Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14511452145314541455 1459>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:37am
Yep, Real Madrid job possibly up in 2025
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:45am
If I was Alonso, I'd stay with the team I had just won the German league with and take them into the CL and see what happens from there. He is still a young manager so plenty of time.

Its more than likely he is next in line for the Real job as well so timing wise it makes sense to stay another year as Ancellotti will likely leave in 2025.

In addition, the next in line after Klopp is going to be a massive job, like post-Ferguson (not as extreme but up there). Whoever goes in is on a hiding to nothing unless they are competing at the top straight away.

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 11:53am
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

If I was Alonso, I'd stay with the team I had just won the German league with and take them into the CL and see what happens from there. He is still a young manager so plenty of time.

Its more than likely he is next in line for the Real job as well so timing wise it makes sense to stay another year as Ancellotti will likely leave in 2025.

In addition, the next in line after Klopp is going to be a massive job, like post-Ferguson (not as extreme but up there). Whoever goes in is on a hiding to nothing unless they are competing at the top straight away.

Only one man for the job.  Based in Liverpool for years.  Knows the club and the people.

West Ham manager David Moyes signs new three-year contract
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2024 at 12:30pm
I thought he was going to Bayern.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 4:05pm
Phew!!! 
Had a really bad feeling about the game today. And how the match was going it was only further fueling that feeling as like the Utd game, we were finishing them off when we had the chances.
Such a relief when whistle went.

McAlister was brilliant today. 

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 4:11pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Phew!!! 
Had a really bad feeling about the game today. And how the match was going it was only further fueling that feeling as like the Utd game, we were finishing them off when we had the chances.
Such a relief when whistle went.

McAlister was brilliant today. 

Can't see Liverpool winning it.  Too many injuries, kids and pressure.  Seem to struggle to get wins.

City or Arsenal will do it.

If I was Liverpool I would try to convince Alonso to come next year and ask Klopp to stay on 1 more year.

horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 4:23pm
But they are winning games with these injuries and kids! and the injured players will return soon enough.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 4:36pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

But they are winning games with these injuries and kids! and the injured players will return soon enough.

Yeah but it seems to be hard work and a struggle.  Thye looked nervous today.  Too much pressure to win it in Klopps last season. 

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 9:18pm
City not the team they were last season anyway
Gundogan and Mahrez leaving and being replaced by Doku and Nunes was a big downgrade
Seem to have lost a bit of creativity 

Arsenal defended well today. Bit of a damp squib  

Liverpool to win it, as I’ve said for months 
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Yeah but it seems to be hard work and a struggle.  Thye looked nervous today.  Too much pressure to win it in Klopps last season. 

They’ve been doing that all season 
Countless games they’ve conceded first and there’s been no doubt that they’d come back and win
Only 9 to go, no reason with key men coming back from injury also that they can’t win most if not all of those.
Effectively have a 4 point cushion on City 

eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 10:21pm
https://twitter.com/LusbyJack/status/1774470743658504307?s=19

If course the beggar is an Irish lad. Gave it to the ball boy (academy player) instead. Last week there were lads fighting over a jersey at match. 
JUICEBOMB View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JUICEBOMB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Gundogan and Mahrez leaving and being replaced by Doku and Nunes was a big downgrade

Yeah I can’t see city winning it after not winning today.poor game but arsenal will be the happier side.city never went for the juggler and were very slow in the build up.looks now like that when KDB isn’t on it neither is haaland….haaland needs to do more in games like today where he isn’t getting a lot of service.still fancy city for the champions league though.
hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard
nirvana2024 View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 10:43pm

Liverpool lack a midfielder who can control games . When ever they go ahead the lack a player who can see the game out .
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 11:24pm
Originally posted by JUICEBOMB JUICEBOMB wrote:

Yeah I can’t see city winning it after not winning today.poor game but arsenal will be the happier side.city never went for the juggler and were very slow in the build up.looks now like that when KDB isn’t on it neither is haaland….haaland needs to do more in games like today where he isn’t getting a lot of service.still fancy city for the champions league though.

I think City lack a real playmaker in midfield . I think Pep should play Foden in their . It looks like De Bryune is finished at the top level . His legs are gone .

I think Real Madrid will destroy them . Man City are pretty open at the back and when they go a goal behind they lack the creativity to break a team down and are so vulnerable when you hit them on the break.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2024 at 11:30pm
A thing with City this season I find is that you always find defenders who have no creativity in good attacking positions a lot of the time, the likes of Akanji, Walker or Gvardiol aren't going to open up a defence. 

Gvardiol probably had his best game of the season so far today mind you. 

Silva isn't firing on all cylinders either. Wheres Oscar Bobb gone, scored a great goal at Newcastle and barely featured since. Foden has carried the team truth be told in a creative/attacking sense for most of this season. 

Just saw the run ins there, Liverpool have a run of 3 away games in a row - Everton, Fulham and West Ham, followed by Spurs at home and Villa away. Interesting run of fixtures. 

I still expect City to drop more points. They aren't capable of going on a long winning run this season. 

Not really bothered about Arsenal's run in to be honest 

Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nirvana2024 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:17am

A thing with City this season I find is that you always find defenders who have no creativity in good attacking positions a lot of the time, the likes of Akanji, Walker or Gvardiol aren't going to open up a defence. 

Gvardiol probably had his best game of the season so far today mind you. 

Silva isn't firing on all cylinders either. Wheres Oscar Bobb gone, scored a great goal at Newcastle and barely featured since. Foden has carried the team truth be told in a creative/attacking sense for most of this season. 

Just saw the run ins there, Liverpool have a run of 3 away games in a row - Everton, Fulham and West Ham, followed by Spurs at home and Villa away. Interesting run of fixtures. 

I still expect City to drop more points. They aren't capable of going on a long winning run this season. 

Not really bothered about Arsenal's run in to be honest 

Typical Pep thinks he can reinvent the wheel and turn his defenders in to attackers. No wonder City look so vulnerable on the break.

I think Pep overates Rodri. He sees him as some sort of playmaker . He really isn't .

Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 12:25am
Pep should consider giving you a call for advice 
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2024 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Brighton are a good team and have always done well against Liverpool. So this was a very good result for Liverpool - in other years they would have probably conceded a late equaliser.

He wouldn't set me free,
na na na na na na na na.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14511452145314541455 1459>
  Share Topic