassinblanc View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
Cheese, it’s not just for eating

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lassassinblanc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Wherever he ends up you have to think he's a certainty to move on. Plenty of middling PL teams would fork out a bit of money for a player like him. Wet Ham, Stoke, Newcastle maybe even.

He was linked with Newcastle alright, would be a decent signing for any team if he could remain fit
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 3:11pm
What numbers are we talking. It's hard to put a price on him
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 4:25pm
I would guess they'd get somewhere in the region of 10 million plus for him. Getting his wages off the books and replacing those wages with a quality player who the manager actually rates highly would be the biggest plus from selling Sturridge. the actual price tag isn't necessarily the most important thing imo.
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
It’s Nessa actually

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gavintheslob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 5:58pm
Would of thought more considering we managed to get 15 for Ibe
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 8:05pm

Big smile
Originally posted by Bob Hoskins Bob Hoskins wrote:

Are you putting a large bet on them Moleman? I only bet from time to time, but If I was as confident as you are, I'd be backing it to the hilt. 
I already have numerous large and small bets placed on the fortunes of the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and United in the PL this season. From months back when the odds were far more generous. I will be making a nice bit of money soon I believe, so no need to be topping it up.

You know the rules postt hem up there, or you'll be accussed of taking the pilot's place, 
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 8:21pm
Sturridge is an absolute quality player, when fit, one of the best in the EPL, his ability to put the ball in the net from anywhere is unreal.

It's clear that Klopp doesn't rate him, which is another one of his downfalls.

If a manager showed faith in him like Rodgers did, you could see him scoring 20 goals a season (pending fitness).

Absolute super player.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 9:22pm

Big smile

Are you putting a large bet on them Moleman? I only bet from time to time, but If I was as confident as you are, I'd be backing it to the hilt. 
I already have numerous large and small bets placed on the fortunes of the likes of Liverpool, Spurs and United in the PL this season. From months back when the odds were far more generous. I will be making a nice bit of money soon I believe, so no need to be topping it up.

You know the rules postt hem up there, or you'll be accussed of taking the pilot's place, 

LOL LOL LOL That's harsh comparing me to Byrner! I do numerous bets every season and never really felt this need to post up pictures of these things if challenged. It's not like I have been saying all season that Arsenal are going to win the title and all of a sudden in April pretending I never backed them. Spurs were my bet of the season in terms of top 4 and also unreal value for the title. Even just over a couple of months ago you could get over even money on them just finishing in top 4. Liverpool were 9/1 before a ball was kicked to finish top scorers in the PL. I have bits and pieces going on all sorts of bets.
Neil Armstrong View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Cyavan Cyunt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Armstrong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 5:23pm
Hope he cant play against us this weekend??

Mamadou Sakho has no future at Liverpool - Sky sources

Mamadou Sakho has impressed during his loan spell at Crystal Palace

Sky sources understand there will be no way back for Mamadou Sakho at Liverpool, despite the news he should not have served a drugs ban.

Liverpool have so far declined to comment, but we understand they are looking at their options with regard to seeking compensation, given Sakho was unavailable for eight games at the end of last season, including the Europa League final.

It's a heavyweight week of action live only on Sky Sports.

However, Sky sources understand there will be no reprieve for Sakho in terms of his Liverpool career and the intention is to move him on in the summer.

Liverpool value the defender at £30m and given the level of club currently tracking him, they will be hopeful of getting that.

Sakho has played a key role in Crystal Palace's Premier League revival

Seville were prepared to pay £20m for him in January and at that point he had not played a game this season.

He has since moved to Crystal Palace on loan and has helped them ease away from the relegation zone under Sam Allardyce, helping them win five out of the seven games in which he has featured.

Ulster Champions 2020 our 40th Title. Take that all ye Moanaghan ***ts!
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2017 at 6:06pm
Pretty sure Sakho can't play against Liverpool under PL loan rules. He is a quality player so would think Liverpool could easily get 20-30 million for him in the summer. Klopp will have his hands full trying to get a replacement as good as him, besides the fact he's a headbanger!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9969979989991000 1460>
  Share Topic