You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 1460>
Author
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:39am

One of my bosses bet £50 with me yesterday that Liverpool would finish above United this season! Had to laugh about an hour later when the Lucas rumours started! The face on his today when it was confirmed was even better.

Sponsored Links

Carmody 10 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:43am
Originally posted by kevjreilly kevjreilly wrote:

Time for jay to step up, no hope of aqua man coming over with selvey already being recalled. Henderson can also fill in at centre mid, i actually think we will see the best from him at centre
But in the role Lucas played ? Not a chance he'll be eaten alive. I'd have Gerrard/Adam in the centre over a Hendo/Adam, but jasus knows when Gerrrard will crawl off the physio table.
Out of order
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:50am
Originally posted by seaniemac seaniemac wrote:

One of my bosses bet £50 with me yesterday that Liverpool would finish above United this season! Had to laugh about an hour later when the Lucas rumours started! The face on his today when it was confirmed was even better.

Jeesus Sean, Lucas news aside, that has to be the worst bet I've ever heard of!  Easy £50 that.  As I've said on these forums before, it's really easy to get stupid bets on Man United in November..I've got loads myself, but £50 on Liverpool finishing above them?  That genuinely made me laugh out loud!

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 9:53am
Would try Henderson in the centre maybe. Spearing is not good enough. would do with aquaman now!
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:01am
Think Spearing has done more than enough in the last year or so to warrant a chance in place of Lucas. Even at Chelsea the other night, he was very composed on the ball and rarely put a pass wrong.
Out of order
Bob Hoskins View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob Hoskins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 10:28am
Liverpool must have the best head to head against the Top teams, Spurs the only bogey team under Dalglish and they must also have the worst record against the newly promoted teams to.

Odd
Romario 2016: And the ticket mafia gets caught! Well, four years ago I had already told the government.
seaniemac View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seaniemac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:34am
Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

Jeesus Sean, Lucas news aside, that has to be the worst bet I've ever heard of!  Easy £50 that.  As I've said on these forums before, it's really easy to get stupid bets on Man United in November..I've got loads myself, but £50 on Liverpool finishing above them?  That genuinely made me laugh out loud!

I know, you have to love the optimism of them. He's normally a clued up lad too so that's what made it all the more surprising. Have a calender invite for the entire team for Monday the 14th May next year for his to present the money to me!!
Siralex View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Poor Man's Duncan Castles

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Siralex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec 2011 at 11:53am

Originally posted by Siralex Siralex wrote:

I know, you have to love the optimism of them. He's normally a clued up lad too so that's what made it all the more surprising. Have a calender invite for the entire team for Monday the 14th May next year for his to present the money to me!!

The hard on people get when United have their annual November stumble is baffling! It's clearly just blind optimism. It's the same every year!!!

If I keep writing enough hagiographic articles on Man Utd, they might give me a job
PhilliyK View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Granny Grabber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PhilliyK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 8:51am
I know its only half time but LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
The Count View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Count Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 1:42pm
harry View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 2:26pm
LOL Clap
Billy O'Toole View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady
Official forum mess

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Billy O'Toole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 3:08pm

| Home | Away
Team P W D L F A W D L F A GD PTS
1 Man City 18 9 0 0 28 4 5 3 1 25 11 38 45
2 Man Utd 18 7 1 1 28 11 7 2 0 19 3 33 45
3 Tottenham 16 6 1 1 17 8 5 1 2 15 11 13 35
4 Chelsea 18 6 1 2 22 13 4 3 2 14 8 15 34

5 Arsenal 17 6 1 1 14 5 4 1 4 19 20 8 32

6 LiverpoolCool 18 3 6 0 11 7 5 1 3 10 7 7 31
7 Newcastle 18 4 3 2 12 11 4 3 2 13 11 3 30
8 Stoke 18 4 3 2 12 9 3 1 5 6 19 -10 25
9 West Brom 18 2 2 5 7 11 4 2 3 12 15 -7 22
10 Everton Thumbs Up 17 3 2 4 9 10 3 1 4 9 10 -2 21
Ybig holy jaysus - 4 points for Gerk & Count
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 4:29pm
60m on 2 strikers that couldnt finish a hot dinner

sunderland bolton and blacburn have scored more goals than liverpool this season
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Shoco View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Hail Hail the Celts are here

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shoco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 5:24pm
Originally posted by Vivakenbarlow Vivakenbarlow wrote:

60m on 2 strikers that couldnt finish a hot dinner

sunderland bolton and blacburn have scored more goals than liverpool this season

they have the joint best defensive record in the league

YOUR 3 IN A ROW LEAGUE CHAMPIONS
Vivakenbarlow View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivakenbarlow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 5:32pm
Newcastle got 35 for carroll and brought in ba for nothing- he has like 20 goals in 25 starts for newcastle- that was some bit of business- but sure it was chelseas money anyway i supposeEmbarrassed

How much money have liverpool spent on midfielders and strikers in the last 12 months an they have a pathetic 21 goals in the league this season
It took City 44 years to win the league and 10 months to lose it
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carmody 10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2011 at 6:25pm
Decent away from home, pure and utter sh*te at home. Downing deserves the bullet and Carroll wont be far behind him at this rate. The owners are going to have to fork out big money again on a holding midfielder in january and a goalscorer as they dont have one at the moment.
Out of order
Green Devil View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Aye Kes, I've pissed me-self again

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Green Devil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 2:36pm
Winning 3-1 against Newcastle and half of my mates who support Liverpool are on facebook celebrating LOL

City , United , Chelsea , Arsenal , Spurs will all be ahead of Liverpool come the end of the season....Spearing wouldnt make any of those clubs bench let alone first 11
"He drives two Ferraris; I think he's a very lucky lad to have 50 caps for Ireland,"

Eamonn Dunphy on Glenn Whelan
tribalarmy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tribalarmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2011 at 2:38pm
People really do love talking about ''Liverpool fans on Facebook''.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 1460>
  Share Topic