Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13291330133113321333 1460>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 6:27pm
Liverpool are still 9/2 to win the Champions League. For anyone who likes a bet, that is an incredible price. They should be around the 6/4 mark imo.

Also, they are 13/10 to beat Atletico away which is good value. They are miles better than this Atletico side. Hard to see anything other than Liverpool going through comfortably over 2 legs.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Originally posted by Denis Irwin Denis Irwin wrote:

Originally posted by McG McG wrote:

https://www.the42.ie/steven-gerrard-peter-moore-short-term-deal-5002480-Feb2020/

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Good lord Embarrassed

EmbarrassingEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Let King Kenny come and play the last few months.  Be great to have on his CV.

Imagine if Gerrard did sign.  He'd be the biggest laughing stock in history surpassing John
Terry.
King Kenny has plenty of league titles and European Cups on his CV already TJ.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2020 at 11:35pm
Yeah but you're only as good as your last game
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Liverpool are still 9/2 to win the Champions League. For anyone who likes a bet, that is an incredible price. They should be around the 6/4 mark imo.

Also, they are 13/10 to beat Atletico away which is good value. They are miles better than this Atletico side. Hard to see anything other than Liverpool going through comfortably over 2 legs.

LOL f**k off.
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 12:19pm
Looks like, all things going to plan, the new Anfield Road stand could be open in 2022
eireland View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eireland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 12:53pm
That will bring capacity to 61k. Is there still room for expansion on the other 2 stands if they ever wish? 
Artie Ziff View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Artie Ziff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 1:24pm
Coronavirus epidemic ceases all sporting events. While for now that's unlikely but it can't be dismissed either. - This would be very ironic. 
It would damage this forums' reputation
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 1:25pm
Originally posted by eireland eireland wrote:

That will bring capacity to 61k. Is there still room for expansion on the other 2 stands if they ever wish? 

I think it is unlikely to get any bigger at the current location in the near future.
Walton Breck road practically touches the back of the Kop so if that was to be redeveloped then it would basically need to have the same footprint as now.
The King Kenny stand could be done in the same way as the new main stand but that would require Skerrries Road to be built on.
Biggest blocker to getting bigger is the limited options in terms of transporting people to and from the ground. Only so much traffic the area can take and no real viable options in terms of a rail link. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL f**k off.

Even if they got to the 1/2 finals they wouldn’t be that low.....

They are the best team in it but over 2 legs the best teams doesn’t always win.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

I think it is unlikely to get any bigger at the current location in the near future.
Walton Breck road practically touches the back of the Kop so if that was to be redeveloped then it would basically need to have the same footprint as now.
The King Kenny stand could be done in the same way as the new main stand but that would require Skerrries Road to be built on.
Biggest blocker to getting bigger is the limited options in terms of transporting people to and from the ground. Only so much traffic the area can take and no real viable options in terms of a rail link. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada_Dock_Branch

Direct trains are possible to a line about fifteen minutes walk away, albeit the station isn't built. It's currently a freight only line, so there's definitely capacity.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/work-starts-figure-out-anfield-17436566

Edited by SuperDave84 - 12 Feb 2020 at 2:22pm
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

LOL f**k off.

Even if they got to the 1/2 finals they wouldn’t be that low.....

They are the best team in it but over 2 legs the best teams doesn’t always win.

They are the best team in it by a distance and once more the bookies are hugely underplaying how far ahead of the pack they are. In the PL it wasn't until they had well over a 10 point lead that bookies and fans realised they are miles ahead of this City side. It's been a constant with Liverpool over the last few years and there's money to be made from it.

I never get the best team doesn't always go through over 2 legs btw. Obviously there will be the odd situation where a whole load of scenarios go a poorer teams way and they qualify over a stronger side, but it is a tiny minority. Liverpool btw have not lost a 2 legged European tie under Klopp.

They should be about 6-4. That doesn't mean that no other side hasn't a chance in terms of the odds. It just means that Liverpool are rightfully well ahead of the pack which they clearly are.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Originally posted by Borussia Borussia wrote:

Direct trains are possible to a line about fifteen minutes walk away, albeit the station isn't built. It's currently a freight only line, so there's definitely capacity.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/work-starts-figure-out-anfield-17436566

I should have known better than to mention trains around SD!
The latest submissions from the club on the new stand indicate that it's a no-go in the short to medium term. The costs involved would be huge and nobody keen to pay for it.

SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 3:03pm
Having said all that, City are still ahead of Liverpool in the xPts table.

City have been let down somewhat by their defence conceding a few more than the xG but, much more than that, Liverpool have gained from not conceding anywhere near as many goals as xG would have it.

This season is over but next season should, if those trends continue, be a lot closer.
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

Having said all that, City are still ahead of Liverpool in the xPts table.

City have been let down somewhat by their defence conceding a few more than the xG but, much more than that, Liverpool have gained from not conceding anywhere near as many goals as xG would have it.

This season is over but next season should, if those trends continue, be a lot closer.

I've no idea about or interest in xG, but they've also been let down at the other end by their finishing. They've easily had the most shots at goal in the league, twice as many attempts as 3rd place Leicester I saw a stat saying last week, (think it was roughly 350 compared to 175).

Take the last two games for example, Man U in the league cup and Spurs in the league. No goals scored despite dozens of attempts and chances created.
And that's before you talk about the missed penalties.

Can't blame it all on the defence for City this season

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 12 Feb 2020 at 3:36pm
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 3:49pm
Should try and find an upgrade on Gabriel Jesus.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 4:36pm
Agree with Hans on Liverpool's odds for the CL. I assumed they'd have been lower than 9/2 tbh. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by irishmufc irishmufc wrote:

Agree with Hans on Liverpool's odds for the CL. I assumed they'd have been lower than 9/2 tbh. 

These people have their chances of winning it at 21% i.e. just about 4/1, i.e. only marginally lower than 9/2:
Gary McKay View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Yo Adrian

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary McKay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2020 at 10:01pm
xG’s LOLLOL

Greatest loada bollix ever.

Quote Ray Houghton in Stuttgart “its not about how many chances you have, its about putting the ball in the back of the net. We did, they didnt”.
"Smalling and Jones.... have the potential to be the PL’s best ever pairing in my opinion." - SlurAlex
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13291330133113321333 1460>
  Share Topic