You Boys in Green Homepage YBIG Shop
Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12831284128512861287 1460>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 2:29pm
In fairness to Liverpool fans, I think they are basing the risk of United rolling over on Wednesday on the position of United fans, rather than players:

A few select comments:

"the prospect of Liverpool winning the title horrifies me. They’re the most pandered to/perspective lacking football club. They simply can’t win."

"I’d definitely prefer City over the Scousers. The thought of enduring a summer of them if they won the league is unbearable. Watching City win it is always bad enough but at least we wouldn’t be hearing about it every five minutes like with Liverpool. The love-in from the media would be horrendous. They’d be wheeling everyone out on it. Making me shudder thinking about it right now!"

"Liverpool are the historic enemy who I always like to see fail, whereas City are fairly new to success and have a long way to go to be anywhere near our trophy haul."
Sponsored Links

Borussia View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Borussia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 2:34pm
I'll be honest, this team is a joy at the moment so once a game ends, I can't wait for the next one. The only thing keeping me going this week is that fact that I'm home for a few days and can go to the derby tonight. I'll be hoping United can do us a favour on Wednesday but if they don't think I won't question whether they have rolled over or anything like that. They'll want to win that game - You can be sure. And if City win then so be it - It's on to the next game on Friday !
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 3:39pm
There is not a hope of United lying down. As I said on Sunday, the 0-4 at Everton and manner of the performance was the worst possible result for City. The reaction to that game from the likes of Neville, Carragher, Pogba coming out apologizing for disrespecting the club with the performance, is bad news for City. Even Klopp has had a pop at United with a bit of reverse psychology saying something along the lines of  "the derby is not something we can influence, and by the look of it United won't be able to either"

I don't think when it comes down to the actual game United fans will actually be caring much about the title race. They won't want to be beaten at home again by their neighbours and will be demanding a response to Sunday's shambles.

A scrappy 1-1 or a narrow win for United would have done for City on Sunday. They'll be facing a totally different and wounded animal tomorrow night who'll be fighting for every ball.

ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 3:56pm
That's the way it should be Borussia. Enjoy it!
Some fans, and not all at all, seem more concerned with United's plight at the moment.
Baffling!
horsebox View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Born n bred in darndale.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horsebox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:29pm
Liverpool fans don't give 2 hoots about United. They do however, what United to win or at least draw against City tomorrow as it's arguably the only game City could drop points.

It was far across the sea,
When the devil got a hold of me,
He wouldn't set me free,
So he kept me soul for ransom.
na na na na na na na na na
na na na na na na na na.
I'm a sailor man from Glasgow to
Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:37pm
Originally posted by horsebox horsebox wrote:

Liverpool fans don't give 2 hoots about United. They do however, what United to win or at least draw against City tomorrow as it's arguably the only game City could drop points.

Would disagree there. City have 3 away games out of 4. Obviously these will generally be tougher than home fixtures. Burnley away is usually a very tough fixture, Chelsea couldn't beat them at Stamford Bridge only 24 hours ago. Unless they totally switch off, City won't have a stroll there. Leicester are an up and down side. When they are good they can be very good. City at home will obviously be big favs though. Brighton away is the only one I'd say City are certs to win, even if Brighton need something. Brighton are simply god awful.

The biggest thing for City though is, are they running on fumes? I think they are. I expect them to drop points in one if not even both of their next fixtures. Even with how poisonous a side United are now, they will be burnt out of OT if they don't put up a serious fight vs City.

Edited by Hans Moleman - 23 Apr 2019 at 5:38pm
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

There is not a hope of United lying down. As I said on Sunday, the 0-4 at Everton and manner of the performance was the worst possible result for City. The reaction to that game from the likes of Neville, Carragher, Pogba coming out apologizing for disrespecting the club with the performance, is bad news for City. Even Klopp has had a pop at United with a bit of reverse psychology saying something along the lines of  "the derby is not something we can influence, and by the look of it United won't be able to either"

I don't think when it comes down to the actual game United fans will actually be caring much about the title race. They won't want to be beaten at home again by their neighbours and will be demanding a response to Sunday's shambles.

A scrappy 1-1 or a narrow win for United would have done for City on Sunday. They'll be facing a totally different and wounded animal tomorrow night who'll be fighting for every ball.

Agree. 
Wings? They're only the band The Beatles could have been.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:49pm
The biggest thing for United vs City is team selection. The likes of Lukaku, who looks like he's carrying triplets when he plays, has to be benched. If Solskjaer goes with the same 11 as vs Everton it is an absolute indictment of his management skills.

I can't see them doing anything but grafting like dogs vs City. Those players have been an utter disgrace recently and they realise that the fans are ready to turn on them. Whether running around a lot more is enough to get a result vs City time will tell. 
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 5:51pm

Of course they don't HB. LOL  (Assuming you're talking about Irish Liverpool fans) 
Baldrick View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
Peyton-tly Pedantic

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baldrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 7:02pm
Laughing at the utd fan giving out about the media love in if Liverpool win the league:). Does he not remember 1993 and and the end of the long wit for utd and the hype over that.  Both clubs are as bad as each other with annoying ex players in the media and fans in Ireland who haven’t a clue. 

