Forum Home Forum Home : International : Rest of The World
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Liverpool FC thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12801281128212831284 1460>
Author
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:47pm
It’s the fact that they’ve Spurs and united up next, which are the big two league games remaining, that means that the being out of the CL to be fresher argument is irrelevant now 

Liverpool won’t drop another point so a draw even on Saturday and it’s league over 

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 17 Apr 2019 at 11:47pm
Sponsored Links

Hans Moleman View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane
Muff: That is a lie and you are a liar

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2019 at 11:56pm
Spurs will surely be feeling it physically after that, but City will be on their knees mentally. If they win it from here hats off to them. For the players, that must be one of the worst ways ever to go out of a tournament tonight. To only have a few days to get over that will take some doing.
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:00am
Cardiff could be tricky for Liverpool on Sunday.
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:01am
If City get 96 points and don't win the title LOL

It wouldn't only be the highest number of points ever scored by a runner up, it would be the third highest number of points ever scored in the English top flight. Only two champions (Chelsea 2005 and City last year) have scored more points, and that's even adjusting the two points for a win era, as far as I know.

Roberto Baggio View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:01am
Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Go home son, you’re drunk LOL

Edited by Roberto Baggio - 18 Apr 2019 at 12:01am
BrendanD88 View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

99% of my posts are emojis

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrendanD88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:03am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by BrendanD88 BrendanD88 wrote:

Go home son, you’re drunk LOL

And you’re raging Wink
sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:06am
Originally posted by SuperDave84 SuperDave84 wrote:

City would be facing fixture congestion if they'd won tonight and now they aren't. And surely they should be capable of hammering the rabble that are United. Nailed on for the league.
Manchester City were never going to drop points in their final two league games. If they're going to drop them, it'll be against Tottenham or Manchester United, or at a very outside chance, Burnley, and that was always the case.

They get no extra rest for the next three games and a massive psychological downer. 

Guardiola's Barca couldn't beat 10 man Chelsea in 2012 three days after the massive psychological downer of losing the league to Real Madrid.

Guardiola is one of the worst possible managers you can have in this situation because he is so obsessed - particularly with winning the European Cup. 

He tends to take defeats really badly.

The physical effort Manchester City had to put in tonight was massive as well.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:22am

If City get 96 points and don't win the title LOL

It wouldn't only be the highest number of points ever scored by a runner up, it would be the third highest number of points ever scored in the English top flight. Only two champions (Chelsea 2005 and City last year) have scored more points, and that's even adjusting the two points for a win era, as far as I know.

Always thought Chelsea got 95 that season?
"I called him an embarrassment to FIFA and to himself," .... He said 'No-one speaks to me like that'.... and I said, "well I do' and that was that."
SuperDave84 View Drop Down
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
ooh Thomas, how could you do this to me!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SuperDave84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:30am
Oh sh*t sorry yeah. No one but City has beaten that.
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Moleman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 1:33am

Oh sh*t sorry yeah. No one but City has beaten that.

So if Liverpool and City win all of their games, they are in the top 3 of all time behind Citys tally of last season. I wonder has anyone adjusted for 3 ppg and went all the way back and used average ppg when there were far fewer games back 100 years ago (I always have Preston invincibles on 22 games total played).

Might do that myself over the next few days. Not much on my plate at the moment LOL
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:21am
Would agree that it's a hammerblow for City.
A tough run in compared to Liverpool's, who if they don't win the 4 of them would have to be considered bottlers.
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:26am
Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

A tough run in compared to Liverpool's, who if they don't win the 4 of them would have to be considered bottlers.

Its probably due to the social media generation, but this obsession with having to label some team bottlers is quite ridiculous

sid waddell View Drop Down
Roy Keane
Roy Keane

On a dark desert highway

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sid waddell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:33am
I was just thinking there

Manchester St. Germain are some shower of bottlers

No Champions League semi-finals in three seasons under Guardiola

Embarrassing

Croftman View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Croftman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 9:55am
Originally posted by robbo robbo wrote:

The absolute love in for Liverpool is astonishing. Yes they’re a good side but they’ve won nothing and the way lads are going on you might as well give them the league title along with the CL one now
What love in? Nobody wants us to win the league bar our own supporters. True, havent won anything yet but the improvement since Klopp took over is massive. Gone from having an average squad and scrapping for 4th to competing for the League & Champions League in a few years. 

The title's in City's hands so it's all down to what happens with them. Regardless of who wins it they'll both have put in some points total. The CL, well anything can happen there as we saw last night. I'll call a Liverpool v Ajax final Smile
Some people just deserve a slap
ChesterCopperpot View Drop Down
Liam Brady
Liam Brady

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChesterCopperpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Roberto Baggio Roberto Baggio wrote:

Originally posted by ChesterCopperpot ChesterCopperpot wrote:

Its probably due to the social media generation, but this obsession with having to label some team bottlers is quite ridiculous

Was trying to think of an other term to use but bottlers seemed right.
Maybe throwing it away might be more appropriate
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 11:33am
While on the subject of bottling, will Liverpool fans bottle the Barca team bus for the semi finals?
eboue16 View Drop Down
Davey Langan
Davey Langan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eboue16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:33pm
Barcelona (a)
Newcastle (a)
Barcelona (h)

Newcastle away, couple of days before second leg against Barca could be where the damage is done. 
Although Rafa will probably roll over the fat prick

Edited by eboue16 - 18 Apr 2019 at 12:34pm
Robbie Keane
Robbie Keane
UNBELIEVABLE JEFF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roberto Baggio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2019 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by eboue16 eboue16 wrote:

Barcelona (a)
Newcastle (a)
Barcelona (h)

Newcastle away, couple of days before second leg against Barca could be where the damage is done. 
Although Rafa will probably roll over the fat prick

He'll play himself and Mike Ashley up front for that one
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 12801281128212831284 1460>
  Share Topic