Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13161317131813191320 1459>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Nov 2019 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Gary McKay Gary McKay wrote:

Fabinho a big loss.
Pool’s best player this season.

City will close the gap.

The gap will at worst stay the same up to the weekend when Liverpool travel for the World club cup I'd say. For the start of a really hectic period for Liverpool the fixtures are a dream. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 2:32pm
Anywhere to watch the match?
Chelsea west ham the 3pm game Disapprove

Edited by t_rAndy - 30 Nov 2019 at 2:33pm
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 2:37pm
Anfield 
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 2:44pm
Jaysus that was poor bobby 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by t_rAndy t_rAndy wrote:

Anywhere to watch the match?
Chelsea west ham the 3pm game Disapprove

BEIN11 showing it if you have IPTV

Or try 
Hesgoals  

Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 4:53pm
Liverpool were dire in the 2nd half.  Nobody pressurising the ball.  Were very lucky to win that.
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Liverpool were dire in the 2nd half.  Nobody pressurising the ball.  Were very lucky to win that.

As they've been to win 13 out of 14 PL matches. It's what they are now, "lucky". First 6 months of last season were very similar, and then there was a big pick up in performance in the last couple of months of the PL and CL. The way they grind out results is massively similar to the Juve team from 3-4 years ago. Teams look like they have a chance against them, but they never really do.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
t_rAndy View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t_rAndy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 7:06pm
You don’t get lucky that many times in a row. We have a top side, we are not yet firing though. It says a lot about the team that we have got so many 1 goal wins and are 11 clear without playing anything close to our potential.
Full backs are just so great at attacking. It’s our deadly weapon that is separating us
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 7:17pm
The difference in the Liverpool and City fullbacks quality is massive 

I’d agree that it’s happened too often to be called luck, Liverpool are a well oiled machine even if they aren’t setting the world alight 
They were better last season I’d say but have more points this stage this season 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov 2019 at 7:28pm
The difference between last season and this is a couple of things. First, they are definitely attempting to play higher up the pitch. In the past 2 seasons they have become the best side I've seen in over 25 years at playing offside traps, but this season playing a little higher up when they do get caught it's more dangerous.

Then you look at personnel. They have been missing their first choice keeper for most PL games so far. Matip, who was absolutely superb has been missing the past couple of months and replaced by Lovren who is a calamity waiting to happen.

With all of that, they have the title wrapped up in November. World Club Cup and getting the result in Salzburg are the big things on the agenda now. I think they've an incredible chance of winning PL, CL and World Club Cup.
Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 9:51am
Best performance in a while last night, should've been 7 with Mane missing the 2 sitters. He'd some game though, that pass for the first Clap
Great to leave out 4/5 starters in a derby and get a result like that
Couldn't believe how poor Pickford was for some of the goals. Caught in the middle of nowhere not knowing whether to come or go back, shocking stuff 
Some people just deserve a slap
BigPodge View Drop Down
Paul McGrath
Paul McGrath
I'm the Gaffer

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigPodge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2019 at 10:41am
Originally posted by Croftman Croftman wrote:

Best performance in a while last night, should've been 7 with Mane missing the 2 sitters. He'd some game though, that pass for the first Clap
Great to leave out 4/5 starters in a derby and get a result like that
Couldn't believe how poor Pickford was for some of the goals. Caught in the middle of nowhere not knowing whether to come or go back, shocking stuff 

He is the most overrated goalie in the PL, absolutely sh*te!
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 4:17pm
Naby Keita having a great game, one goal and one assist.
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 4:53pm
Yep, he played well, delighted for him too.
There is a good player in there somewhere. Unlucky with injuries too.

Fabinho and Winaldum out injured, he should start seeing more game time over the coming weeks now.
It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Mulvanystrasse View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mulvanystrasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:06pm
Game changed just before halftime when Ake went off for Bournemouth and Simpson came on while Lovren went off for Liverpool and Alexander-Arnold came on. Bournemouth looked punch drunk by the 80th minute.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:28pm
This Liverpool side are phenomenal. If Liverpool needed 7/8 today, I reckon they'd have gotten them. Winning 3-0 away from home while playing well within themselves. Granted, Bournemouth are horrible at the moment and have lost all attacking purpose as a side. Salah looked very sharp again, which is huge as he's definitely struggled with the ankle the past month or 2.

Keita was superb. He is the one player that can take that midfield and team to another level if he can get a run of form. 
Zinedine Kilbane 110 View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
Man City records obsession

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zinedine Kilbane 110 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:46pm
Liverpool could end up winning the league by 10 pts. 
They are so consistent now, winning comfortably and able to rest players.

If they go:
Champions league RU
Champions leagues winners, 97pts in the league 
League winners ... on for 95+ points 

That’s some form over 3 seasons. 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2019 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by Zinedine Kilbane 110 Zinedine Kilbane 110 wrote:

Liverpool could end up winning the league by 10 pts. 
They are so consistent now, winning comfortably and able to rest players.

If they go:
Champions league RU
Champions leagues winners, 97pts in the league 
League winners ... on for 95+ points 

That’s some form over 3 seasons. 

I think they'll win the league by whatever total they want to. Depends on CL, if they go to the latter stages they'll rotate heavily in the league late on and the gap might shorten. Otherwise they'll hit 100 plus points easily.

Watching City here, they are awful defensively. Haven't a hope of catching Liverpool.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13161317131813191320 1459>
  Share Topic