Edited by Baldrick - 23 Apr 2019 at 7:03pm
AKA pedantic kunt
planning View Drop Down
Ray Houghton
Ray Houghton

Football version of Comical Ali.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote planning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

In fairness to Liverpool fans, I think they are basing the risk of United rolling over on Wednesday on the position of United fans, rather than players:

A few select comments:

"the prospect of Liverpool winning the title horrifies me. They’re the most pandered to/perspective lacking football club. They simply can’t win."

"I’d definitely prefer City over the Scousers. The thought of enduring a summer of them if they won the league is unbearable. Watching City win it is always bad enough but at least we wouldn’t be hearing about it every five minutes like with Liverpool. The love-in from the media would be horrendous. They’d be wheeling everyone out on it. Making me shudder thinking about it right now!"

"Liverpool are the historic enemy who I always like to see fail, whereas City are fairly new to success and have a long way to go to be anywhere near our trophy haul."

I think muff was the author of all the above. LOL

Seriously, If they think it's better for their noisy neighbours across the road to win the league instead of a team in a different city, they're mad. 12 months of facing City fans every single day, working with them, living with them, visiting them, why would they prefer that over the odd reminder from Liverpool fans?

And even if Liverpool fans remind them occasionally of who won the league, they should be used to it, as the fans and media did it to everyone else for long enough. To the extent that the European Cup Finals for 1968 and 1999 make it into RTE's Reeling In The Years for those years. When Liverpool are included, it's about Heysel and Hillsborough only. That's not a coincidence imo. 
irishmufc View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
I love Vulvas

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irishmufc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by planning planning wrote:

Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

A few select comments:

I think muff was the author of all the above. LOL

Seriously, If they think it's better for their noisy neighbours across the road to win the league instead of a team in a different city, they're mad. 12 months of facing City fans every single day, working with them, living with them, visiting them, why would they prefer that over the odd reminder from Liverpool fans?

And even if Liverpool fans remind them occasionally of who won the league, they should be used to it, as the fans and media did it to everyone else for long enough. To the extent that the European Cup Finals for 1968 and 1999 make it into RTE's Reeling In The Years for those years. When Liverpool are included, it's about Heysel and Hillsborough only. That's not a coincidence imo. 

LOLLOL

Will you ever have a day off ya lunatic. 

Even Reeling In the Years is out to get Liverpool ffs LOLEmbarrassed
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Hans Moleman Hans Moleman wrote:

Would disagree there. City have 3 away games out of 4. Obviously these will generally be tougher than home fixtures. Burnley away is usually a very tough fixture, Chelsea couldn't beat them at Stamford Bridge only 24 hours ago. Unless they totally switch off, City won't have a stroll there. Leicester are an up and down side. When they are good they can be very good. City at home will obviously be big favs though. Brighton away is the only one I'd say City are certs to win, even if Brighton need something. Brighton are simply god awful.

The biggest thing for City though is, are they running on fumes? I think they are. I expect them to drop points in one if not even both of their next fixtures. Even with how poisonous a side United are now, they will be burnt out of OT if they don't put up a serious fight vs City.

How many straws are you trying to clutch at there LOL

Pure desperation analysis
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 8:32pm
Straws my good fellow. How so?

I feel like you and I have met before and are going to have a long, fruitful relationship on here Hug
Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 8:49pm
LOLLOLLOL

Reeling in the years

Pundits on TV

Bookmakers 

Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 8:55pm
Btw, for all those who are certain that City will win their remaining 4 PL games at a canter. There is easy double your money in the bookies. 100 percent return in just over 2 weeks time. fill your boots.
DUBLIN DOC View Drop Down
Jack Charlton
Jack Charlton
The F The F The FAI

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DUBLIN DOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:04pm

Btw, for all those who are certain that City will win their remaining 4 PL games at a canter. There is easy double your money in the bookies. 100 percent return in just over 2 weeks time. fill your boots.
I off out now to buy 10 pairs of Wellies should be able to get a fair wedge into them
robbo View Drop Down
Ronnie Whelan
Ronnie Whelan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2019 at 9:13pm

Straws my good fellow. How so?

I feel like you and I have met before and are going to have a long, fruitful relationship on here Hug

Sorry but I don’t follow your second point. 

I think you’re clutching at straws in thinking City will drop points before the end of the season. There’s not a lot to it really. They’ve been beating teams easily recently regardless of how blindly you try to analyze them from your Liverpool loving perspective. 

Liverpool will come second with a phenomenal points total, nothing to be ashamed of but I just don’t think they’ll win the title.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12831284128512861287 1460>
  Share Topic