Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12841285128612871288 1460>
Author
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:13pm
Just bring the 10 pairs of wellies into the bookies. You'll have 20 in a few weeks time to share with the quare wan.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Straws my good fellow. How so?

I feel like you and I have met before and are going to have a long, fruitful relationship on here Hug

Sorry but I don’t follow your second point. 

I think you’re clutching at straws in thinking City will drop points before the end of the season. There’s not a lot to it really. They’ve been beating teams easily recently regardless of how blindly you try to analyze them from your Liverpool loving perspective. 

Liverpool will come second with a phenomenal points total, nothing to be ashamed of but I just don’t think they’ll win the title.

I presume you'll be making an absolute fortune so? Even money on City winning their 4 remaining PL games. 100 percent return in just over 2 weeks. You'd be a special kind of stupid not to avail of such a dead cert, no?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:25pm
I don’t gamble pal, it’s a mugs game 
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:26pm
It's not a gamble though buddy.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:43pm
Agree with Hans on City's fixtures. If anything I think it's more unlikely that they won't drop points especially when one of those matches is a local derby. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:44pm

I don’t gamble pal, it’s a mugs game 

LOL

Oi facking Oirish mugs!!! 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Trap junior View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
YBIG Minister of Doom & Gloom

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trap junior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:46pm
The amount of Liverpool fans who will have a meltdown if they dont win the leagueLOL
Pied Piper to: Baldrick, Brendan 88, 9Fingers, Borussia and more...

97.6% chance this post will be replied to by Baldrick (source: PWC)
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:02pm

The Dunning-Kruger effect in full swing
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:08pm

The Dunning-Kruger effect in full swing

LOL LOL LOL

DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:08pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

The amount of Liverpool fans who will have a meltdown if they dont win the leagueLOL
It would be a joyous sight to behold, but the flutes will probably wreck every bar  with their stools over here
pre Madonna View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I am MALDING

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pre Madonna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by Trap junior Trap junior wrote:

Irish Liverpool fans are in a state of perpetual meltdown.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 10:47pm
I hope both sides win their remaining seven games, and City win the last one with a 93rd minute winner from Aguero, after the Liverpool match has finished. The meltdown would be epic.

Edited by SuperDave84 - 23 Apr 2019 at 10:48pm
Territorial View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:02am

It seems to me that Liverpool are absolutely flying it physically coming into the home straight. Now there is luck involved in that, but there's also good management involved. 
I read at the w/e that seven of Liverpool's players - Alisson 35, VVD 35, Robertson 33, Wijnaldum 32, Firminho 34, Salah 35 and Mane 33 - have missed just 8 league games between them this season.

That is phenomenal, bringing to mind Bill Shankly's famous Friday Press Conferences, when he'd announce to the assembled reporters: "Same team as last season, boys" LOL.

It is obviously a tribute to Klopp's management - I believe he took two of Bayern's top medical people to Anfield at the start of the season. Also a testament to the two warm weather breaks he's been able to fit in this season. It must help, too, that Liverpool have dominated so many of their games with ease, meaning that they're maybe not being so pushed physically as other teams. 

But there has to be a big dollop of luck involved, too, since a player can get injured even in innocuous circumstances. And going out of both the domestic cups at the first time of asking must also have been beneficial.

City for me are a bit all over the place.
That would be the same City who have won 10 consecutive PL games since the start of February, whilst also contesting 8 x FA Cup, Lge Cup and CL games.

They'll be some team if they ever should get their act together... Wink

Edited by Territorial - 24 Apr 2019 at 1:06am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:21am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There is not a hope of United lying down. As I said on Sunday, the 0-4 at Everton and manner of the performance was the worst possible result for City. 

You're talking about two separate things here, though - motivation and self-belief.

Of course Utd will have been stung by the Goodison defeat and criticism etc. And it being a derby, esp at OT, will only motivate them more. For that reason, I suspect it will be close, though with City just edging it.

But Utd's players will also have noted how City are a much better team than Everton; have had a day's extra rest; and have been winning so many games recently, often by big scores. 
Therefore at the back of their minds they must be worried that they could be in for an even bigger humiliation than on Sunday, only this time in front of their own fans (lacking self-belief etc).

One thing is clear, they really do need to avoid the concession of an early goal - one of City's particular strengths this season. Shocked

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:33am
Gotta love you Terri. Taking my City are all over the place comment totally out of context. Even funnier, my exact context was about current physical shape and how that has meant that Liverpool are flying, whereas 'City are a  bit all over the place'. As you said, you can more or less name Liverpools starting 11, give or take 1 or 2 midfielders being rotated. City - nobody knows who Laportes CB partner is. Who is their LB? Fernandinho in and out for the past 2 months. De Bruyne a handful of games all season. Silva and Aguero running on fumes for months it looks like. Sane, for me an incredible player, doing well to start 50 percent of games.

It's amazing Terri, while quoting 2 parts of the same post I made, you managed to take the part about City and totally flip it upside down. Btw, I'm aware of every single result City have had this season. I'm well aware that they are on an amazing PL winning run. I'm also aware that I backed Spurs at 7/2 to beat them in the first leg of their CL tie, and at 7/2 to qualify vs City in said CL tie. My bank account will attest to the fact that I know both Spurs and more specifically City well enough.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 24 Apr 2019 at 1:34am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 1:56am

Gotta love you Terri. Taking my City are all over the place comment totally out of context. Even funnier, my exact context was about current physical shape and how that has meant that Liverpool are flying, whereas 'City are a  bit all over the place'. As you said, you can more or less name Liverpools starting 11, give or take 1 or 2 midfielders being rotated. City - nobody knows who Laportes CB partner is. Who is their LB? Fernandinho in and out for the past 2 months. De Bruyne a handful of games all season. Silva and Aguero running on fumes for months it looks like. Sane, for me an incredible player, doing well to start 50 percent of games.

It's amazing Terri, while quoting 2 parts of the same post I made, you managed to take the part about City and totally flip it upside down. Btw, I'm aware of every single result City have had this season. I'm well aware that they are on an amazing PL winning run. I'm also aware that I backed Spurs at 7/2 to beat them in the first leg of their CL tie, and at 7/2 to qualify vs City in said CL tie. My bank account will attest to the fact that I know both Spurs and more specifically City well enough.
"Out of context", is it?

From the exact same paragraph as "...they look knackered half the time...    ... very little consistency in selection...          ... but it's just not a good place to be"

Fact is, Pep is quite prepared to rotate his selections according to the challenge being faced (four challenges, actually) and has been remarkably successful in doing so. He has the squad to do it, after all. And this season will have been outstanding whether they just pip Liverpool to the title or Liverpool just pip them.

But your problem is that with typical hyperbole, you are treating this as a sort of zero-sum game. That is, it isn't enough just to credit Liverpool for their efforts, you also have equally to find some way to discredit City's chances, almost as if internet ranting is somehow going to determine the outcome. LOL

Fact is, the title race is too close to call with certainty by anyone. Indeed, the only things anyone knows for sure is (a ) that should City win their last four games, they WILL win the title, and (b ) they are capable of winning them.

Edited by Territorial - 24 Apr 2019 at 1:58am
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 2:07am
Terri you're talking utter gibberish. Better still though, you're well aware you are talking utter gibberish.

Just on Guardiola. It was that inconsistency in selection that has Spurs in a CL SF and City players scratching their holes at home. Guardiola rotates. I know this. I've addressed this 100 times on here. For some reason, you often think you are correcting me when I've pointed out certain things like that countless times before.

By the time you get to the last 9/10 games of a season, there should be some semblance of a settled team. That may not always be possible, due to key players bring injured etc., but in City's case there has been little consistency in what were the clutch games of the season. Spurs away in a CL QF. Rest De Bruyne, but play him a few days later away to Crystal Palace. Start Mahrez who has no recent form. Start Delph at LB. No Stones, Kompany in. Just absolutely bizarre stuff.

Tbh, I'm not really sure what you're ranting about. You are tying yourself in knots. There's one thing for certain btw. If City win neither the CL or the PL, Guardiola will come under huge scrutiny from the media, rightly or wrongly. Also, great coach or not, his selections in the Spurs away tie were abysmal. There is no disputing that, as much as you'll try no doubt LOL

Edited by Hans Moleman - 24 Apr 2019 at 2:08am
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Territorial Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2019 at 2:32am

Terri you're talking utter gibberish. Better still though, you're well aware you are talking utter gibberish.

Just on Guardiola. It was that inconsistency in selection that has Spurs in a CL SF and City players scratching their holes at home. Guardiola rotates. I know this. I've addressed this 100 times on here. For some reason, you often think you are correcting me when I've pointed out certain things like that countless times before.

By the time you get to the last 9/10 games of a season, there should be some semblance of a settled team. That may not always be possible, due to key players bring injured etc., but in City's case there has been little consistency in what were the clutch games of the season. Spurs away in a CL QF. Rest De Bruyne, but play him a few days later away to Crystal Palace. Start Mahrez who has no recent form. Start Delph at LB. No Stones, Kompany in. Just absolutely bizarre stuff.

Tbh, I'm not really sure what you're ranting about. You are tying yourself in knots. There's one thing for certain btw. If City win neither the CL or the PL, Guardiola will come under huge scrutiny from the media, rightly or wrongly. Also, great coach or not, his selections in the Spurs away tie were abysmal. There is no disputing that, as much as you'll try no doubt LOL
Pep's selection vs Spurs at WHL was entirely rational - at least within the context of what he was trying to achieve (the Quadruple).

That is, of all the forthcoming games, the away leg to Spurs was the one he could most afford to lose, albeit narrowly, since he always had the return leg to overturn it.

Whereas with the PL and the FAC, he simply cannot afford to lose any.

Therefore he rested/rotated his players at Spurs. And you know what? He came within an Aguero penalty miss of pulling it off. And even discounting that miss, he came equally close to overturning it at the Etihad.

Then again, as Louis van Gaal perceptively pointed out, like most media reporters, you are guilty of analysing results, not performances. (Though Guardiola is masterful at achieving both, as it happens)

Therefore to use hyperbole such as "abysmal" (are you addicted to that term, or on some sort of weird bonus for typing it?), you discredit your own argument, not PG's.

But hey ho, what would Guardiola know about picking and preparing teams to contest a long, hard season? I mean, he's only achieved 260 out of 330 PL points (80%) since he came to England, including 186 from the last 216..... LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12841285128612871288 1460>
  Share Topic